2019 NYCC - Hasbro Marvel Legends Reveals Images

Wheel-Jack

16 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Sadly not safe from lame writers still trying to cash in on great story lines that came before. Exposing his secret ID to the world and having him run around in a red 3 piece suit was silly....the recent storyline where he's getting the crap beat out of him by just any ol normal guy on the street is equally ridiculous....this is a guy who bashed through swarms of ninjas. He couldn't lose his skills this much. On another, more Marvel Legends related note: when do you think the "armored" DD suit is coming? We know it is....

bowen-designs---marvel-super-heroes-statue---daredevil--armored--on-gargoyle--loose--p-image-345485-grande.jpg

I hope we get that figure soon! or any new DD Figures really as long as its new sculpts where needed. But the armored one has to be soon I would think.

I really enjoyed waid's run but yea the suit part wasn't my favorite, but at least they resolved it quickly enough after it served the story's purpose

1 hour ago, michiganjfrog said:

I hope we get that figure soon! or any new DD Figures really as long as its new sculpts where needed. But the armored one has to be soon I would think.

I really enjoyed waid's run but yea the suit part wasn't my favorite, but at least they resolved it quickly enough after it served the story's purpose

You're right, I agree...they didn't over do the arc of him wearing that suit. And its not like its totally ridiculous that he would want some extra protective gear to go into combat with. So, its not one of those asinine "change for change's sake" they often do with their characters (I'm really unhappy with this idiotic look they have for Namor in the current Invaders mag right now); I'd still buy it especially if they put him on the same figure they already used.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

You're right, I agree...they didn't over do the arc of him wearing that suit. And its not like its totally ridiculous that he would want some extra protective gear to go into combat with. So, its not one of those asinine "change for change's sake" they often do with their characters (I'm really unhappy with this idiotic look they have for Namor in the current Invaders mag right now); I'd still buy it especially if they put him on the same figure they already used.

I guess it also helps that I read that whole story arc back to back lol.so from my point of view he wasn't in the suit too long. it probably would have been a bit more of annoyance waiting for the issues month by month

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:38 PM, Atlantis said:

Sadly not safe from lame writers still trying to cash in on great story lines that came before. Exposing his secret ID to the world and having him run around in a red 3 piece suit was silly....the recent storyline where he's getting the crap beat out of him by just any ol normal guy on the street is equally ridiculous....this is a guy who bashed through swarms of ninjas. He couldn't lose his skills this much. On another, more Marvel Legends related note: when do you think the "armored" DD suit is coming? We know it is....

bowen-designs---marvel-super-heroes-statue---daredevil--armored--on-gargoyle--loose--p-image-345485-grande.jpg

I agree with this. DD is my hands down favorite character since I was a kid. Don't forget he also bashed his way through acres of Ultron Drones and fought Spider-Man, Black Panther and Captain America to stand stills and even beat them a few times with pure ingenuity. He's got hypersensitive senses, which would require that he also have hyperactive reaction time and muscle strength to respond to those skills. Stan the Man himself said his radar sense was superior to Spidey's spider-sense which made him all but untouchable, even while fighting multiple opponents. He's every bit as "enhanced" as other street level heroes, He was a true super hero, yet for the last couple of years they've pushed to make him look like Mr. Any Man Guy wearing a fancy super suit. Hey, the MCU already has one of those guys, his name is Hawkeye, yet he seemed more super in comparison, mixing it up with the likes of Loki and Iron Man. I blame the Netflix show. Not that it was a bad show. It was a little slow moving and didn't make much use of the vast back log of rogues that they had access to, but it was the best of the batch by a large measure. I mean, at least he had a suit. The thing is they never made him into the bad ass he was in the comics. In the comics he had superior skills to anyone he clashed with, he had superior confidence, he could fight in full 360 degrees, but yet in the show they made him a punching bag that coulgd get caught off guard from behind and took an ass whooping for about 10 minutes only to steal victory from the jaws of defeat by some stroke of luck or an assist by Elektra or Punisher. It was disheartening as a fan. Now, instead of the comic source material driving the show, the show has since seemed to push the story telling to "normalize" Murdock to basically a head case who goes out at night in kooky pajamas that might be tough enough to do some good. Might as well be carrying mace and a rape whistle.

My DD rant outta the way, I gotta believe Armored DD is on it's way soon, he was hinted at when Doom was revealed at SDCC. It was actually one of his more practical uniforms from past stories. I was actually kinda upset when he stopped using it. Batman, Moon Knight and Captain America all use some form of armor, I'm not sure why it wouldn't make sense for ol' Horn Head. It should be easy enough to do using either the aforementioned Moon Knight buck or the Night Thrasher buck.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:12 AM, monron999 said:

IMO Warpath is outta scale with the rest of X-Force as he was portrayed in the 90's comic as even taller than Colossus, but accurate scale is not something I've expected from Hasbro for some time now (though they do occasionally get it right), so as long as he's taller than the rest of the team I'm cool.

That's news to me that Warpath was shown as taller than Colossus. I originally thought the TRU Warpath, which I overpaid to get, was too big, but then I looked it up and saw he should be close to Colossus' height but slightly shorter, so then I was fine with the size of that figure.

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

That's news to me that Warpath was shown as taller than Colossus. I originally thought the TRU Warpath, which I overpaid to get, was too big, but then I looked it up and saw he should be close to Colossus' height but slightly shorter, so then I was fine with the size of that figure.

The TRU exclusive was way too big. I guess its all perspective and artist interpretation. To give Liefeld a little bit of the credit that he so copiously gives himself, he did drudge this character up from the annals of forgotten Marvel. Liefeld being Liefeld he drew Warpath much larger than he was in the past with typical Liefeld exaggerated anatomy. Even the great Jim Lee, who was a notorious stickler for scale and anatomy, relented to Liefeld's "reimagining" of the character. If you go by database statistics, which for some reason Hasbro is unable to locate, then he's 7'2" which is shorter than Colossus at 7'5" so this is probably close to accurate, but if I'm not mistaken, the Omega Red buck, which is the base for Warpath, is pretty much the same height as the Classic Cable figure so I'm thinking he's gonna be too short as compares to the rest of the 90's team. Of course, in modern times he's portrayed smaller As his powers have been retconed from straight team powerhouse to powers more similar to his brother Thunderbird's, but that's not the version they're doing here. As I've said several times before, I'm just a scale Nazi and it just bothers me, especially when it's something that Hasbro could have easily controlled. It seems the first Colossus buck would have been better suited.

3 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I have seen warpath drawn all over the "scale map!"

I always assumed he was about the same height as COLOSSUS. Does he grow in size when he gets angry? I read somewhere he gets stronger the madder he gets. Is this a fact?

Warpath is around 7' 2" which makes him roughly Hulk size

20 hours ago, monron999 said:

The TRU exclusive was way too big.... If you go by database statistics, which for some reason Hasbro is unable to locate, then he's 7'2" which is shorter than Colossus at 7'5" so this is probably close to accurate, but if I'm not mistaken, the Omega Red buck, which is the base for Warpath, is pretty much the same height as the Classic Cable figure so I'm thinking he's gonna be too short as compares to the rest of the 90's team. Of course, in modern times he's portrayed smaller As his powers have been retconed from straight team powerhouse to powers more similar to his brother Thunderbird's, but that's not the version they're doing here. As I've said several times before, I'm just a scale Nazi and it just bothers me, especially when it's something that Hasbro could have easily controlled. It seems the first Colossus buck would have been better suited.

Yes, 7'2" for Warpath and 7'5" for Colossus was what I found too, so that means they are almost the same height with Warpath being a tiny bit shorter. So then the TRU exclusive Warpath is the correct size, not too big. As far as I know, the first Colossus buck is the same size as the recent Colossus if we're referring to the same figures (Warlock wave Colossus and 80th Anniversary Colossus).

Warpath.jpg

On 10/7/2019 at 5:38 AM, Atlantis said:

People love to hate  this costume but I tend to like it, it still looks pretty decent to this day compared to other silly costumes from 90s. 

17 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Yes, 7'2" for Warpath and 7'5" for Colossus was what I found too, so that means they are almost the same height with Warpath being a tiny bit shorter. So then the TRU exclusive Warpath is the correct size, not too big. As far as I know, the first Colossus buck is the same size as the recent Colossus if we're referring to the same figures (Warlock wave Colossus and 80th Anniversary Colossus).

Warpath.jpg

Good catch, I've never really ever dug up the old Warpath to compare to the new Colossus. I guess I was just remembering how outta scale large he was with most of the other ML they did during the dark days that I assumed he would still be in the same range. Yes, that looks pretty accurate and for the most part that figure still hold up well, especially the head sculpt. If they coulda just redone that Warpath on the modernized buck that they used for the Wrecking Crew, it would have been perfect

8 hours ago, monron999 said:

Good catch, I've never really ever dug up the old Warpath to compare to the new Colossus. I guess I was just remembering how outta scale large he was with most of the other ML they did during the dark days that I assumed he would still be in the same range. Yes, that looks pretty accurate and for the most part that figure still hold up well, especially the head sculpt. If they coulda just redone that Warpath on the modernized buck that they used for the Wrecking Crew, it would have been perfect

Yeah, I agree the old Warpath still holds up pretty well. The only thing bothersome is the ugly ball joint hips. But I have to say that he looks better in person than he photographs (I've noticed this with several other figures where for some reason, they just don't look that good in photos, but in person they look better. The TRU Warpath is that way). Yes, the Wrecking Crew was the same buck except with better hip joints, so that would have been a good choice.

7 hours ago, tarot said:

How does omega red look next to colossus as warpath is on that buck?

As another scale zealot (sounds better than scale Nazi), this was one of the first things I looked up when I saw the new Warpath was on the Omega Red buck. I don't have Omega Red myself so I had to check the internet for comparison shots.

The first comparison shot makes Omega Red look fairly short compared with Colossus, but in the second one, they look closer. And Omega Red might be slightly broader than Colossus across the shoulders.

Omega Red 1.jpg

Omega Red 2.jpg

5 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

As another scale zealot (sounds better than scale Nazi), this was one of the first things I looked up when I saw the new Warpath was on the Omega Red buck. I don't have Omega Red myself so I had to check the internet for comparison shots.

The first comparison shot makes Omega Red look fairly short compared with Colossus, but in the second one, they look closer. And Omega Red might be slightly broader than Colossus across the shoulders.

Omega Red 1.jpg

Omega Red 2.jpg

It's weird how two pictures can give such different comparisons. I also noticed Warpath has a boot cut which looks like an entirely different new lower leg. Maybe they took the opportunity to give him a bit of extra height. Now if someone could find a comparison of Omega Red to X-Force Cable.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

Now if someone could find a comparison of Omega Red to X-Force Cable.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Not sure what Cable's head in the second picture comes from, but it looks great. They look to be about the same height, but Cable's shoulders rest a little lower than Omega Red's. The included head is just really big.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:28 PM, Starlord67 said:

Just an FYI...Beast is still available at BBTS. I just ordered one. As for SPIDERWOMAN, if it's Julia Carpenter your after, there is one at my local Wal-Mart I'd be happy to pick up for you. Let me know!

Much appreciated on the offer friend but I'm in no hurry to get Julia at the moment as I'm sure she'll be discounted by the holidays, so I'll be checking out for her during the Black Friday weekend next month & during the holidays, same for Forge. I'm torn between getting his JL Beast figure or waiting to see if Hasbro ever does a more smaller Perez Avengers Beast in the near future. The hulking size of this one is a huge turnoff for me. FF Walgreens Thing is the one I want to get but will not pay $40+ for. Low $30-$35 maybe, but still hoping I find him in the wild for the $19.99 store price one of these days.  With the recent NYCC reveals, now I just gotta add 90s Warpath to my short list of 2020 figures:

Dr Doom

Shang Ch

Vulture

Warpath

Hoping NYTF in Feb has more classic 70s-80s characters to show.

12 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Off topic but despite having these useful gifts and genuine love for his wife, Reed is more concerned with his scientific endeavors rather than Sue, at least from comics it always seemed that Reed at least somewhat neglected Sue. 

you have read the wrong comics then mate. Reed has always put his family first. Take the council of reeds storyline for example. He was offered a place in the council that could place him with the greatest minds in the multi-verse with them unraveling the mysteries of everything. All he had to give up was his family. He refused to do so. 

Reed and Sue are marvel's power couple. They have been together for decade, rarely apart. They are over shadowed by others but there is no denying that they are the best couple in marvel and a true example of love in the Marvel universe.