Who Could The Build-A-Figure For The Upcoming Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Wave Be???

JayC

This week Hasbro revealed their plans for a new 6 figure Fantastic Four themed wave of Marvel Legends figures that will be coming out in 2020. All six regular figures in the wave were announced which include the following:

Modern Fantastic Four Reed Richards
Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-Reed-Richards__scaled_600.jpg

Modern Fantastic Four Invisible Woman
Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-Invisible-Woman__scaled_600.jpg

Modern Fantastic Four Johnny Storm
Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-Human-Torch__scaled_600.jpg

Modern Fantastic Four The Thing
Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-Thing__scaled_600.jpg

Modern She-Hulk
Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-She-Hulk__scaled_600.jpg

Dr. Doom
Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-Doctor-Doom__scaled_600.jpg

The one figure we however do not know about in this wave is the Build-A-Figure. The Possibilities could be infinite, but we thought it would be fun if we narrowed it down to the Top 5 we think have the best chance of making the cut. These are not necessarily the ones we WANT to see most, just the ones we think have the best chance of being made. Obviously we could end up being totally wrong here, so treat this list as nothing more than speculation on our part, and feel free to share your own thoughts about who you think it will be in the COMMENTS SECTION below.

Our Top-5 List Of Possible Fantastic Four Wave Build-A-Figure Choices:

5. Galactus
galactus__scaled_600.jpg

The Devourer of Worlds is no stranger to the Marvel Legends world as both Toy Biz and Hasbro have done versions of the mighty Galactus in the past. While definitely a fan-favorite, we really don't see him getting the plastic treatment again unless Hasbro can make him really, really tall. This in our opinion makes him a more likely candidate as a future Haslab project than just a normal Build-A-Figure.

4. Dragon Man
Dragon_Man_001__scaled_600.jpg

Dragon Man is another character who is no stranger to the Marvel Legends world as Toy Biz did him back in the day as part of a Fantastic Four sub-line. Even though it wasn't even released as an actual Build-A-Figure it was a great looking figure that stands up well even by today's modern standards. That's not to say the character could use a modern update, we just would rather see others get made before him I guess.

3. Annihilus
Annihilus-__scaled_600.jpg

This is one Hasbro has actually already done as a Build-A-Figure back when they first took over the license from Toy Biz. While most the figures in that wave did not come out that great, the Annihilus was actually pretty good. This is another one that we certainly think could be improved upon with a modern update but we just don't see it happening just yet.

2. Awesome Android
awandroid__scaled_600.jpg

Awesome Android is one we think would be perfect for the Build-A-Figure treatment which has never actually been done before by either Hasbro or Toy Biz. While we think this would be a great choice, we kinda feel like the fact his creator The Thinker isn't being released as a regular figure in the wave makes him an unlikely candidate for this round. We definitely think Android and Thinker could be strong candidates for a future Fantastic Four wave, and you know more will be coming now that the FF are back with the House of Mouse.

1. Super Skrull
Superskrull__scaled_600.jpg

Super Skrull is our #1 choice of having the best chance of being the Build-A-Figure for this wave. For one thing Skrulls are popular now. Skrulls seemingly are going to have a large presence in this next phase of the MCU which never hurts for added notoriety. Our main reason though for feeling this will be the Build-A-Figure is because there have been indications of a Super Skrull figure being made in the recent past. You may recall a year or so ago that reports came to light showing a retail computer listing suggesting Super Skrull would be released as a Walgreens exclusive. That never happened but our guess is that figure will now end up being released as the Build-A-Figure for this wave. Toy Biz did a Super Skrull figure back in the day as part of that same sub-line they released Dragon Man in, but that version was on the small side and that one could definitely use a modern update in our opinion.

Annihilus-.jpg

awandroid.jpg

Dragon_Man_001.jpg

galactus.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-Doctor-Doom.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-Human-Torch.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-Invisible-Woman.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-Reed-Richards.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-She-Hulk.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Modern-FF-Thing.JPG

Superskrull.jpg

Galactus would be my first choice but Hasbro hasn't been known for doing those REALLY big characters that ToyBiz used to do.

I would go with Dragon Man personally but wouldn't be opposed to a new Annihilus. The first one they did years ago wasn't great. 

They could do a Watcher.

I dont think is Galactus, we had the Marvel Universe that looks really cool.

I really hope is the Awesome Android (a dark character) so I can buy it second hand because I'm not getting this wave at all as I'm only interested in Dr. Doom. Also I'm fine if is Blastarr to pass because I have that Box Set one.

I will be sooooo mad if is Dragon Man, Super Skrull or a (necessary) remake of Annihilus ... I want them!!

I'm guessin Super Skrull on this one, it seems the most likely for many reason JayC already stated, Skrulls are in the MCU, we already knew a Super Skrull was going to be a Walgreens Exclusive, which means since it got canceled they probably just shifted it over to this wave as the BAF, honestly I hope it's Super Skrull because I don't really care all that much about building him (granted I've never seen what it looks like yet if it's so) but I don't want to have to buy all of these figures, and if it's Dragon Man or Annihilus or Galactus I'm going to have to build them, and I'm scared already about how hard it's going to be to get this Dr. Doom (I feel it's going to be worse then any figure yet, harder then Vintage Storm, Beast Etc)

Oh yeah I’m betting it’s the super skrull. They get to reuse parts from the wave they are selling us as the baf. It’s cost effective for them and give people something they been asking for. Win, win.

but what if they went crazy and gave us a Fantasticar! It would have to be scaled down too much and it’s not going to happen but man that would be awesome

Outside of Dr Doom, I've been meh on this wave and have said so. Should the BAF be either Annihilus or Super Skrull that will have to change. Unlike the Kingpin BAF, who I really wanted but didn't get, that one had characters I just don't like or care for. I can tolerate these characters way more, if it means getting one of those two BAFs. Which, of course, is exactly what the marketers had in mind because I think even they knew that just by themselves these are weaker choices. So yeah, good strategy as far as MY wallet goes.

9 hours ago, mako said:

Sure they do, they just don't always do them the way we want/expect, sometimes better: Giant Man, Sentinel, Onslaught, etc.

Maybe my phrasing could be better. They don't do the really big toys of really big characters that ToyBiz used to do. My old ToyBiz Galactus, Giant Man, Apocalypse and Sentinel all tower above all my other figures. Hasbro did a Sentinel but it wasn't a build-a-figure. I'd be surprised if they did a really large build-a-figure like Galactus. 

Hmm from those, I would guess a super skrull, I would rather see it released in a two pack army builder type set but I think it has a good chance to be the baf

I would guess dragon man is another with a really strong chance.

I don't see them doing galactus just due to the size. And as far as which figures id like to see picked, Annihilus and Uatu would be my wants