Who Could The Build-A-Figure For The Upcoming Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Wave Be???

JayC

15 hours ago, tarot said:

Honestly i see lockjaw and the rest of the inhumans being slotted into this subline the any other line. That if the wave does well and leads to a whole subline line they did with spidey and the xmen

Same here, Black Bolt was only shoved into the BP wave because he's a member of the Illuminati 

Relevance could be a big factor.

Simplest answer is SuperSkrull. Skrulls' recent introduction in the MCU as well as Hasbro easily utilizing existing body / removable parts from previous Fantastic 4 figs like Reed's / Ben's arms and effects pieces from Sue and Johnny and alike.

For Galactus, would hasbro create a new bigger mold or utilize the one from Marvel Universe 19" figure.

My best guess is Awesome Android or Dragon Man. Firstly, AA HS never been done and it can easily be made with several existing bucks (Endgame Hulk seems appropriate cuz he's very large). Secondly, Hasbro has never done a DM and he's one of those figures that seems to fall under that "Hasbro can't do it as good as Toybiz" umbrella that Hasbro takes so personally. They can, but not as a single card.

Galactus would be nice but we all know that'll probably never happen (as good as TB) unless it's some premium format or Haslab. Redos of Annihius and Ronan would also be cool but we know how Hasbro likes to drag their feet about red or of characters they've already done.

Superskrull is a strong possibility, but I think he was always intended to be a single card and turning him into an assembly would be unnecessary added cost and time. I'm thinking they'll try to put him in the Captain Marvel 2 wave as the Skrulls first appeared in her movie and they don't need a legendary, iconic, well liked property like FF to usurp any spotlight from Disney's Champion of the Future. Then again, I don't think this FF wave is a one-off either. There's still so much more source material left untapped. He, along with characters like Kang and Crystal could easily fill in a second wave.

Whatever it is I'm totally excited about this and the X-Force wave and I'm on pins and needles waiting for the BAF for the Spider-Man wave. It's gonna be a great year for comic figure lovers.

18 hours ago, ComboFigures said:

A GALACTUS action figure should be about 4 feet tall and comes with this huge box! GALACTUS shouldn't be a build-a-figure. You want GALACTUS to be the size of a Build-A-Figure Giant-Man? ...or those Titan Hero Series?? Did I hear you say "No"? Well then, just say "NO" to a build-a-figure GALACTUS.

If you wanted to do him justice in accordance with their 6" scale, your estimate is probably up there. Don't think you have to worry about Galactus just yet....don't know that they'd ever do a figure that size. Regardless, it would be cost-prohibitive.  

Its way easier for them to do Skrull  (he's not much taller than 6ft anyway) or Annihilus; body bucks already exist for both. Modify Sauron a bit and you've got Annihilus' wings, use either buck from Bishop/Thor/Omega Red etc. and Super Skrull is done. Frankly I woudnt have picked Galactus or Awesome Android for the top 5 possible choices anyway. The Watcher or Blastarr make more sense. My money's on Annihilus or Super Skrull.

On one hand, I really want a Galactus, because I don’t have either of the old ones. I also would prefer him being a supersize BAF, being either as big as the ML or MU ones would be fine by me. Plus I wouldn’t have to pay the price for a Haslab version. But I also really want a gigantic Galactus. I have to think Hasbro will eventually do a Haslab Galactus though, so my money is on either Super Skrull or Annihilus for the BAF.

3 hours ago, mako said:

What if they went and gave us a total dark-horse character by doing someone like Psycho-Man?

Wouldn't mind that, and frankly the constant stream of "redos" gets old after a while. Besides, there'll be plenty time for Galactus, Super Skrull, etc. later.

Nah, people know Psycho-Man. If we want a Dark-Horse/obscure character why not Devos the Devastator?

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, mako said:

I didn't mean people didn't KNOW Psycho Man, I just meant everyone is calling for Galactus, Super-Skrull, etc., it might be cool if they gave us someone nobody expected.

Nice call on Devos though.

Thanks, I agree though a lot of the ideas are either too obvious or won't work as a BAF. 

3 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I don't think it will be Annihilous (I have no clue how to spell this) as HASBRO made a pretty good one already. I'm hoping beyond hope it's the Super SKRULL. Fingers crossed!

Not understanding your reasoning here....Hasbro wont do it because they did one in the past??  Yes they did an Annihilus, they also did Black Bolt, Vindicator, Vision, Wolverine etc.  quite a few others years ago- which didn't prevent them from doing improved versions even up to today. Both Hasbro and Toybiz did a Super Skrull.  Just because Hasbro did/ didn't do a figure before, isn't much of an indicator as to what they'll do now. 

I think most of us lean toward Skrull because there are more indicators that its on the planning board and has been for some time. And, like I pointed out before, its a fairly easy figure to do...he's only about 6' in the comics, so in action figure form he wouldn't even have to be Sasquatch BAF size (though I figure they will level him up a bit to that range).

But none of that counts out the others on the list, and there's also a good chance if we don't see Annihilus this time around, he's likely just around the corner. In fact, if they keep going at the pace they have, I'm sure most if not all those figures listed will be made eventually. By the by here's the way you spell his name...and don't ask me why he's spying on the bearded dude who looks like he's picking his nose...ugh...

ann.jpg

As I mentioned in the article I don't see Hasbro taking on Galactus again unless its for Haslab and a really tall version. They already did a 12" version for the Marvel Universe line several years ago which is a great figure if you want that size.  Super Skrull is my choice for this wave only because like with Dr Doom it seemed like he was previously in the works as a Walgreens exclusive not to mention with the recent FF figures they've done you have many of the parts needed already made.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:10 AM, JayC said:

As I mentioned in the article I don't see Hasbro taking on Galactus again unless its for Haslab and a really tall version. They already did a 12" version for the Marvel Universe line several years ago which is a great figure if you want that size.  Super Skrull is my choice for this wave only because like with Dr Doom it seemed like he was previously in the works as a Walgreens exclusive not to mention with the recent FF figures they've done you have many of the parts needed already made.

18 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Not understanding your reasoning here....Hasbro wont do it because they did one in the past??  Yes they did an Annihilus, they also did Black Bolt, Vindicator, Vision, Wolverine etc.  quite a few others years ago- which didn't prevent them from doing improved versions even up to today. Both Hasbro and Toybiz did a Super Skrull.  Just because Hasbro did/ didn't do a figure before, isn't much of an indicator as to what they'll do now. 

I think most of us lean toward Skrull because there are more indicators that its on the planning board and has been for some time. And, like I pointed out before, its a fairly easy figure to do...he's only about 6' in the comics, so in action figure form he wouldn't even have to be Sasquatch BAF size (though I figure they will level him up a bit to that range).

But none of that counts out the others on the list, and there's also a good chance if we don't see Annihilus this time around, he's likely just around the corner. In fact, if they keep going at the pace they have, I'm sure most if not all those figures listed will be made eventually. By the by here's the way you spell his name...and don't ask me why he's spying on the bearded dude who looks like he's picking his nose...ugh...

ann.jpg

I see your point...there is a chance he'll make the cut. My reasoning was skewed by one to many pina coladas I think. 😁

I'd like a new comic Ronan too. Then we'd have almost all the Annihilators! I never even read that comic (too recent for me), but looking at the members, who can beat that team?

But how about The Champion!! An homage to the Thing in the Marvel Two-In-One classic. I doubt The Champion is the BAF but I do hope Hasbro brings him to us some time. I was surprised when they made a 3.75 version of him (as Championpool), so he is on their radar. I would think a Legends version of him would be similar in size to the new Hulk and Juggernaut, but not as wide, like maybe the size of the Legends Sasquatch BAF (who is way too small for that character!).

Thing.jpg

champion.jpg

4 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I see your point...there is a chance he'll make the cut. My reasoning was skewed by one to many pina coladas I think. 😁

No worries. Like I said I think almost all of these choices are going to see figure form very soon; I'd be surprised it theyre not all out by this time next year. But one that didn't make their cut was the Watcher...and I really liked Bryne's take on him....john-byrne-watcher.thumb.jpg.d3976f38895894f29cc3a69ccb3946e7.jpg

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

I would like to Skrulls sold as a Walgreen exclusive or army builder 2 packs. Having to buy 6-8 figures for one Skrull would be unfortunate. Ronan would be cool. Dragon-man is a void spot on almost any collector who started after 2010. I would vote to get Dragon-man, But Annihulus would be a great option too! But more than ever that new doom is a masterpiece. 

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:57 PM, mako said:

What if they went and gave us a total dark-horse character by doing someone like Psycho-Man?

Wouldn't mind that, and frankly the constant stream of "redos" gets old after a while. Besides, there'll be plenty time for Galactus, Super Skrull, etc. later.

True. Psycho-Man and his ilk would be welcome....and would make the eventual appearance of "bigger name" characters all the sweeter...

12 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I would like to Skrulls sold as a Walgreen exclusive or army builder 2 packs. Having to buy 6-8 figures for one Skrull would be unfortunate. Ronan would be cool. Dragon-man is a void spot on almost any collector who started after 2010. I would vote to get Dragon-man, But Annihulus would be a great option too! But more than ever that new doom is a masterpiece. 

i keep thinking of the hydra goon two pack, one big dude and one normal size. that combo would be so cool for a skrull set

On 10/10/2019 at 2:04 AM, leokearon said:

A standard skrull and a "Super" Skrull pack would be cool

On 10/10/2019 at 2:04 AM, leokearon said:

A standard skrull and a "Super" Skrull pack would be cool

Right? not only that but it would be nice to be able a sizable  army with them. something that could battle the avengers and fantastic four.