Hasbro, give us Carbonized Iron Man

SpiderS

With Carbonized Star Wars  StormTrooper (that JC just reviewed)

we finally saw that Hasbro can give us red metallic paint that can look great, it’s surely wonderful to see that for Star Wars, but we need the same finish on one Marvel character called..... Iron Man who is supposed to have shiny metallic paint. It’s infuriating to see Iron Man getting at best sorta shiny or outright flat red plastic. What do you think? 

agreed! its very frustrating to me, it might be my biggest pet peeve about ML figures. it seems like we either get the flat dull paint (like on the mark 50) or the jolly rancher look (the bleeding edge)

the mark 85 looks to be a lot  better than usual from what ive seen from reviews. I just ordered one so I hope it looks good in hand, fingers crossed.

Seems like a really cool idea, and that Sith Trooper looks rad, but wasn't the 80th Iron Man good in the Metallic department? , I feel like they are moving down this route with ML's

but it's weird and seems like for some reason Hasbro still puts in extra effort on The Black Series (with fun special boxes, super wide distribution, events, and unique things I.E. that Hypereal) Marvel Legends still don't get the same extra love that SW do, or maybe I'm wrong

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Seems like a really cool idea, and that Sith Trooper looks rad, but wasn't the 80th Iron Man good in the Metallic department? , I feel like they are moving down this route with ML's

but it's weird and seems like for some reason Hasbro still puts in extra effort on The Black Series (with fun special boxes, super wide distribution, events, and unique things I.E. that Hypereal) Marvel Legends still don't get the same extra love that SW do, or maybe I'm wrong

Slight speculation but do you notice how many sales and discounts are there for Star Wars black series figures compared to ML? Even on bbts full series sold for 40$. Maybes it’s far fetched  to assume but I think Star Wars black series doesn’t sells as good as Marvel Legends or at least doesn’t surpass marvels numbers, so extra effort seems indeed weird, unless there’s corporate push for it. 

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:46 PM, ADour said:

I'd love to see an Iron Man figure getting this treatment. If Hasbro can spare metallic finish for cannon fodder figures, I don't think there's any reason they couldn't implement it on an actual character.

(Cough*cough* Guardian....)

On 10/9/2019 at 11:08 PM, SpiderS said:

Slight speculation but do you notice how many sales and discounts are there for Star Wars black series figures compared to ML? Even on bbts full series sold for 40$. Maybes it’s far fetched  to assume but I think Star Wars black series doesn’t sells as good as Marvel Legends or at least doesn’t surpass marvels numbers, so extra effort seems indeed weird, unless there’s corporate push for it. 

The extra effort is likely an attempt to salvage an otherwise declining line. There's reasons to do cool things for both healthy and failing lines.