Could Hasbro Complete 2 X-Teams In One Marvel Legends Wave?

JayC

5 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Being in comics has no relevance on a character's inclusion (it helps) both characters are constant scene-fillers of their respective  teams with a lot more prominent members they could have picked. Since they turned up, being obscure is not a valid reason as to a character not having a toy, look at Citiven V's reveal reaction.

anyone who wasn't excited by that reveal just shows that they don't read comic much. 

But just thinking about it, Hasbro seems to mix the waves with Modern and classic (which I like). So they may just give us some newer versions. Maybe Uncanny X-Force Psylocke, Fantomex, Wolfsbane, Elixir etc.

6 minutes ago, tarot said:

anyone who wasn't excited by that reveal just shows that they don't read comic much. 

But just thinking about it, Hasbro seems to mix the waves with Modern and classic (which I like). So they may just give us some newer versions. Maybe Uncanny X-Force Psylocke, Fantomex, Wolfsbane, Elixir etc.

It wasn't being excited when he was revealed in the room, nearly everyone wondered who he was. It was at London MCM last year, which you would think there would have been some TB fans

There is no doubt in my mind that both X-Factor Wolfsbane and X-Force Feral will be done by Hasbro. Probably not both in the same wave and probably not even in this wave, but in the next year or so I do think Hasbro will allow folks to finish out both teams.

That being said, FYI looks like both the X-Factor 2-pack and X-Men 3-pack with Jean Grey are starting to hit Gamestop stores now.

10 minutes ago, JayC said:

There is no doubt in my mind that both X-Factor Wolfsbane and X-Force Feral will be done by Hasbro. Probably not both in the same wave and probably not even in this wave, but in the next year or so I do think Hasbro will allow folks to finish out both teams.

That being said, FYI looks like both the X-Factor 2-pack and X-Men 3-pack with Jean Grey are starting to hit Gamestop stores now.

Wolfsbane will be held back given she's a Walgreen exclusive. Feral could be here or in another later wave. Also still waiting for XTAS morph to be done

6 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Wolfsbane will be held back given she's a Walgreen exclusive. Feral could be here or in another later wave. Also still waiting for XTAS morph to be done

I dont think the Walgreens figure will have much baring. Technically the Walgreens figure is Diana Moonstar and they threw in some extra pieces to make a New Mutants version which really isn't to accurate.  Essentially a gimmick to get you to buy the same figure three times. I could maybe even see them reussing some of those parts for an actual Wolfsbane figure though I hope it is all new when they do it. Hasbro obviously is releasing 90's X-Factor figures on a regular basis so they aren't going to stop short with one member. Same with X-Force.

2 minutes ago, JayC said:

I dont think the Walgreens figure will have much baring. Technically the Walgreens figure is Diana Moonstar and they threw in some extra pieces to make a New Mutants version which really isn't to accurate.  Essentially a gimmick to get you to buy the same figure three times. I could maybe even see them reussing some of those parts for an actual Wolfsbane figure though I hope it is all new when they do it. Hasbro obviously is releasing 90's X-Factor figures on a regular basis so they aren't going to stop short with one member. Same with X-Force.

Maybe/Maybe not but still Hasbro will probably hold off on Wolfsbane until the New Mutants figure is unavailable, just in case

17 hours ago, leokearon said:

Being in comics has no relevance on a character's inclusion (it helps) both characters are constant scene-fillers of their respective  teams with a lot more prominent members they could have picked. Since they turned up, being obscure is not a valid reason as to a character not having a toy, look at Citiven V's reveal reaction.

What was Citizen V's reveal reaction?

I agree that I may be wrong. I want them to make as many characters as possible, but I know they want to make as much money as possible. I hope that you are correct, and that obscure characters can still make them some money.

1 hour ago, Chunkylover said:

I agree that I may be wrong. I want them to make as many characters as possible, but I know they want to make as much money as possible. I hope that you are correct, and that obscure characters can still make them some money.

The reaction was "Who?" A room full of Marvel fans and no-one knew who he was. 

Obscure characters will always sell. Fans of the character will buy them and of course people who want to complete the BAF.  Also you never know when a character could become a big name

19 hours ago, tarot said:

Yes, I am quite surprised on occasion, when Hasbro does one of those deep digs and gives us one of those characters that only true fans will recognize and appreciate. Truth be told, Citizen V probably made the cut more because he was a very easy repaint and not many people woulda complained about the reuse of the Bucky Cap mold yet again, but in the end he and Nighthawk were cool looking enough that neither peg warmed as hard as Living Laser or Prison Buff Herc. At least in my area.

I also have an appreciation for the mixed media waves. I know they're doing a big push to finish the 90's era X-Men characters and it looks to happen really soon (which makes me very happy), but they know they still have a ton of source material to pull from like 70 & 80's eras, first appearances, AOA, HOM, DOFP, Exiles, Mauraders, Reavers, eventually the MCU proper, the list goes on. The X-Men universe is every bit as vast as the Avengers and Spider-Man universes. It's easy to see why Fox was so intent on keeping it. Whatever direction they're taking this boat, I'm on board.

15 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Yes, I am quite surprised on occasion, when Hasbro does one of those deep digs and gives us one of those characters that only true fans will recognize and appreciate. Truth be told, Citizen V probably made the cut more because he was a very easy repaint and not many people woulda complained about the reuse of the Bucky Cap mold yet again, but in the end he and Nighthawk were cool looking enough that neither peg warmed as hard as Living Laser or Prison Buff Herc. At least in my area.

I also have an appreciation for the mixed media waves. I know they're doing a big push to finish the 90's era X-Men characters and it looks to happen really soon (which makes me very happy), but they know they still have a ton of source material to pull from like 70 & 80's eras, first appearances, AOA, HOM, DOFP, Exiles, Mauraders, Reavers, eventually the MCU proper, the list goes on. The X-Men universe is every bit as vast as the Avengers and Spider-Man universes. It's easy to see why Fox was so intent on keeping it. Whatever direction they're taking this boat, I'm on board.

The obscure ones help keep the brand fresh. A line isn't going to live on Spidey's Wolverines, Caps and Iron Men alone. Also as you said, Hasbro are just barely getting started with the X-Men, just look at all the figures that Toy Biz did with their 90's toy line and see how many Hasbro haven't even touched yet.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

In the last 4/5 years Hasbro has shown they are on track to give the fans what they want and complete teams. I'm sure by New York Toy Fair, we will have reveals of everything we could ever want.  Excited for all and we need a 90's Domino. 

9 minutes ago, leokearon said:

The reaction was "Who?" A room full of Marvel fans and no-one knew who he was. 

Obscure characters will always sell. Fans of the character will buy them and of course people who want to complete the BAF.  Also you never know when a character could become a big name

I agree with the last point. That was the basis of my asking if they were prominent in the comics. I know X-Men is trying to make a comeback of sorts. 

Completing the BAF might be a motivator, unless the BAF is uninteresting. 

Re: @leokearon

You would think, huh? Eleven years of MCU and about a half dozen each MCU IM, MCU Caps (I really don't know the actual numbers) and a ridiculous amount of MCU Star Lords later, it looks like they gave it a helluva shot, though. Even with the obligatory Wolvies and DP's and even though they got a later start we've seen a lot more X-Men overall representation than Avengers in the same length of time. We don't even have comic versions of Falcon, Winter Soldier, Tigra (not a good one anyway) or Mar-Vell yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than thankful for this period we've had with the X-Men comic figures before the inevitable movie figures dominate the lines (and even worse, the BAF's). There will be a time when we will long for the days when our merry band of mutants had no movie to tie in any figures to, though I do predict the movies will be head and shoulders above Fox's version. Overall though, this looks to be any amazing year for comic figures and maybe Hasbro will take this small respite from movie figure obligations to fill in some of those holes. Maybe they'll even give us a few unexpected gems like Quake or a Maria Hill/Sharon Carter swap figure. Ya never know.

53 minutes ago, monron999 said:

You would think, huh? Eleven years of MCU and about a half dozen each MCU IM, MCU Caps (I really don't know the actual numbers) and a ridiculous amount of MCU Star Lords later, it looks like they gave it a helluva shot, though. Even with the obligatory Wolvies and DP's and even though they got a later start we've seen a lot more X-Men overall representation than Avengers in the same length of time. We don't even have comic versions of Falcon, Winter Soldier, Tigra (not a good one anyway) or Mar-Vell yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than thankful for this period we've had with the X-Men comic figures before the inevitable movie figures dominate the lines (and even worse, the BAF's). There will be a time when we will long for the days when our merry band of mutants had no movie to tie in any figures to, though I do predict the movies will be head and shoulders above Fox's version. Overall though, this looks to be any amazing year for comic figures and maybe Hasbro will take this small respite from movie figure obligations to fill in some of those holes. Maybe they'll even give us a few unexpected gems like Quake or a Maria Hill/Sharon Carter swap figure. Ya never know.

Oh those will always sell because of their big names and kids will want them, same with TFs being lined with Optimus's, Megatrons, BB and Staracreams. But it is the guys who haven't gotten a toy yet or many years that keeps the fans interested.

55 minutes ago, monron999 said:

unfortunately we have 2 movies next year, Black Widow being confirmed for a wave, not to mention the Falcon + Winter solider if they decided to release a small wave for it. So yeah the MCU wave will still come.

2 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

I agree with the last point. That was the basis of my asking if they were prominent in the comics. I know X-Men is trying to make a comeback of sorts. 

Completing the BAF might be a motivator, unless the BAF is uninteresting. 

The X-Men figures are playing to nostalgia, rather than wants going on with the comics

12 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

I think its already been pretty established, most of the fans here that collect Marvel Legends prefer comic figures over MCU ones. Having said that, it means there's more chance for "obscure" characters to appear than the others. But obscure helps fill up the line, and also appeals to the big nostalgic craving so many of us have. I cant tell you how much I spazzed when they made Sunfire. Mostly because I never thought he'd ever get made. It gives me hope that we may still see El Aguila, Red Wolf, the rest of the original Guardians of the Galaxy, and who knows, maybe even Mantis and Equinox.

Can characters like that make Hasbro enough money to justify producing them? I sure hope so. They did do Rock Python, after all.

(I mean, dang, think of a translucent ice AND fire figure for Equinox...how cool!!)

6 hours ago, tarot said:

unfortunately we have 2 movies next year, Black Widow being confirmed for a wave, not to mention the Falcon + Winter solider if they decided to release a small wave for it. So yeah the MCU wave will still come.

Well we knew about Black Widow. I was counting that, but as it's a fairly new franchise I figured it'd be at least half comic based. Hopefully they don't restrict the character selection as bad as they did that ridiculous Captain Marvel wave. Seriously, there are at least 4 full sets clogging the clearance shelves at my Target. I guess the second movie you're counting is Eternals? Assuming it doesn't get delayed, that won't be out till the 4th quarter of the year, which will be past the "busy" part of the ML year, though it should make it out by Christmas I suppose. As far as Falcon + Winter Soldier, well we still don't have any real indication how they plan to handle the TV properties. The Netfix figs were okay, good actually, but we all know how that SDCC exclusive worked out. I just hope we get a comic Falcon and WS outta the damn thing. We already have good MCU versions of both. I don't hate movie figs, I just hate the constant repetition. Yes, I know they're dressed differently, but...ehhh. For every repeat of a figure we already have goes a comic figure from Marvel's massive roster that never gets done. As @leokearon pointed out earlier, just reference the amount of product put out in Toybiz's 5" line back in the day in a far shorter time frame than ML has been around.

12 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I think its already been pretty established, most of the fans here that collect Marvel Legends prefer comic figures over MCU ones. Having said that, it means there's more chance for "obscure" characters to appear than the others. But obscure helps fill up the line, and also appeals to the big nostalgic craving so many of us have. I cant tell you how much I spazzed when they made Sunfire. Mostly because I never thought he'd ever get made. It gives me hope that we may still see El Aguila, Red Wolf, the rest of the original Guardians of the Galaxy, and who knows, maybe even Mantis and Equinox.

Can characters like that make Hasbro enough money to justify producing them? I sure hope so. They did do Rock Python, after all.

(I mean, dang, think of a translucent ice AND fire figure for Equinox...how cool!!)

This is the second time he's been mentioned. I'm not asking this question to be argumentative, because I want all the figures, but how did he actually sell? Does Hasbro publish the number of units sold? I know this gets tricky because they aren't selling directly to the end customer, but can we see how many they produced and how many they sold?

For example, how do the number of units produced versus how many are sold compare to each other, and then by figure? If they produce a ton of Tom Jones Deadpool and we see shelf-warmers, but only a few of Rock Pythons and they are never seen in the wild, which one produced a better return for Hasbro?

2 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

This is the second time he's been mentioned. I'm not asking this question to be argumentative, because I want all the figures, but how did he actually sell? Does Hasbro publish the number of units sold? I know this gets tricky because they aren't selling directly to the end customer, but can we see how many they produced and how many they sold?

For example, how do the number of units produced versus how many are sold compare to each other, and then by figure? If they produce a ton of Tom Jones Deadpool and we see shelf-warmers, but only a few of Rock Pythons and they are never seen in the wild, which one produced a better return for Hasbro?

Hasbro will never reveal how individual products sold 

23 hours ago, monron999 said:

Overall though, this looks to be any amazing year for comic figures and maybe Hasbro will take this small respite from movie figure obligations to fill in some of those holes.

Man, I'd even say this year was a breather for me, with all the comic based figures coming out... and I still spent ridiculous amounts of money on MCU figures.