Marvel Television And Hulu Announce Cast For Live-Action Series 'Marvel's Helstrom'

Outsiders

Marvel Television and HULU have announced casting for MARVEL'S HELSTROM - the live-action series based on the popular Marvel comic book. The series will mark Marvel's first foray into terror and is slated for debut in 2020.

In MARVEL'S HELSTROM, Daimon and Ana Helstrom are the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer. The siblings have a complicated dynamic as they track down the terrorizing worst of humanity - each with their attitude and skills.

Tom Austen ("Grantchester," "The Borgias") as Daimon Helstrom - A professor of ethics who moonlights as an exorcist, Daimon has no illusions about saving a world he has no patience for; he just hopes he can help a few of the people closest to him. In his battle against a hidden world, Daimon is determined to root out demons as they arise, and will not stop until they're vanquished.

Sydney Lemmon ("Succession" "Fear of The Walking Dead") as Ana Helstrom - By day, Ana runs a successful auction house and suffers no fools, but her true interest lies in hunting down those who hurt others. Traumatized by her father as a child, Ana is driven to rid the world of those like him, even as she secretly worries her father will return.

Elizabeth Marvel ("Homeland," "The Meyerowitz Stories") as Victoria Helstrom - Plagued by demons both real and imagined, Victoria has been institutionalized for twenty years. While she struggles to be herself, she hopes to repair her relationship with her children.

Robert Wisdom ("Ballers," "Watchmen") as Caretaker - Caretaker is a guardian of knowledge of the occult. He uses his knowledge and his relationship with Ana to help keep demonic forces at bay.

June Carryl ("Mindhunter," "Dead Women Walking") as Dr. Louise Hastings - A psychologist with a strong faith but an open mind, Hastings is head of the psychiatric hospital where Victoria is being monitored. She has watched over the Helstrom family for years, caring for them as best she can.

Ariana Guerra ("Raising Dion," "Insatiable") as Gabriella Rosetti - A woman balancing logic and faith, Gabriella arrives from the Vatican to help Daimon and Hastings uncover cases of demonic possession. She wants to save everyone she can, including Daimon.

Alain Uy ("The Passage," "Paper Tigers") as Chris Yen - Yen is Ana's business partner and her closest friend -- some would say surrogate brother. He carries out the bulk of the auction house's responsibilities and assists Ana with whatever she needs.

"We feel incredibly fortunate to have landed a cast loaded with this much talent," said series Executive Producer and Showrunner Paul Zbyszewski. "From the beginning, we knew we'd need a group of actors who were multifaceted, who could play all the chords any great Marvel show promises to play, from dramatic thriller to comedy to action. It's going to be really fun to watch them work."

"Marvel Television is thrilled to have such an amazing cast that enriches Paul's fantastic writing," said Executive Producer and Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. "The ensemble is the perfect way to bring our audience into our Adventure into Fear franchise causing delicious nightmares of what's to come!"

Marvel's Helstrom is co-produced by Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios, part of Disney Television Studios.

Helstrom_Cast.jpg

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
9 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I've always been a Hellstorm fan and would love it if this leads to a Marvel Legends figure! Maybe even a rerelease of SATANNA. I'm glad this character is getting his own show and I hope it stays true or at least very very close to the source material.

"Satana". I would also love a figure. TV show will probably be white noise. Specially considering Disney+ is coming. Disney will be keeping its best cards in their own hand. 

19 hours ago, mako said:

I actually saw Inhumans, it wasn't that bad. Just one of those shows people get off on putting down just because.

What I'd be more worried about is this turning out to be yet another case of using a comic book property's name, as a marketing tool to push some low-rent, totally unrelated concept that would never fly on its own. Sort of like what they tried to do with that New Mutants movie.

I really don’t get your taste. You hate on the MCU but say Inhumans wasn’t that bad. I didn’t hate Inhumans, I watched all of it and it seemed like it could’ve eventually get somewhere, but most episodes were just everyone figuring out what they were supposed to be. I do mean everyone, cast, directors, show runner, writers. It feels all over the place. 

I understand your concern about using Helstrom’s name to do something not comic related, but I doubt it’d be the case since, well who knows about them? And you mean like that New Mutants movie no one has ever watched, right? The one that had more people excited to watch than Dark Phoenix, that one?

Seems cool always was a fan of Hellstorm, seems like I get a vibe this show may feel like Marvel's Answer to the Hellblazer Constatine show, which isn't a bad thing since that show was good, only problem is it's on Hulu which I don't have (not that it ever stopped me from watching these shows, I just do it elsewhere)

22 hours ago, mako said:

I actually saw Inhumans, it wasn't that bad. Just one of those shows people get off on putting down just because.

What I'd be more worried about is this turning out to be yet another case of using a comic book property's name, as a marketing tool to push some low-rent, totally unrelated concept that would never fly on its own. Sort of like what they tried to do with that New Mutants movie.

I'm sorry whaaa, I know everyone gets the right to have an opinion but you seem to always hate on the MCU, yet Inhumans you liked? I don't understand I don't know anyone including myself that liked Inhuman's it was cringy, Also New Mutants? nobody saw that movie how do you even know what it's like, it could be the greatest thing ever , I was actually excited about it and still am, It interested me far more then Dark Phoenix

Just now, mako said:

Well, for all it's problems. Inhumans played itself straight, not as an endless series of frat-house comedies, each worse than the last. As for New Mutants? When the producers themselves come out and say they're doing it as a teen horror movie, that should tell you something.

But by all means, prove me wrong. Give me an honest reason Inhumans was bad. Something besides "cringy." 

Fair enough, I'm not trying to say you are not right in having your personal opinions, Inhuman's seemed to suffer from less then stellar acting, writing, plot progression, character development and set design, it felt phoned in and rushed, it felt low grade, and believe me I am a huge Inhuman fan, I went to the premier in IMAX to watch the first episodes and I left feeling like i was ripped off (that's me), now fine, maybe the show got better I only watched in total 5 episodes (I just could not continue and didn't feel compelled), maybe I have to revisit it, and had to harsh of an early judgement (maybe based on my high hopes and excitement), but it certainly doesn't compare in value to anything MCU (it's fine the way you feel about MCU) , as for New Mutants , just because it's labeled "teen horror" means nothing really until you've seen it, did you really think the trailer's were that awful?

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:37 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

"Satana". I would also love a figure. TV show will probably be white noise. Specially considering Disney+ is coming. Disney will be keeping its best cards in their own hand. 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:09 PM, leokearon said:

Never been a massive Helstrom fan but hopefully it will do well

I remember back in the day when he was Son of Satan...my, how people have wussed out  lol. But wouldn't it be cool if they had a 6 pack featuring Dracula, Werewolf by Night, Frankenstein's monster, The Living Mummy, Satana and Helstrom??

mons.jpg