Mephisto

Engine33

I'd say we have a better chance of the Select being reissued than a Legends version.  Would really like to see one happen, but I'm pretty sure Hasbro wouldn't even release this as an exclusive.

Agreed. Hasbro has a no devil rule. Despite what people and Marvel says, Mephisto is the Marvel's devil. 

And before anyone says, I said no Devil. Not "no Demon". Ghost Rider(s), Dormammu (just a guy with a Flame head), Blackheart, Satana (saved by calling her by her real named) etc, they don't a general depiction of what the Devil looks like. That's why Hasbro is able to sneak these into waves and stuff. 

Using Hellstrom as a example, if Hasbro ever does a "classic" version, Then the Pentagram will be gone and the trident will not be packed in.

8 hours ago, tarot said:

Agreed. Hasbro has a no devil rule. Despite what people and Marvel says, Mephisto is the Marvel's devil. 

And before anyone says, I said no Devil. Not "no Demon". Ghost Rider(s), Dormammu (just a guy with a Flame head), Blackheart, Satana (saved by calling her by her real named) etc, they don't a general depiction of what the Devil looks like. That's why Hasbro is able to sneak these into waves and stuff. 

Using Hellstrom as a example, if Hasbro ever does a "classic" version, Then the Pentagram will be gone and the trident will not be packed in.

Mephisto is not Marvel's Devil, he is another Demon who looks like him and he even stated he has never claimed to be The Devil , Marvel already have their version of The Devil. So the no Devil rule can't be used for Mephisto

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Mephisto is not Marvel's Devil, he is another Demon who looks like him and he even stated he has never claimed to be The Devil , Marvel already have their version of The Devil. So the no Devil rule can't be used for Mephisto

Yeah, we can all make that distinction, but unfortunately the general public will not. He looks like the Classic depiction of the Devil and his name is Mephisto. Parents in particular are gonna make that connection.

Also, I'm not so sure it's a Hasbro thing so much as a Disney thing. Theres gotta be a reason they're allowing all the properties involving occult and magic type characters to be done through Hulu rather than consolidating them to Disney+ like everything else. Hellstrom is coming, which I'm actually pretty excited for, but I'm starting to wonder if well ever see anything from Ghost Rider ever again. Unless they manage to turn him into some kind of alien or ancient mutant in the MCU.

Of all the properties Marvel has reacquired, this is the one they've never indicated any big future plans for, aside from the Robbie Reyes version who made it into the arguably worst season of AOS. He's a very popular character and you'd think they'd be pushing to do a better, more representative version in the MCU. He's certainly more popular than properties like Cap Marvel or the Eternals. And yes, I know the Eternals is most likely a one-off in order to explain mutants (and possibly Galactus) popping up in the MCU suddenly, but the point is still the same.