X-Men Teams

Benn

On 10/17/2019 at 11:54 PM, monron999 said:

Sounds like a perfect recipe for a Walgreens exclusive, but I think it's been reported that the Cuckoos would be the last X-Men based exclusives, and it was up in the air if they would keep doing exclusives at all as the exec that oversees the exclusives is leaving the company. Still, I can't imagine they'd opt out. Sure, there are a few flops like Black Ant and Medusa, but they've done pretty well for the most part.

Yeah, I feel like it would be weird to stop now, or even stop with X-Men, considering how insanely well Mystique, Emma, and Dani sold. I know there are seas of Magik as far as the eye can see, but surely the other three have redeemed the line. And if they haven't, Walgreens should order more of them, because it seems pretty obvious there's plennnnty of demand. It seems like Iron Doom and the F4 all sold crazy well too. Around here, I still see Namors and Medusas from time to time, but the only figure really gumming up the pegs is Magik.

18 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

imo female figures are more likely to pegwarm, although its more of a tendancy than a hard and fast rule.  Yes, plenty of male figures pegwarm too.  Appropriately, black bolt falls in the pegwarmer category too, in my estimation.

I hear this a lot, but haven't found it to be true, personally. I think ladies just tend to be more polarized than men. They seem to either warm extra hard or be super sought after. Dani, Emma, Jubilee, Mystique, Storm, who together represent a huge majority of recent X-lady figures, for instance, have all been hotly in demand. And while Magiks may be flooding Walgreens, I wouldn't say Blink, Boom Boom, or Dazzler have exactly been clogging pegs either.

10 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Thanks for your comments. It's too bad when a surefire hit is a relative dud. It makes me wonder. I'm sure the love triangle three pack will do well based on how much it would cost to acquire two-thirds of that set on the aftermarket. But I wonder how much demand there is for Havok and Polaris outside of the hardcore community.

That Havok and Polaris set is gonna sell great. That's two incredible looking figures from a much more popular team during a much more popular era than the Dani Moonstar figure that's been flying off shelves and impossible for many people to find. X-collectors are a rabid bunch.

10 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Were you into X-Men in the late nineties? I don't see any of the figures from that era in your list, excepting maybe Generation X. I only vaguely remember those years, but we had Joseph, Marrow, Cecilia Reyes, Maggot, Cannonball. I liked his X-Men look. I think we saw Angel get his feathers back, but retained his blue skin. Spiky Iceman. Nightcrawler had an interesting look in Excalibur after the end of AoA.

What about Claremont's return. Cable had an interesting look, Phoenix?

I like all those eras fine! I just didn't think they were as iconic or popular, and they hadn't really received any support from Hasbro yet. I'm happy to add them, and can work on that tomorrow!

9 hours ago, Benn said:

I like all those eras fine! I just didn't think they were as iconic or popular, and they hadn't really received any support from Hasbro yet. I'm happy to add them, and can work on that tomorrow!

You are probably right. If you do make a list, it will be fun to look at. It’s sad that they couldn’t successfully follow up on AoA. Onslaught and Operation Zero Tolerance just didn’t do it for me. Having such instability with the creative teams hurt them too, I think.

5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'm positive Emma Frost (White Queen) is on the way, since that farce over at Walgreens fell through.

What does this mean exactly? The Walgreens Emma did release, and it's a fantastic looking figure, despite being damn near impossible to stand up. I realize it's not a fan-favourite costume, but it was actually an incredibly strong seller as a figure, so I'm struggling to understand what you mean exactly by "fell through".

20 hours ago, leokearon said:

To be honest, I would prefer Hasbro to focus on characters than teams once they complete the 90's X-men, X-Force and X-Factor. I don't want to see the same characters over and over again

I 100% want to see new characters too, especially in the villains department, but they're gonna have to also put out new versions of characters they've already done, since the core, iconic X-Men have basically all already received at least one figure (even if it wasn't their most iconic look) and X-Men waves without any major X-Men would likely feel too risky to Hasbro. I don't subscribe to the "always include a Wolverine" school of thought, but I feel like Hasbro wanting to always include at least one character who appeared on the team during Claremont's original run (at some point or another) is totally reasonable.

2 hours ago, Benn said:

What does this mean exactly? The Walgreens Emma did release, and it's a fantastic looking figure, despite being damn near impossible to stand up. I realize it's not a fan-favourite costume, but it was actually an incredibly strong seller as a figure, so I'm struggling to understand what you mean exactly by "fell through".

By fell through I was referring to the online ordering. I myself got a confirmation, then nobody else was able to order online, and then almost 2 weeks later I was notified it was cancelled, and the figure's never been seen (out here) since. So yeah, for me, the whole thing was a farce. I certainly never said it wasn't a good figure- if I thought that, I'd never bothered ordering it. For those of you who were successful, mazels. Hopefully when they release her White Queen form things will go better.

3 hours ago, Benn said:

I 100% want to see new characters too, especially in the villains department, but they're gonna have to also put out new versions of characters they've already done, since the core, iconic X-Men have basically all already received at least one figure (even if it wasn't their most iconic look) and X-Men waves without any major X-Men would likely feel too risky to Hasbro. I don't subscribe to the "always include a Wolverine" school of thought, but I feel like Hasbro wanting to always include at least one character who appeared on the team during Claremont's original run (at some point or another) is totally reasonable.

yeah we need more bad guys, not just in the X-men waves but in general. it'#s really bad with Transformers where War For Cybertron is looking more like an Autobot Civil War

On 10/20/2019 at 2:34 AM, Atlantis said:

By fell through I was referring to the online ordering. I myself got a confirmation, then nobody else was able to order online, and then almost 2 weeks later I was notified it was cancelled, and the figure's never been seen (out here) since. So yeah, for me, the whole thing was a farce. I certainly never said it wasn't a good figure- if I thought that, I'd never bothered ordering it. For those of you who were successful, mazels. Hopefully when they release her White Queen form things will go better.

Gotcha. That makes sense! I just couldn't figure out what you meant exactly. It was definitely the hardest figure for me to acquire for a decent price so far. I think Walgreens just severely underestimated demand. It seems very likely it'll show up again online, though who knows for how long?

14 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Speaking of "teams" I'm wondering if they'll ever release the Hellfire club members as a team in a box set, or just have them come out as singletons. Very surprised we haven't at least seen Sebastian Shaw yet. I'm positive Emma Frost (White Queen) is on the way, since that farce over at Walgreens fell through. Imagine Black Queen will show too, probably with alternate Jean head.

tumblr_mrykk7dKUc1r7rkuio1_1280.jpg

Harry Leland: now there's a good use for some of those Doctor Octopus parts!  (Just please don't try to make a Toad out of them!)  Seriously, that whole group is re-use parts aplenty.

I had the exact same experience with Emma and Walgreens' website, and I'm still salty about it.

17 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Speaking of "teams" I'm wondering if they'll ever release the Hellfire club members as a team in a box set, or just have them come out as singletons. Very surprised we haven't at least seen Sebastian Shaw yet. I'm positive Emma Frost (White Queen) is on the way, since that farce over at Walgreens fell through. Imagine Black Queen will show too, probably with alternate Jean head.

tumblr_mrykk7dKUc1r7rkuio1_1280.jpg

It is surprising that Shaw hasn't been done. Also with Skullbuster done, maybe they will release Pierce soon

8 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I would LOVE to see the Hellfire club done!! I'm partial to the original line up with Wyndgarde and Frost with all being in their Victorian garb. I think Selene should get a single card release as should a Hellfire goon army builder.

Well need a Male and Female Hellfire Goon Army Builder two pack

18 hours ago, Benn said:

Gotcha. That makes sense! I just couldn't figure you out what you meant exactly. It was definitely the hardest figure for me to acquire for a decent price so far. I think Walgreens just severely underestimated demand. It seems very likely it'll show up again online, though who knows for how long?

Who knows indeed. I certainly refuse to pay any scalpers' prices though. I'm willing to walk away from some figures; if Hasbro wants me to jump thru hoops, that zit aint happenin'.

20 hours ago, leokearon said:

It is surprising that Shaw hasn't been done. Also with Skullbuster done, maybe they will release Pierce soon

14 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

I would LOVE to see the Hellfire club done!! I'm partial to the original line up with Wyndgarde and Frost with all being in their Victorian garb. I think Selene should get a single card release as should a Hellfire goon army builder.

5 hours ago, leokearon said:

Well need a Male and Female Hellfire Goon Army Builder two pack

Pierce would be cool for the Reavers. I wonder if they could pack in his big cape from the Outback era. I wonder how different his appearance was between the Phoenix and Outback periods.

A goon would be cool. I didn't realize they had female goons.

Shaw, White Queen, and Wyngarde seem important enough to the lore, but the Hellfire Club are kind of boring characters to me, maybe because of their goofy garb. I prefer the more... professional... appearance of Emma Frost in the Generation X years. I understand why the lingerie look would be important to others, though.

3 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Pierce would be cool for the Reavers. I wonder if they could pack in his big cape from the Outback era. I wonder how different his appearance was between the Phoenix and Outback periods.

A goon would be cool. I didn't realize they had female goons.

Shaw, White Queen, and Wyngarde seem important enough to the lore, but the Hellfire Club are kind of boring characters to me, maybe because of their goofy garb. I prefer the more... professional... appearance of Emma Frost in the Generation X years. I understand why the lingerie look would be important to others, though.

They had female guards in their second major appearance, when Emma took over Storm's body

spacer.png

As for Pierce is outback look is quite different from his Hellfire outfit

spacer.png

48 minutes ago, leokearon said:

They had female guards in their second major appearance, when Emma took over Storm's body

spacer.png

As for Pierce is outback look is quite different from his Hellfire outfit

spacer.png

Thanks. I didn't remember that about the HC goons.

Thanks to the Incredibles, I can’t see a character with a cape and not imagine it being a major obstacle or hindrance in a fight. 

14 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

Thanks. I didn't remember that about the HC goons.

Thanks to the Incredibles, I can’t see a character with a cape and not imagine it being a major obstacle or hindrance in a fight. 

No problem, Watchmen did the danger with capes well before the Incredibles

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

No problem, Watchmen did the danger with capes well before the Incredibles

Hm. I did not know that.

17 minutes ago, Benn said:

The secret is just to be untouchable. 🙂 Magneto pulls off having a cape, because he stays airborne and uses his powers to make it pretty hard to close the distance.

Yeah. I just read through the Outback issues. Pierce looks so weird and out of place with the giant cape surrounded by cyborgs and Lady Deathstrike's sleek appearance.

The amazing thing about Magneto is that he looks so good with all that purple. It's funny how some looks can endure. What about adding him to your New Mutants team? Did he wear that purple outfit with them?

2 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

The amazing thing about Magneto is that he looks so good with all that purple. It's funny how some looks can endure. What about adding him to your New Mutants team? Did he wear that purple outfit with them?

That's a good call. He didn't wear the classic red and purple, but he wore a purple outfit; all purple with a big white 'M' on his chest, and no helmet. Not one of my favourite looks, but certainly a part of New Mutants history!

3 hours ago, Benn said:

That's a good call. He didn't wear the classic red and purple, but he wore a purple outfit; all purple with a big white 'M' on his chest, and no helmet. Not one of my favourite looks, but certainly a part of New Mutants history!

I mostly remember it from X-Men #1. I think it would be cool just because it’s different. It very simple, though the big “M” is a little funny I suppose.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:40 PM, Benn said:

I tolerate a lot of improbable, frankly impossible things from the comic book world. But I gotta draw the line somewhere.

I mean, seriously....what were they thinking....