X-Men Teams

Benn

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I tolerate a lot of improbable, frankly impossible things from the comic book world. But I gotta draw the line somewhere.

I mean, seriously....what were they thinking....

magneto-bigcostume5.jpg

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

Especially with that Big M

Really? The Hellfire Club is cool, but the big M is not?

I get it. But I think it looks kind of cool anyway....

• 3 weeks later...

Came back to this thread because I got to thinking about the Morlocks. I've always had a fondness for this undervalued group of social outcasts. I'm sure the fact that they purposefully look ugly and shabby and not-at-all toy-etic hurts their odds of find representation in the Marvel Legends line, but there are definitely a few I would like to see.

• Callisto - someone earlier in the thread mentioned she could recycle parts of the mohawk Storm body but with interchangeable heads (and maybe those weird tentacle arms)
  • Sunder - could be a BAF, but wouldn't have to be if he was roughly the size of Colossus or Thing
  • Caliban - call me old fashioned but I prefer the original skinny-ass Caliban to the Fourth Horseman version
  • Masque
  • Leach - might not work as a solo figure given his size, so he could be packaged with another figure in place of a BAF part; on the other hand, they packaged Spider-Ham by himself with a big Venom torso, so... 

morlocks1.jpg

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

Came back to this thread because I got to thinking about the Morlocks. I've always had a fondness for this undervalued group of social outcasts. I'm sure the fact that they purposefully look ugly and shabby and not-at-all toy-etic hurts their odds of find representation in the Marvel Legends line, but there are definitely a few I would like to see.

• Callisto - someone earlier in the thread mentioned she could recycle parts of the mohawk Storm body but with interchangeable heads (and maybe those weird tentacle arms)
  • Sunder - could be a BAF, but wouldn't have to be if he was roughly the size of Colossus or Thing
  • Caliban - call me old fashioned but I prefer the original skinny-ass Caliban to the Fourth Horseman version
  • Masque
  • Leach - might not work as a solo figure given his size, so he could be packaged with another figure in place of a BAF part; on the other hand, they packaged Spider-Ham by himself with a big Venom torso, so... 

morlocks1.jpg

Yeah, I feel like Artie and Leech would make perfect sense to package together single-carded in a wave.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:28 AM, Benn said:

I hope they shift gears toward the outback team after the 90s. It's a team that's gotten relatively little attention, and Dwight Stall has said in the past that the Reavers are a pet project of his, so those Reavers are gonna need someone to fight! To be fair, they've given a little more attention to pre-outback 80s X-Men (two-pack Cyclops, Nightcrawler, mohawk Storm), but I'd love to see Havok, Longshot, Psylocke, etc.

I agree. The Outback days are some of my favorites from the comics. It’ll be interesting  to see how they would do that Psylocke and Rogue.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:57 PM, Atlantis said:

Speaking of "teams" I'm wondering if they'll ever release the Hellfire club members as a team in a box set, or just have them come out as singletons. Very surprised we haven't at least seen Sebastian Shaw yet. I'm positive Emma Frost (White Queen) is on the way, since that farce over at Walgreens fell through. Imagine Black Queen will show too, probably with alternate Jean head.

tumblr_mrykk7dKUc1r7rkuio1_1280.jpg

We definitely need the Hellfire Club. Maybe at some point they can do more figures from the Dave Cockrum/ John Byrne days of X-men along with the Hellfire Club. For now I think Shinobi Shaw would be a great figure to go with the rest of the 90s figures.

On 10/22/2019 at 12:54 AM, Atlantis said:

I tolerate a lot of improbable, frankly impossible things from the comic book world. But I gotta draw the line somewhere.

magneto-bigcostume5.jpg

I liked this look. Not really the one with the big M, but I wouldn’t mind having a Magneto figure with the costume on the left.

On 10/22/2019 at 12:54 AM, Atlantis said:

magneto-bigcostume5.jpg

The purple with pink cape and white gloves/boots/belt is... inoffensive but boldly generic. It's a costume for a second rate Count Nefaria, not someone with the majesty of Magneto.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:13 PM, IsaiahWayne said:

I liked this look. Not really the one with the big M, but I wouldn’t mind having a Magneto figure with the costume on the left.

Ah, you got me there, for a sec I thought you were being serious. Good one, mate! :D

Even though I don't have the same love for the X-Men that I did twenty-five years ago, there are still a handful of X-related characters I want to add to my collection. 

My Top 5 good guys are

1. Kitty Pryde - preferably her original New Mutants-style costume, but I'd be just as happy with the blue Excalibur version, too.
  2. Storm - first appearance
  3. Rogue - first appearance, green costume with the hooded jacket and short hair
  4. Cyclops - basically the one from the Dark Phoenix 2-pack, but with the vintage wave optic blast accessories
  5. Magik - New Mutants costume with the eldritch armor arm and sword

Top 5 bad guys

1. Toad - classic version
  2. The Blob - like the build-a-figure, but cheaper
  3. White Queen - classic Hellfire Club outfit
  4. Callisto - classic
  5. Sentinel - 12 inches at least

Since classic Banshee and Black Tom Cassidy both almost made my lists, how about a 2-pack?

• 3 months later...

They gave us a shot at original Storm!! Thankfully, THANKFULLY, it looks like her boots are NOT painted on and have those 3 oval-holes at the top. Her cape isn't soft goods though and has black cuffs instead of yellow? Still looks good. Sadly doesn't appear that she has the Ms. Marvel/Rogue/Moonstone/Black Cat (2014) body mold though.

All we need now is Thunderbird and Banshee!!

storm.jpg

26 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

They gave us a shot at original Storm!! Thankfully, THANKFULLY, it looks like her boots are NOT painted on and have those 3 oval-holes at the top. Her cape isn't soft goods though and has black cuffs instead of yellow? Still looks good. Sadly doesn't appear that she has the Ms. Marvel/Rogue/Moonstone/Black Cat (2014) body mold though.

All we need now is Thunderbird and Banshee!!

storm.jpg

After seeing this, geeking out, and having the excitement wear down, I realized she's gonna be harder to get a hold of than the vintage collection Storm was last year...

4 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Hope all goes well for you there. I got the white costume and figured to pass on the black outfit, but got that too and very glad I did. BBTS and Amazon, Megalopolis toys, Target....outlets that seem to have the most success for me.

Yeah, but what he's saying is this is a Target exclusive, so everyone will be fighting for one retailer's copies. It's supposed to be part of some sort of boxset, from what I understand, though, so maybe it won't be as sought-after.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Hope all goes well for you there. I got the white costume and figured to pass on the black outfit, but got that too and very glad I did. BBTS and Amazon, Megalopolis toys, Target....outlets that seem to have the most success for me.

Haven't seen her in the wild, I got mine from Megalopolis, BBTS and Amazon and Hasbro Pulse all presold out the day she went up

Unless I missed something that was only shared with people at NYTF, there's also been ZERO indications that Storm is "part of a set."

If anything, Ryan's presentation on stage very strongly points to her release completing a set, meaning she's the only one missing from either the GSX-men team (though we still need a Thunderbird, as he pointed out) or the Pryde of the X-men Arcade team.

4 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Unless I missed something that was only shared with people at NYTF, there's also been ZERO indications that she's "part of a set."

If anything, Ryan's presentation on stage very strongly points to her release completing a set, meaning she's the only one missing from either the GSX-men team (though we still need a Thunderbird, as he pointed out) or the Pryde of the X-men Arcade team.

they said that exact thing during the presentation. they said she was part of a set.