Vehicles, Sets & Lockjaw

Atlantis

On 10/17/2019 at 2:47 AM, leokearon said:

Never seen one got a link

1997-kenner-jp-jurassic-park-lost_1_7903a0017fe32bb67402c9f66fe699dc.thumb.jpg.dfa550cca2bd7af52da6f5e3a862a461.jpgit's this one. The cabin flipped open so you could sit 2 figures. and the second trailer flipped open (as in the image) so it was a playset. I think something like this could work for the War Van.

12 hours ago, memocromatico said:

1997-kenner-jp-jurassic-park-lost_1_7903a0017fe32bb67402c9f66fe699dc.thumb.jpg.dfa550cca2bd7af52da6f5e3a862a461.jpgit's this one. The cabin flipped open so you could sit 2 figures. and the second trailer flipped open (as in the image) so it was a playset. I think something like this could work for the War Van.

That would be cool, speaking of Mobile Command Centres. I have always imagined what it would be like to have the G.I.Joe MCC in 6 inch scale: http://www.3djoes.com/mobile-command-center.html

Always felt one of the areas Marvel fell down with the Fantastic Four was this here: action figures/ sets/ vehicles. Because of all their creations, the F4 are ready made for this kind of thing. Fantasticar, Baxter Bldg, Reed's labs, all the equipment they have, the different outfits....not like the silly, forced armor they had for the first (painful) Avengers cartoon. Something they never had in the comics!

But the F4 have the Negative Zone. Their first space rocket. Air jet cycle. Not to mention the Sub-Mariner, The Black Panther, the Inhumans, the Silver Surfer and the other heralds...so much they could've done....and COULD do...

On 10/24/2019 at 6:59 AM, Atlantis said:

Always felt one of the areas Marvel fell down with the Fantastic Four was this here: action figures/ sets/ vehicles. Because of all their creations, the F4 are ready made for this kind of thing. Fantasticar, Baxter Bldg, Reed's labs, all the equipment they have, the different outfits....not like the silly, forced armor they had for the first (painful) Avengers cartoon. Something they never had in the comics!

But the F4 have the Negative Zone. Their first space rocket. Air jet cycle. Not to mention the Sub-Mariner, The Black Panther, the Inhumans, the Silver Surfer and the other heralds...so much they could've done....and COULD do...

Saldy yhe F4 haven't been a massive seller for Marvel in ages, also the 2015 movie and the relationship with Fox probably didn't help matters hence it's only now they are getting a dedicated wave

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Saldy yhe F4 haven't been a massive seller for Marvel in ages, also the 2015 movie and the relationship with Fox probably didn't help matters hence it's only now they are getting a dedicated wave

I hear you; what I'm saying is, handled correctly, I think F4 could've been a goldmine for these guys as far as the action figure aspect goes. When toybiz first started doing Marvel figures absolutely none of them had anything to do with cinema so that would've been a non-issue in regards to a strong Fantastic Four action line up, with costume variants, vehicles and sets.

It is indeed a shame that Marvel's flagship property never got the cinema/media treatment it deserves. They just cant get it right, can they?

14 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I hear you; what I'm saying is, handled correctly, I think F4 could've been a goldmine for these guys as far as the action figure aspect goes. When toybiz first started doing Marvel figures absolutely none of them had anything to do with cinema so that would've been a non-issue in regards to a strong Fantastic Four action line up, with costume variants, vehicles and sets.

It is indeed a shame that Marvel's flagship property never got the cinema/media treatment it deserves. They just cant get it right, can they?

Sadly the  F4 isn't Marvel's Flapship anymore, that goes to Spidey, the Avengers or X-Men, hence the lack of support. Still the four do deserve better.

I've said it before, but the Punisher Battle Van is a necessity, and fairly easy to do. Hell, 5" figures of the 80's had cars and vans (TMNT, Thundercats, He-Man). A van would be fairly cheap to produce. It's a bunch of flat parts that connect. Hasbro for Marvel Select did build-a-playset for Ghostbusters, and Cringer & Panthor came in the Mattle/Super7 MotU line. These are doable. 

I'd predict  Lockjaw in the near future. They could even pair it with Crystal. As for the Fantasti-Car, essentially, it's 4 Prof X hover chairs that connect. Once again, doable. After all, they can't keep hitting us with the same 3 bikes (well 2, since they never did anything else with the Widow cycle). They're running out of characters

I really love the idea of Hasbro doing something like what Extreme Sets does. I’d most like to see a Baxter Building set and a Xavier’s mansion set. As far as vehicles go the X-men quintet would be great.  I think it would be worth it if it’s  around $60 or $70 including a figure. Maybe more depending on how big they make it. There’s a ton of possibilities. Just imagine a basketball court set that can open up for the jet. That would be awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be less in to the build-a-vehicle concept. There aren't as many fun display options with, say, a Quinjet as there would be with a Danger Room, etc.. I think durable cardstock floors, backgrounds, etc., with plastic accessory pieces (thrones, crates, etc.). Hasbro did two playsets for 3.75" Star Wars figures last year (which are still available) that, while a little less collector-targeted, were solidly well done, and the cardstock they used is very thick and durable. For $59.99, I think we could get some cool environments, each with an exclusive figure. Throne rooms for Panther and Doom, Danger Room, Sanctum Sanctorum (With maybe a first appearance Dr. Strange as a pack-in) would all be good choices. A more "deluxe" Hall of Armor would be excellent.

The two somewhat bigger vehicles that would be good choices would definitely be Punisher's van, as people have been discussing, and Ghost Rider's Charger. 

• 11 months later...

With Hasbro Pulse being successful with the Sentinel and the Hellfire Club box set, now more than ever there's nothing stopping them from doing vehicles or sets. As we've all noted before, the Punisher battle van is certainly one that can be done, and can be a great seller and also affordable.

And think what they could do with a "working" Danger Room set? Or a Dr. Strange Sanctum Sanctorum?