leokearon

With a new F4 wave being revealed, hopefully it will be the first of many. So who would you like to see in wave 2. A couple of rules though.

1. Keep it to six figures
  2. Since we don't know the BAF of the first wave, you don't need to include a BAF
  3. As well as F4 Members, Allies and Enemies, Future Foundation, Fantastic Force,  Inhumans and Black Panther characters are also allowed

So with those established get suggesting

1 hour ago, tarot said:

2 lists already and not one of them with an F4 main member. Hasbro won't be pleased

It would be beautiful to not have to have a main character, but we all know that isn't gonna happen.

1. Future Foundation Reed - simple repaint

2. Future Foundation Sue - see above

3. Crystal - I think we all agree this is a no-brainer

4. Kang the MF'n Conqueror - we need a good one, already

5. Doombot - for obvious reasons

6. Wizard - as many have stated, we need more villains

BAF (though the rules forbade it) Lockjaw

PS. - I know not many people are all that thrilled about Future Foundation versions, but it does make sense in that it opens up the avenues to do cheap easy repaints of figures like Spider-Man, She-Hulk and Doom.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

2 lists already and not one of them with an F4 main member. Hasbro won't be pleased.

Anyhow:

1. Human Torch (classic kirby design with Jim Hammond Head)
  2. Mr. Fantastic (Ultimate version with Maker head on teenage body)
  3. Crystal
  4. Wizard
  5. Doombot (Army Builder)
  6. Firelord
  7. BAF: Lockjaw

I would prefer seeing some new figures than the same members over and over again.  Alos they don't need to have the main members in each wave, Transformers doesn't put Optimus and Megatron in each wave

10 minutes ago, mako said:

True, but I could argue that Transformers is ONE franchise, and you may get 4 or 5 more waves throughout a given year. FF is only one of MANY franchises under the Marvel banner, every one of which must be serviced. There's no guarantee there will be another FF wave anytime soon, so you have to get your big guns up there right off.

That's probably why, after waiting so long, Hasbro is suddenly hitting us with 90s X-Men left and right. Lord knows when we'll get another X-Wave.

TF is not one franchise it is at least four franchises at the moment.  Also no that they are doing the main members there is no need to release them again in the next wave. They should go back to the old He-Man idea and release main characters once a year, not every wave or in some cases two in every wave

I love that the Fantastic Four are getting their own wave(s), but I prefer classic looks to modern. Since the Walgreen's exclusive gave us the retro/classic look for Reed and Sue, I'd like to see the other iconic design, the blue and white costumes designed by John Byrne, made famous in the '80s and '90s and in the unreleased Roger Corman movie.

Wave 2

1. Mister Fantastic - with bendy wire stretchable torso; arms and legs would be good, too, but torso is a must
  2. She-Hulk - Fantastic Four costume
  3. Mole Man - 3 1/2 inches tall, comes with 2 moloid creatures the size of a Marvel Universe figure
  4. Super-Skrull
  5. The Wizard
  6. Paste-Pot Pete
  7. BAF - Annihilus

Wave 3

1. Invisible Woman - in costume, translucent shield effect like the new toy has
  2. Human Torch - Johnny Storm in costume, attachable flame effects
  3. Namor - reissue with cape and crown, alternate head with more comic-accurate hair and eyebrows
  4. Skrull Scientist
  5. Mad Thinker
  6. Invisible Woman - translucent
  7. BAF - Awesome Android

Wave 4

1. Human Torch - flamed on, red body, black lines, yellowish flame effects
  2. Crystal - classic yellow Inhumans look
  3. Triton - 
  4. Diablo
  5. Puppet Master
  6. Blastaar
  7. BAF - Dragon Man

Wave 5

1. Thing - with blue pants
  2. Gorgon
  3. Triton
  4. Titania
  5. Firelord
  6. Impossible Man
  7. BAF - Ronan the Accuser

F4.jpg

F42.jpg

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

TF is not one franchise it is at least four franchises at the moment.  Also no that they are doing the main members there is no need to release them again in the next wave. They should go back to the old He-Man idea and release main characters once a year, not every wave or in some cases two in every wave

Of course you mean the original He-Man line, right? Every series had all new characters and maybe every now and then they'd have something like Battle Damage He-Man & Skeletor, but they were short packed rather than double packed. Then if the demand was there they would re-release the original He-Man and Skeletor on their own, not with a series. If they didn't sell, the input was given by the vendor and no more were shipped. On the flip side the 200X line was totally destroyed by the over saturation of at least one He-Man and Skeletor per wave and then double and triple packaging them until nothing populated shelves but He-Man and Skeletor of varying varieties.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Of course you mean the original He-Man line, right? Every series had all new characters and maybe every now and then they'd have something like Battle Damage He-Man & Skeletor, but they were short packed rather than double packed. Then if the demand was there they would re-release the original He-Man and Skeletor on their own, not with a series. If they didn't sell, the input was given by the vendor and no more were shipped. On the flip side the 200X line was totally destroyed by the over saturation of at least one He-Man and Skeletor per wave and then double and triple packaging them until nothing populated shelves but He-Man and Skeletor of varying varieties.

I do mean the original line. Mattel released 1 new He-Man,  1 new Skeletor and later a new Hordak a year.  They did the same with She-Ra and Catra.  They never re-released figures they were only interested in new toys,  shops were smart to have ample stock of popular characters.  Shops did the same with Transformers. 

My ideal wave, which would never happen (any one of the top 4 could be the wave BAF, but preferably Super-Skrull)  in order or priority

1. Super-Skrull
  2. Uatu
  3. Annihilus
  4. Firelord
  5. Blastaar
  6. Molecule Man
  7. Mole Man

More realistically i think here would be a decent setup  with the goal of spreading negative zone outfits over 2 waves

Wave 1

1.   Thing neg zone outfit (comes with grabbing hands instead of fists, has at least one new head sculpt)
  2.   She-Hulk (classic in neg zone outfit)
  3.   Sue figure (this time translucent to emulate her being invisible) with some effect pieces
  4.   Mole Man  (a much needed villain)
  5.   Firelord  (cool looking & much needed character, plus replaces Torch as "fiery figure" of the wave)
  6.  Triton 

BAF: Super-Skrull

Wave 2

1. Reed in neg zone outfit (repaint of WG version, with a new head sculpt)
  2. Crystal
  3. Johnny - flame on with head colored similarly to body as depicted in comics
  4. Blastaar 
  5. Molecule Man
  6. Annihilus

BAF:  Uatu   (or make Uatu a wave member and have Annihilus or Blastaar be the BAF)

my Picks for Wave 2 are the following:
1. Triton
2. Crystal
3. She-Hulk in the classic F4 Costume (though since we are getting the new female Hulk figure in wave 1 I dont think they'd do another she-hulk so close to the last one, this figure could be exchanged for Karnak) 
4. Amazing Bagman (I dont know if spidey could be used in this wave or he has to be released in a spiderman wave, if he cant then replace this one with Moleman) 
5. Firelord
6. Kang

BAF for waves 1 and 2 Uatu and Super Skrull (in any order), Ill leave Annihilus for a future F4 Movie wave (since he could might be the villian) with most figures of that wave being MCU figures and a couple comic figures (other  inhumans we havent gotten)

I'm going to go with this , and it's not necessarily what I'd like to see but seems reasonable in a FF line

Future Foundation Invisible Woman

Future Foundation Mr. Fantastic

Future Foundation Human Torch

Future Foundation Thing

Mole Man

Crystal (why don't we have her yet!)