Marvel Promotes Kevin Feige To Chief Creative Officer

Outsiders

Deadline has announced that Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has adds the title of Chief Creative Officer, Marvel., to his title.  As the new Chief Creative Officer, Marvel., all of the company’s key creative executives across film and TV now will report to him.  This will extend to the overall creative direction of Marvel’s storytelling and content creation platforms. As part of this, Marvel TV and animation generator Marvel Family Entertainment will move under Feige’s Marvel Studios banner.

The change in title will go into effect this week with Feige overlooking the Disney+ plans and Marvel’s series contributions to the service that includes The Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, She-Hulk, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, What If? and WandaVision. He's also in charge for Marvel's upcoming product at D23 and San Diego Comic-Con.

Kevin_Feige.jpg

What really caught my attention is the fact that Marvel President Dan Buckley will now report to Feige when it comes to publishing, creative and editorial decisions, and for duties involving sales, creative services, games, licensing and events he will report to Ike Perlmutter.

I'm not sure how is this going to impact the comics divison. Feige will still have Joe Quesada and Buckley on the steps below him, but he should still have a hand in the comics division, if I'm not mistaken. The comics division has really taken off under Cebulski's leadership, so I guess it can only go higher from here on considering that Feige seems to know how to keep his ducks in a row.

17 minutes ago, mako said:

For what? Making movies so bad they make "Leonard Part 6" look like "Casablanca?"

I really don't get you, is there anything you may find redeemable, nay, enjoyable about the MCU? I mean, I know most are far from being masterpieces... but none of them are the absolute garbage you always say. I mean, critically speaking some are REALLY good, technically and aesthetically speaking at least.

Please stop me right now if we're not having a conversation and you're just gonna rant subjectively. 

9 hours ago, ADour said:

What really caught my attention is the fact that Marvel President Dan Buckley will now report to Feige when it comes to publishing, creative and editorial decisions, and for duties involving sales, creative services, games, licensing and events he will report to Ike Perlmutter.

I'm not sure how is this going to impact the comics divison. Feige will still have Joe Quesada and Buckley on the steps below him, but he should still have a hand in the comics division, if I'm not mistaken. The comics division has really taken off under Cebulski's leadership, so I guess it can only go higher from here on considering that Feige seems to know how to keep his ducks in a row.

Feige will have a role with the comics, but how much of a hands-on apporach will he take is the question

14 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I really don't get you, is there anything you may find redeemable, nay, enjoyable about the MCU? I mean, I know most are far from being masterpieces... but none of them are the absolute garbage you always say. I mean, critically speaking some are REALLY good, technically and aesthetically speaking at least.

Please stop me right now if we're not having a conversation and you're just gonna rant subjectively. 

LOL, you know the answer to this question, no he doesnt and has made it clear he hates everything about MCU and Disney which is fine, he has every right to that opinion, but I dont know why we need to dwell on it so much.

When this news first broke some outlets seemed to make the connection he would also be running the comics as well which based on the original source material seems to be quit an assumption. Anyway for Daredevil and the other Defenders Netflix shows, this will have no baring because the problem is the contract Disney made originally with Netflix that prohibits Disney from using those characters for a certain number of years (I forget the exact number off the top of my head) after their shows being canceled on Netflix. Eventually I am sure we will see a return of Daredevil, Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones but not for awhile. Some of the actors have also already moved on to other things, Cage and Misty Night for example each have their own shows running on CBS right now though I am not sure how long either one will last.

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

Feige will have a role with the comics, but how much of a hands-on apporach will he take is the question

Exactly. I'll doubt he'll focus much on the comics division since he has his plate full with the movie side, which is his baby, and now the TV side that can be directly influenced by the MCU. However, he'll still have the power to do things.

2 hours ago, ADour said:

Exactly. I'll doubt he'll focus much on the comics division since he has his plate full with the movie side, which is his baby, and now the TV side that can be directly influenced by the MCU. However, he'll still have the power to do things.

I wonder if he will push for more synergy between the MCU and the comics (hopefully not)

Just now, ADour said:

I think an argument could be made that he wouldn't support synergy, since synergy means adapting things unique to the MCU, and the less things the MCU has unique to it, the less unique the MCU is.

Also, it hasn't really worked so far

5 hours ago, JayC said:

When this news first broke some outlets seemed to make the connection he would also be running the comics as well which based on the original source material seems to be quit an assumption. Anyway for Daredevil and the other Defenders Netflix shows, this will have no baring because the problem is the contract Disney made originally with Netflix that prohibits Disney from using those characters for a certain number of years (I forget the exact number off the top of my head) after their shows being canceled on Netflix. Eventually I am sure we will see a return of Daredevil, Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones but not for awhile. Some of the actors have also already moved on to other things, Cage and Misty Night for example each have their own shows running on CBS right now though I am not sure how long either one will last.

Agree; don't see him actually running the comics. The comics need to be free to do their thing and the movies can do theirs. They should closely resemble each other, but one shouldn't dictate/hamper the other.

I for one look forward to the return of Daredevil; it seemed from what I read that Cage, Punisher, and Iron Fist are done no matter what. Love to see at least one more season of Jessica Jones but not sure if that's viable.