Horror & Supernatural Characters

RyanDaly

With Halloween coming up, I'm wondering which characters from the horror and supernatural realm would Marvel Legends collectors like to see get made. I particularly love this genre, and Marvel's horror comics from the 1970s are some of my favorite stories ever published. 

Some of the characters they could make include:

• Dracula (classic, based on Tomb of Dracula)
  • Dracula (modern)
  • Werewolf by Night (with interchangeable heads, one classic the way Mike Ploog designed, one more animalistic like how Bill Sienkiewicz drew him in Moon Knight)
  • Frankenstein's monster (could be a build-a-figure)
  • Man-Thing (re-release the BAF)
  • Brother Voodoo (classic)
  • Blade ('70s version from Tomb of Dracula)
  • Blade ('90s version)
  • Morbius ('90s version)
  • Daimon Hellstrom, the Son of Satan (I know the chances are slim to none, but hey, we can hope!)
  • Satana (same odds as her brother; interchangeable heads, one with rams horns and one without)
  • N'Kantu, the Living Mummy
  • Simon Garth, the Zombie
  • Lilith, Dracula's Daughter
  • Lilith, Mother of Demons
  • Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch)
  • The Orb
  • Blackheart
  • Gabriel, the Devil Hunter
  • Blackout
  • Scarecrow (also called the Straw Man)

What are your thoughts? Would any of these characters appeal to you as Marvel Legends? Any characters that I didn't include on my list that you think are worth mentioning?

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I'd take it all, please Hasbro more marvel Horror stuff!

but from your list out of em all I'd most like to see sooner then later

Werewolf By Night

Orb

Blackheart

Lilith (Mother of Demons)

Dracula (Modern)

Frankenstein Monster

N'Kantu

Man-Thing (Re-Realese)

Satana

add

Shiklah!

Gargoyle (from Supernaturals)

I def had a list somewhere, because I'm a huge fan of seeing this, I just can't remember off the top of my head , will update once I remember

I would love a horror series or two. They could even leak one or two characters out mixed in an Avengers wave ( seems this is where Hasbro likes sticking their oddball inclusions ) and before you know it we could have a nice little stable of Marvel Monsters.

Must haves:

Werewolf by Night ( If Hasbro only gives us one this is my guy )

Zombie, Frankenstein’s Monster and Dracula (ala the ToyBiz box set, something about that set really spoke to me. Still have them all even though their articulation is horrible (especially Dracula) by today’s standards..

Then any on your list. I’d also like to see FrankenCastle, Gargoyle (from Defenders, looks like a classic monster) a new ManWolf, a Man-Spider, and a classic ScareCrow. Maybe even a new classic head for Wendigo.

Any and all monsters welcome

I already mentioned these figures very recently; Hasbro's missing a golden opportunity here. All new sculpts for Tomb of Dracula, Werewolf by Night, Frankenstein's monster (as the BAF? Get it?), Living Mummy , plus Hellstrom and Satanna….helluva (no pun intended) box set for Halloween....

And Marvel should really do a horror tv series for their new service...based on TOD....Mads Mikklesen (or Jason Issacs) as Dracula, make it look as much like Gene Colan's artwork come to life....

I seriously think the best chance of getting these done will be Hasbro "undoing" the characters from the original Toybiz set, not necessarily in a box set, but maybe as a wave. While I'm not a personal fan of the classic monsters in Marvel comics I do think it would be a hit with most fans. I'd still get them because I would basically hold them in the same light as I do the MCU characters. Not a particular taste of mine, but if you give us some new flavor that hasn't been done yet I'm on board.

1. Dracula

2. Werewolf

3. Frankenstein's Monster

4. Zombie (with multiple head sculpts for army building)

5. Living Mummy

6. Manphibian (The Creature)

BAF - Frankencastle

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

Not if it's based on the Werewolf's initial appearance drawn by Mike Ploog. 

spacer.png

If you go with the more bestial looking Werewolf as drawn by Bill Sienkiewicz in Moon Knight, then yes, you'd need a larger body.

Yeah if Hasbro ever did do him as an action figure, you'd best believe theyre not going with scrawny werewolf. Nor are they going with the version that got his ass handed to him by Moon Knight in Moony's first appearance.

Now the reamatch, years (2008?)  later, in Moon Knight's own book (#20), were the Werewolf almost rips him to shreds...I can see them doing that one....

MoonKnight_20_Preview1.jpg

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Now the reamatch, years (2008?)  later, in Moon Knight's own book (#20), were the Werewolf almost rips him to shreds...I can see them doing that one....

MoonKnight_20_Preview1.jpg

Eh, to me that version looks like any generic furry monster and has no personality, so I would pass on that figure. But if that's what more fans want, I'm sure that's what Hasbro will make.

14 hours ago, mako said:

You don't think Jackal comes off as a little . . . scrawny for that?

Actually, that Jakal buck is just a bit larger than the Bucky Cap mold. Especially across the chest. He's really too big for the Jakal figure. At least the version they were trying to make in this instance, but he'd be perfect for a classic No Shirt/Ripped Jeans Wolfman. Of course his legs would have to be all new sculpts or retooled.

Eh, to me that version looks like any generic furry monster and has no personality, so I would pass on that figure. But if that's what more fans want, I'm sure that's what Hasbro will make.

Agreed, ever since the entire Underworld franchise (which were good) broke loose pretty much every werewolf in every type of media is portrayed in a similar way. If we're talking classical monsters, the Lon Chaney, Jr look is all time bench mark.

I do see your point. Most likely it would be a cross between the two- they would want to keep the "classical" green pants/jeans they usually have him in. But he likely wouldn't be the scrawny gibbon-looking thing they started out with.

I personally always really liked Werewolf by Night's later 90's look the most, but it's not iconic, nor do I think they would make his figure this way, it would have to be his o.g. design

spacer.png

this is the look I say go with, less scrawny but still classic

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

7D9E24DA-AE0A-454B-8793-8B717DD7E7A5.thumb.jpeg.e068059093a56c5200e1a040611efb3b.jpegI knowToybiz did a Monsters four pack a long time ago, so Hasbro should create updated versions of these characters. I would love a Tomb of Dracula figure along with classic Blade. Hopefully they do something like this in the coming years. With the Blade movie they could have comic based mixed with movie based figures or do a comic based monsters wave and a movie wave. Either way it needs to happen. Hasbro needs to create these Monster figures.

9 hours ago, IsaiahWayne said:

7D9E24DA-AE0A-454B-8793-8B717DD7E7A5.thumb.jpeg.e068059093a56c5200e1a040611efb3b.jpegI knowToybiz did a Monsters four pack a long time ago, so Hasbro should create updated versions of these characters. I would love a Tomb of Dracula figure along with classic Blade. Hopefully they do something like this in the coming years. With the Blade movie they could have comic based mixed with movie based figures or do a comic based monsters wave and a movie wave. Either way it needs to happen. Hasbro needs to create these Monster figures.

agreed, i sure hope we can see them soon

I sure hope these people aren't waiting on a tv or a movie to jump start the production of a figure. How short sighted that would be. There's so much they (Hasbro) could gain from just releasing a monster themed line without waiting for a film....they've done Morbius not very long ago, pretty good job (the underarm wings weren't attached, they had to give him a plug in "cape" but otherwise not bad).

Too bad they didn't release it during October....maybe next year?