All Anchor-Figure Line

Chunkylover

We all know every Marvel Legends wave absolutely has to have an Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, or Deadpool. It's just a fact. So, in order to craft the best Legends wave ever, they should all be in the same line!

What I would like to see in this thread, is how many waves can we create with just those characters? For the sake of allowing more people to chime in, limit your response to one figure per character, please.

Additionally, I was only able to think of those four "must have" characters, but if you can give good argumentation in support of some others, that would be great. I was thinking that Captain America, Thor, Hulk, perhaps Ms. Marvel, or Magneto could be included in a secondary strata of line anchor figures.

Anyway, have at it!

For my wave:

Wolverine as Death (Horseman of Apocalypse from The Twelve storyline)

Spider-Man as Hornet (from the Identity Crisis storyline)

Deadpool in his Baraka appearance from X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Iron Man Samurai armor (as far as I know this was just a toy in the 90's Iron Man line, but it looked cool, and I can't think of anything else at the moment)

Rogue as Ms. Marvel (or, Ms. Marvel manifesting through Rogue's body)

Magneto in purple New Mutants costume (Magneto has had more than a few inclusions of late, was important in the movies, and figures squarely in the comics, so he is my other secondary anchor character)

BAF Hulk as War (Hulk had his own wave, so though he isn't the big four, I'm including him)

I know; this isn't the best list. I made some awful choices on some. Let's see if you can come up with something better!

while a great list (and much wanted versions), it wouldn't work. Part of the reason the line is so successful is because they have split it up into 3/4 main lines, Avengers (and anything MCU), Spider-man and X-men (depending on the success of the F4 wave maybe that as well). This gives people the option of choosing the collection they want to collect and focus one with each line having there own headlinders (Spidey for his wave and Wolverine for the X-waves). Having all the headliners in one line won't work.

19 minutes ago, tarot said:

while a great list (and much wanted versions), it wouldn't work. Part of the reason the line is so successful is because they have split it up into 3/4 main lines, Avengers (and anything MCU), Spider-man and X-men (depending on the success of the F4 wave maybe that as well). This gives people the option of choosing the collection they want to collect and focus one with each line having there own headlinders (Spidey for his wave and Wolverine for the X-waves). Having all the headliners in one line won't work.

Ah. I understand their methodology.

I guess I was just thinking it might be a fun concept. I know we all get irritated by the over-inclusion of Wolverine, and especially Deadpool. I was wondering how many different waves could make of these characters in costumes that Hasbro hasn't done yet.

Just now, mako said:

Great notion, I like it! Lets see:

Logan: They've yet to do a "perfect" Logan, jacket, cowboy hat, alternate hands.

Spider-Man: Always loved the simplified design from the 60s cartoon. Give me that on the improved Spidey body with web lines and an unmasked head.

Captain America: Take another pass at the Marvel Now design, but on the buffer Wolf-Cap buck.

Iron Man: Totally new tooling of the Modular Armor version.

Deadpool: the suit design from the movie, but done in comic style. Instead of weapons throw in a movie camera, a script, and a director's chair with "Reynolds" stenciled on the back. Voila, Movie Star Deadpool!

That Deadpool is an actually good idea. I mean. Not really, but it would probably the most acceptable of all options. Clever idea!

I have the old Toy-biz Weapon X Logan, and Days of Future Past Logan and they are very good in my eyes. I'm not sure of Hasbro's attempts. The cowboy one seemed alright.

1. Spider-Man — Spider-Man 2099

2. Iron Man — Silver Centurion armor

3. Wolverine — same body and paint as the 80th 2-pack but with a head that looks more like his appearance in Claremont/Cockrum issues of X-Men

4. Deadpool — Deadpool cosplaying as Kang, but so good and so detailed that you’d swear it really was Kang, like you’d never know it was Deadpool dressed up as Kang unless you heard it directly from Hasbro

5. Electro — classic 

6. Toad — classic

BAF: Crimson Dynamo — classic 

Leokearon pretty much made my list haha , so I guess I gotta try something different

Spider-Man - Future Foundation

Wolverine - Team X

Deadpool - Ultimate

Iron Man - Endo-Sym Suit

Captain America - Armored (Exoskeleton)

Thor - Mid 90's Style

*Edit

Forgot the BAF

BAF = Red Hulk

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

hmm let me see

Spider-Man : a 60's Ditko styled spidey with dark blue, under arm webs

Wolverine : orange and black cause I loved that look in Evolutions

Iron man : Bleeding edge suit ( carbonized!)

Deadpool : wedding suit? no idea lol but it might be fun

Captain America : a new ultimate cap, brown leather boots ,gloves and cartridge belt  

Thor :  just like the 12" figure but 1/12 scale

8d7be289756d21f60ee4380e6c4c1970.jpg

deadpool.jpg

ditko spidey.jpg

Iron_Man_Armor_Model_37.jpg

ultimate cap.jpg

thor.png

Here's the Xiest version of the all A-list wave I could come up with, though--as A-listers go--it's pretty C-list. It's an Xy bunch of weirdos, but I'd buy it.

Binary (Carol Danvers as she appeared when she was an X-Man)

Psylocke (outback armour)

Sentinel X (from the future X-Men in Battle of the Atom; he's not Tony Stark, but he's definitely an Iron Man)

Spider (this is the Spider-Man for the wave, from the Weapon X team that competed with the Exiles)

Storm (costume from around the time of the Twelve)

Wolverine (Dawn of X uniform, which is basically an updated version of his old brown and gold costume, sort of half-way between his 80s look and his X-Force look)

Zenpool (Deadpool in his zen monk garb from AXIS)

BAF: Kluh (Hulk's Hulk from AXIS)

spacer.pngpsylocke-bigcostume3.jpgspacer.pngspacer.pngstorm-bigcostume10.jpgspacer.pngdeadpool-costumelarge11.jpgspacer.png

7 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Leokearon pretty much made my list haha , so I guess I gotta try something different

Wolverine - Team X

Deadpool - Ultimate

Iron Man - Endo-Sym Suit

Thor - Mid 90's Style

*Edit

Forgot the BAF

BAF = Red Hulk

Great minds Think alike

On 10/22/2019 at 9:03 AM, mako said:

Deadpool: the suit design from the movie, but done in comic style. Instead of weapons throw in a movie camera, a script, and a director's chair with "Reynolds" stenciled on the back. Voila, Movie Star Deadpool!

I'd buy this. Add or not weapons, I've enough stored from other figures, as long as he's got the sheathes.

2 hours ago, mako said:

To be honest, I thought including Deadpool in an anchor line made since, I just couldn't for the life of me think of anything new to do with him.

From what I've seen, Hasbro is in much the same head-space.

I totally disagree there is still soooo many outfits deadpool could be released in

for example

Deadpool The Kid

Zombie Deadpool

Weapon X

Golden Age

Days of Future Now

Ultimate

Any Merc for Money outfit

Dreadpool

Pulp

Detective

Venompool

Multi Symbiote

Battle of the Atom

As Iron Man

Pantherpool

Kid Deadpool

I doubt Hasbro overlooked any of these potentials , Deadpool figures ain't going anywhere

15 minutes ago, mako said:

You forgot Viking Deadpool and Street-Luge Deadpool.

Hahaha of Course, and Pirate Deadpool, and French Maid Deadpool , and Mermaid Deadpool and Clown...blah blah, Deadpool merch saturation makes me mega cringe face palm (and I even like Deadpool)

Let me throw my 2 cents in here. Good idea by the way. There's really no reason this can't happen. Break from the norm every once in a while, Hasbro.

1. Spider-Man - Comic Iron Spider

2. Captain America - Marvel Now on larger buck

3. Iron Man - Silver Centurion armor, baby

4. Wolverine - Blue and Gold training suit

5. Deadpool - Skottie Young style with alternate Madcap and Slapstick head sculpts

6. Thor - Modern version with bearded and non bearded head sculpts

BAF - Joe MF'n Fixit - Gotta give Hasbro another "can you do it better?" challenge

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:47 PM, leokearon said:
  1. Spider-Man- Spider-Armour (Web of #100)
  2. Iron man - Modular Armour
  3. Deadpool - Weapon  X Costume
  4. Wolverine - Tuxedo Patch
  5. Captain America - The Captain aka US Agent
  6. Ms. Marvel - First Appearance

BAF - Hulk - Joe Fixit

That's the other Wolverine Character that comes to mind immediately. I think there are a lot of "suited" versions that could be cool. In the Acts of Vengeance story arc in which Mandarin turns Psylocke into an assassin, he appears largely in a suit. It's a really cool look. It probably wouldn't fly off the shelves. I wonder if a Wolverine would.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:00 PM, RyanDaly said:

1. Spider-Man — Spider-Man 2099

2. Iron Man — Silver Centurion armor

3. Wolverine — same body and paint as the 80th 2-pack but with a head that looks more like his appearance in Claremont/Cockrum issues of X-Men

4. Deadpool — Deadpool cosplaying as Kang, but so good and so detailed that you’d swear it really was Kang, like you’d never know it was Deadpool dressed up as Kang unless you heard it directly from Hasbro

5. Electro — classic 

6. Toad — classic

BAF: Crimson Dynamo — classic 

:laugh:

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:50 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wolverine - Team X

Deadpool - Ultimate

Iron Man - Endo-Sym Suit

Thor - Mid 90's Style

*Edit

Forgot the BAF

BAF = Red Hulk

It's nice seeing the images. That Wolverine would be cool, of course. Not an original thought there. The Captain America and Thor are interesting versions. I remember that Thor from the Onslaught crossover. When did that Cap appear and why?

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:41 PM, Benn said:

Here's the Xiest version of the all A-list wave I could come up with, though--as A-listers go--it's pretty C-list. It's an Xy bunch of weirdos, but I'd buy it.

Binary (Carol Danvers as she appeared when she was an X-Man)

Psylocke (outback armour)

Sentinel X (from the future X-Men in Battle of the Atom; he's not Tony Stark, but he's definitely an Iron Man)

Spider (this is the Spider-Man for the wave, from the Weapon X team that competed with the Exiles)

Storm (costume from around the time of the Twelve)

Wolverine (Dawn of X uniform, which is basically an updated version of his old brown and gold costume, sort of half-way between his 80s look and his X-Force look)

Zenpool (Deadpool in his zen monk garb from AXIS)

BAF: Kluh (Hulk's Hulk from AXIS)

spacer.pngpsylocke-bigcostume3.jpgspacer.pngspacer.pngstorm-bigcostume10.jpgspacer.pngdeadpool-costumelarge11.jpgspacer.png

I like that Binary and Storm. Zenpool actually looks kind of neat, and Kluh, about whom I know nothing.

Nice lists everyone.

7 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

That's the other Wolverine Character that comes to mind immediately. I think there are a lot of "suited" versions that could be cool. In the Acts of Vengeance story arc in which Mandarin turns Psylocke into an assassin, he appears largely in a suit. It's a really cool look. It probably wouldn't fly off the shelves. I wonder if a Wolverine would.

:laugh:

It's nice seeing the images. That Wolverine would be cool, of course. Not an original thought there. The Captain America and Thor are interesting versions. I remember that Thor from the Onslaught crossover. When did that Cap appear and why?

I like that Binary and Storm. Zenpool actually looks kind of neat, and Kluh, about whom I know nothing.

Nice lists everyone.

The Exoskeleton/Armoured Cap is from the mid 90''s when he lost the super soldier serum and his body began to detorieate 

50 minutes ago, leokearon said:

The Exoskeleton/Armoured Cap is from the mid 90''s when he lost the super soldier serum and his body began to detorieate 

Got it. It would be cool to see some of these lesser known versions. I think that Thor wasn't too popular at the time but it looks kind of neat now. I would think that any Captain America would sell. Having armor should help that too.

14 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

Got it. It would be cool to see some of these lesser known versions. I think that Thor wasn't too popular at the time but it looks kind of neat now. I would think that any Captain America would sell. Having armor should help that too.

He-Thor wasn't popular and perosnally I still think it's a bad look. Armoured Cap is rather silly, but it would make a decent figure

27 minutes ago, leokearon said:

He-Thor wasn't popular and perosnally I still think it's a bad look. Armoured Cap is rather silly, but it would make a decent figure

Yeah. Y'know, my thought is that they both look so radically different, and they are popular characters. I bet they would do well. I think they would be visually appealing to kids, and obscure enough for collectors. That would be the sweet spot for an A-list character, right?

3 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

Yeah. Y'know, my thought is that they both look so radically different, and they are popular characters. I bet they would do well. I think they would be visually appealing to kids, and obscure enough for collectors. That would be the sweet spot for an A-list character, right?

They aren't popular looks but still big characters so they would probably sell