BBTS problems

AnotherPunkChef

So I just cancelled quite a few preorders from Big Bad Toy Store because the delays are getting ridiculous. Pre-ordered the Juggernaut Colossus 2 pack back in July for an estimated August release, its now the end of October and I still haven't gotten any word about it, and that's just ONE example. I could have gotten it on Amazon MONTHS ago but I like BBTS and wanted to give them the business. I dunno, I think I'm just gonna stick to buying in stock product from them from now on. Anyone besides me been having this issue?

15 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

So I just cancelled quite a few preorders from Big Bad Toy Store because the delays are getting ridiculous. Pre-ordered the Juggernaut Colossus 2 pack back in July for an estimated August release, its now the end of October and I still haven't gotten any word about it, and that's just ONE example. I could have gotten it on Amazon MONTHS ago but I like BBTS and wanted to give them the business. I dunno, I think I'm just gonna stick to buying in stock product from them from now on. Anyone besides me been having this issue?

I've only ordered twice from them, the first time the preorder took around 5 months over the estimated shipping date to ship. That was well over 15 years ago. 

The second time was a couple of years ago and there was no delay whatsoever, I even got the figures before most in my country. But it's ridiculously expensive, so I just bide my time from then on. Fortunately most ML figures do get to Mexico nowadays.

Higher prices, longer delays, higher shipping costs, absolutely no customer communication or call backs, there's really no reason whatsoever one could convince me to use them ever again. They've become too big to operate efficiently and they do over extend themselves with pre-orders, but hey they are rarely completely out of stock, so pick your poison. Megalopolis came up at the right time. They notify you continuously, they send pictures of the orders as they are filled and shipped and they follow up. They're far from perfect, mind you, but they're head and shoulders above BBTS. Of course, I use an EBay vendor that values me as a customer and appreciates my patronage and works with me on pricing and shipping so my interactions with these mega toy stores is minimum. If you can arrange something like that I highly suggest it.

34 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Higher prices, longer delays, higher shipping costs, absolutely no customer communication or call backs, there's really no reason whatsoever one could convince me to use them ever again. They've become too big to operate efficiently and they do over extend themselves with pre-orders, but hey they are rarely completely out of stock, so pick your poison. Megalopolis came up at the right time. They notify you continuously, they send pictures of the orders as they are filled and shipped and they follow up. They're far from perfect, mind you, but they're head and shoulders above BBTS. Of course, I use an EBay vendor that values me as a customer and appreciates my patronage and works with me on pricing and shipping so my interactions with these mega toy stores is minimum. If you can arrange something like that I highly suggest it.

And it just really sucks because they're located in Wisconsin, I live in Wisconsin, I wanna support local businesses, but I feel like a chump waiting for so long...