Who Could The Build-A-Figure For The Next Spider-Man Themed 6" Marvel Legends Wave Be?!?

JayC

We've known all the single release figures for Hasbro's next wave of Spider-Man themed 6" Marvel Legends figures for a few months now, but Hasbro has yet to reveal the Build-A-Figure for this wave. That will likely change either this weekend or next since Hasbro will be attending 4 different EU conventions where new product will be unveiled. However before we get to the official reveal, we thought it would be fun to do some good-old fashion speculation.

So first lets just recap all the regular figures slated for this wave.

White Rabbit (Comic)
Spider-Man-05__scaled_600.jpg

Classic Vulture (Comic)
Spider-Man-04__scaled_600.jpg

Superior Octopus (Comic)
Spider-Man-06__scaled_600.jpg

Shang-Chi (Comic)
Spider-Man-03__scaled_600.jpg

Velocity Suit Spider-Man (PS4 Game)
Spider-Man-02__scaled_600.jpg

Spider-Armor Mark III (PS4 Game)
Spider-Man-01__scaled_600.jpg

So what should the Build-A-Figure for this wave be? Here are our Top 5 choices, keeping in mind this purely SPECULATION on our part and not based on any kind of insider information.

5. Madame Web
03__scaled_600.jpg

While not the most exciting character on the list, the mystery fortune teller has been around a long time and been featured in games, cartoons and has even been rumored for the big-screen treatment. By herself she wouldn't make a very interesting Build-A-Figure, but if you included her huge spider-like chair she is usually seen sitting in, then I think you could see the potential.

4. Stilt-Man
04__scaled_600.jpg

This one is probably more wishful thinking than anything and generally not thought of as a Spider-Man villain, but he is known for going toe-to-toe with Daredevil. Since Daredevil figures generally end up in these Spider-Man waves, we figure why not? With his long legs which hopefully could be retractable, we think this would make an awesome Build-A-Figure.

3. Spider-Hulk
05__scaled_600.jpg

In all honesty this one was originally chosen simply for his size and the fact Toy Biz did a version back in the day. He was going to be our fifth and final pick for the list but then we heard the news that Marvel was planning on bringing him back as the Immortal Spider-Hulk and we decided to jump him from 5 to 3.

06__scaled_600.jpg

2. Spider-Slayer
02__scaled_600.jpg

This one seems like a no-brainer for the Build-A-Figure treatment. Spider-Slayer has had many looks over the years big and small, but of course we are envisioning one of the bigger versions for the plastic treatment, which will hopefully feature a computer screen with J.J.s face plastered on it.

1. PS4 Spider-Man Game Rhino
01__scaled_600.jpg

This one comes in at #1 for us because we think it would make a pretty cool looking figure and for the fact this wave already features two other figures based on video game designs, so why not a third???

Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION below which character you want to see Hasbro include in this wave as the Build-A-Figure.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Spider-Man-01.jpg

Spider-Man-02.jpg

Spider-Man-03.jpg

Spider-Man-04.jpg

Spider-Man-05.jpg

Spider-Man-06.jpg

SPIDER HULK WOULD BE AMAZING, But I would hope they serve that up as a single pack figure. I really only NEED vulture. And I only really want vulture and white rabbit. Ideally I hope they make a obscure F-LISTER so I don't have to pick up the whole wave. 

My personal preference would be Smythe or Mister Hyde, but it'll most likely be something ridiculous like Spider-Hulk. Between that BAF and the two weirdo Spider-Men it would be really easy to wanna just cherry pick this wave for some. Not for me, of course, cuz my completionist OCD would kick in as usual (though I can wait for some of them to go on clearance). Stilt Man wouldn't be too bad either.

The first thing I thought was PS4 Rhino as soon as I saw this thread title, he makes sense, but then something made me feel like he may not be the BAF only because that's far too many Video Game Figs in one wave and I don't feel they are going to go full tilt on that being the main focus of the wave , When I intially saw this wave I thought maybe it be Grizzly, but perhaps maybe a Spider-Hulk seems like a good idea (with all those Hulk figures coming out as of recent), I actually really hope it's not a BAF I want to build because I really don't want to have to buy all of these figs, to be honest most don't appeal to me

17 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

The first thing I thought was PS4 Rhino as soon as I saw this thread title, he makes sense, but then something made me feel like he may not be the BAF only because that's far too many Video Game Figs in one wave and I don't feel they are going to go full tilt on that being the main focus of the wave , When I intially saw this wave I thought maybe it be Grizzly, but perhaps maybe a Spider-Hulk seems like a good idea (with all those Hulk figures coming out as of recent), I actually really hope it's not a BAF I want to build because I really don't want to have to buy all of these figs, to be honest most don't appeal to me

Actually, doing a game prominent wave is a good idea as far as health and longevity of the line. Inserting game figures in the line will give them many more options and avenues to choose characters from. I'm not a personal fan of those characters, but I can see Hasbro's thinking. Already there are a lot of online personalities predicting that the recently revealed Gamerverse Iron Man might be just one figure from a larger game based wave. Like I said, not my cup of tea, but business wise it makes sense. Anyone who plays the mobile Contest of Champions have observed that many of the looks of some characters, such as Colossus, have seemed to have been taken directly from that game.

Mr Hyde would be a great choice being as he's fought both Spidey & DD & is a member of the masters of evil & would be able to throw down with Thor & the Avengers. Stilt man would be my 2nd choice as he is an Ironman/DD/ foe. As it is, only 2 figs I plan on getting from this wave are Shang Chi & Vulture regardless of the BAF. I'd buy it separate if it's either Mr Hyde or Stiltman.

7 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Actually, doing a game prominent wave is a good idea as far as health and longevity of the line. Inserting game figures in the line will give them many more options and avenues to choose characters from. I'm not a personal fan of those characters, but I can see Hasbro's thinking. Already there are a lot of online personalities predicting that the recently revealed Gamerverse Iron Man might be just one figure from a larger game based wave. Like I said, not my cup of tea, but business wise it makes sense. Anyone who plays the mobile Contest of Champions have observed that many of the looks of some characters, such as Colossus, have seemed to have been taken directly from that game.

You are right it does make perfect sense looking at the points you made in regards to building waves outside of comics and movies for Hasbro's part (longevity wise), and yes from what I have heard a Gamer Verse wave is coming out (which the Iron Man obviously is from) , so I guess in actuality the probability is PS4 Rhino as a BAF is highly likely, I get the idea of now adding Video game looks and characters and we have seen this trend slowly becoming more predominant in Legends (Contest of Champions (3.75 Civil Warrior Vs. Collector), Future Fight (WM Punisher Helmet) etc), and to be honest I'm not oppose to it at all, I play Future Fight and would love to see some of the looks and new characters (Luna Snow, Crescent etc) make it to figure form. It does really add more extended life to the series with more to draw from

seeing as this is only a 6 figure wave im betting that the baf will be one of the bigger sized characters, Im also really hoping its one of the b-list characters since im only planning on getting a couple of the figures in this wave that way I could pass on the BAF and wont need to buy figures I dont care for to get the rest of the BAF pieces