Make an All Obscure Figure Wave

leokearon

14 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

another awesome wave id love to see

Yeah, imagine translucent ice and translucent fire Equinox! They could even have 2 variants, one with ice torso and one with fire torso. But out of all my choices, the hardest one will be Red Wolf as there is no existing headsculpt already for him, but its hardly impossible. The Iron Fist head will work for both El Aguila ( and Shatterstar's shirt gives them a good basis for his) and Steel Serpent; the recent Citizen V head will work for Equinox, and the others are pretty much already done.

bowen-designs-red-wolf-mini-bust-view1__95051_1497845494.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some New Obscure Waves

Wave 1

• Cygnus
  • Deathstorm
  • Warrior Woman
  • Malevolence
  • Hydron
  • Pick Axis (One Fig 3 Heads Like Dani)

BAF = Mok (aka War-Dog)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wave 2

• Boneyard
  • Rune
  • Death Dance
  • Turbo
  • Jarella
  • Honcho (Vulturians)

BAF = Shuma Gorath (despite him not being sooo obscure, but being super weird enough)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wave 3

• Lifeguard
  • Shadowmage
  • Stella Nega
  • Dancing Water (she will be translucent)
  • Kuragari
  • Whisper

BAF = Le Beaver

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Some New Obscure Waves

Wave 1

• Cygnus
  • Deathstorm
  • Warrior Woman
  • Malevolence
  • Hydron

BAF = Mok (aka War-Dog)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wave 2

• Boneyard
  • Rune
  • Death Dance
  • Turbo
  • Jarella
  • Honcho (Vulturians)

BAF = Shuma Gorath (despite him not being sooo obscure, but being super weird enough)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wave 3

• Lifeguard
  • Shadowmage
  • Stella Nega
  • Kuragari
  • Whisper

BAF = Le Beaver

Now we are getting obscure

22 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Some New Obscure Waves

Wave 1

• Cygnus
  • Deathstorm
  • Warrior Woman
  • Malevolence
  • Hydron

BAF = Mok (aka War-Dog)

Wave 2

• Boneyard
  • Rune
  • Death Dance
  • Turbo
  • Jarella
  • Honcho (Vulturians)

Wave 3

• Lifeguard
  • Shadowmage
  • Stella Nega
  • Kuragari
  • Whisper

BAF = Le Beaver

yea its going to be hard to top that list lol

Eh, I don't think we will ever get a full on obscure wave. The obscure characters may only pull a handful of collectors. Additionally collectors are so particular, if Hasbro makes an obscure character in an obscure costume (which we've seen) it becomes a peg warmer. Then Hasbro loses and collectors lose a wave that could have been used by A,B,C and D listers. The last thing Hasbro and I want are more Peg warmers. 

13 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Eh, I don't think we will ever get a full on obscure wave. The obscure characters may only pull a handful of collectors. Additionally collectors are so particular, if Hasbro makes an obscure character in an obscure costume (which we've seen) it becomes a peg warmer. Then Hasbro loses and collectors lose a wave that could have been used by A,B,C and D listers. The last thing Hasbro and I want are more Peg warmers. 

Well yes, and this entire thread is just for pure fun, I love obscure characters, I love imaginging them as figures, but I Know none of these waves are going to happen or any of these characters being made

13 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Doesn't matter, this is just for fun.

On 11/9/2019 at 2:22 AM, leokearon said:

Doesn't matter, this is just for fun.

Thanks, that was clarified in the comment before you. I also realize most of this is just for fun. It's fun to make our own waves. I also have a tendency to play devil's advocate and look things realistically. *shrug*

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Obscure Hostess Fruit Pie Wave

1. Hotshot
  2. Printout Man
  3. Battleaxe
  4. Sparksfly
  5. June Jitsu
  6. Flame Thrower

BAF: Human Computer

Amazing! 🤩 , best wave in this thread

all figures come with a vintage hostess pie smushed into the figure tray, *not for consuming only for collecting*

35 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Another wave that’s not so much obscure as it is just a mere taste of Marvel’s weirdness in the ‘70s.

1. Adam Warlock

2. Black Talon

3. Howard the Duck

4. Man-Thing (re-released BAF)

5. Razorfist

6. Tigra

BAF. Black Goliath (ab-window version)

8C6612A7-5249-496A-AFBE-017EF91CE991.jpeg

C091F842-0B39-4920-9008-39D0F538607C.jpeg

1ED3E25E-FB5F-415E-82C6-F59A12C402B7.jpeg

BACDC356-200C-4A61-935D-BA73CE04A24F.jpeg

BA3AA7B7-97F3-49F6-B4ED-7A0B5B1D050E.jpeg

C322D963-3607-4CDF-85A4-CB03F4767107.jpeg

2B890309-E9F6-45C5-AAD4-53A9CA20E7A6.jpeg

this reminds me, I had actually forgot we never got a classic Adam Warlock, I always passed on the one we got because I hoped we'd see one, also man on man how long is it going to be before we get Tigra and Howard, a Man-Thing re-release would be like the best thing since I was a fool not have built the BAF (I thought at that time the Toybiz version was the only one I needed, now I know I was wrong)

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

this reminds me, I had actually forgot we never got a classic Adam Warlock, I always passed on the one we got because I hoped we'd see one, also man on man how long is it going to be before we get Tigra and Howard, a Man-Thing re-release would be like the best thing since I was a fool not have built the BAF (I thought at that time the Toybiz version was the only one I needed, now I know I was wrong)

If Warlock shows up in Guardians Vol. 3 like he’s rumored to, I expect we might get a classic comic version in the year before. 

Also, yes, Tigers is way past due.

Sadly Man-Thing was the BAF of the most unappealing wave, to me. I’m not a MCU/Netflix collector so I was never getting those figures. Also not a fan of that Blade. I got Bullseye on discount. Unless he’s repackaged in a monster box set, I imagine I’ll have to get Man-Thing off eBay or something.

11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Amazing! 🤩 , best wave in this thread

all figures come with a vintage hostess pie smushed into the figure tray, *not for consuming only for collecting*

Also each figure would have a hostess pie accessory

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:20 AM, Atlantis said:

bowen-designs-red-wolf-mini-bust-view1__95051_1497845494.jpg

As you can see I'm not about to let Red Wolf go. That he'll ever get made, I don't know. But if he does, I hope they've worked out a way to allow him to have head movement. The very cowl that makes him who he is would be very constrictive, just like the 80th anniversary Thor head. There's almost no vertical movement capable due to his long hair; not much horizontal either. Very light rubbery end on the wolf head might help this problem.

On 11/12/2019 at 10:59 PM, Atlantis said:

As you can see I'm not about to let Red Wolf go. That he'll ever get made, I don't know. But if he does, I hope they've worked out a way to allow him to have head movement. The very cowl that makes him who he is would be very constrictive, just like the 80th anniversary Thor head. There's almost vertical movement capable due to his long hair; not much horizontal either. Very light rubbery end on the wolf head might help this problem.

The ripped shirt that comes with the 80th Anniversary Hulk(s) is very light and pliable. I think if Red Wolf's cowl was like that, side-to-side movement wouldn't be too restricted.

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

The ripped shirt that comes with the 80th Anniversary Hulk(s) is very light and pliable. I think if Red Wolf's cowl was like that, side-to-side movement wouldn't be too restricted.

Yes! While I have no reason to think any of the Hasbro production heads are reading this, or have any plans to make Red Wolf, I sure hope they take your idea into mind if they do. In fact they need to use lighter, flexible plastic whenever they're doing figures that have tunics that extend below the waist (like Doom) or longer hair ( like Scarlet Witch).