Jump to content
leokearon

Make an All Obscure Figure Wave

Recommended Posts

Well you guys have heard me rail on about this for I don't know how long....but yeah, I have some obscure figure wishes!

1. Red Wolf

2. El Aguila

3. Doc Samson

4. Night Shade

5. Steel Serpent

6. Equinox

Red-Wolf-Marvel-Comics-Rangers-a.jpg

ElAguila.jpg.b18b031c15fb0844ac462089d107fe60.jpg

0130e.jpg

cb0b667fa902e7a4a407e68be7466e28.jpg

davos-steel-serpent-iron-fist-season-2.jpg

icy-mcfirepants.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Well you guys have heard me rail on about this for I don't know how long....but yeah, I have some obscure figure wishes!

1. Red Wolf

2. El Aguila

3. Doc Samson

4. Night Shade

5. Steel Serpent

6. Equinox

Red-Wolf-Marvel-Comics-Rangers-a.jpg

ElAguila.jpg.b18b031c15fb0844ac462089d107fe60.jpg

0130e.jpg

cb0b667fa902e7a4a407e68be7466e28.jpg

davos-steel-serpent-iron-fist-season-2.jpg

icy-mcfirepants.jpg

another awesome wave id love to see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving all the ideas so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 9:28 PM, Air-Walker said:

list2.jpg

I love this wave. I've been reading a ton of cosmic Marvel stories lately so this collection hits me right in the sweet spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

another awesome wave id love to see

Yeah, imagine translucent ice and translucent fire Equinox! They could even have 2 variants, one with ice torso and one with fire torso. But out of all my choices, the hardest one will be Red Wolf as there is no existing headsculpt already for him, but its hardly impossible. The Iron Fist head will work for both El Aguila ( and Shatterstar's shirt gives them a good basis for his) and Steel Serpent; the recent Citizen V head will work for Equinox, and the others are pretty much already done.

bowen-designs-red-wolf-mini-bust-view1__95051_1497845494.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some New Obscure Waves

Wave 1

  • Cygnus
  • Deathstorm
  • Warrior Woman
  • Malevolence
  • Hydron
  • Pick Axis (One Fig 3 Heads Like Dani)

BAF = Mok (aka War-Dog)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Wave 2

  • Boneyard
  • Rune
  • Death Dance
  • Turbo
  • Jarella
  • Honcho (Vulturians)

BAF = Shuma Gorath (despite him not being sooo obscure, but being super weird enough)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wave 3

  • Lifeguard
  • Shadowmage
  • Stella Nega
  • Dancing Water (she will be translucent)
  • Kuragari
  • Whisper

BAF = Le Beaver

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Some New Obscure Waves

Wave 1

  • Cygnus
  • Deathstorm
  • Warrior Woman
  • Malevolence
  • Hydron
  • Pick Axis (One Fig 3 Heads Like Dani)

BAF = Mok (aka War-Dog)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Wave 2

  • Boneyard
  • Rune
  • Death Dance
  • Turbo
  • Jarella
  • Honcho (Vulturians)

BAF = Shuma Gorath (despite him not being sooo obscure, but being super weird enough)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wave 3

  • Lifeguard
  • Shadowmage
  • Stella Nega
  • Dancing Water (she will be translucent)
  • Kuragari
  • Whisper

BAF = Le Beaver

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Now we are getting obscure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Some New Obscure Waves

Wave 1

  • Cygnus
  • Deathstorm
  • Warrior Woman
  • Malevolence
  • Hydron
  • Pick Axis (One Fig 3 Heads Like Dani)

BAF = Mok (aka War-Dog)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Wave 2

  • Boneyard
  • Rune
  • Death Dance
  • Turbo
  • Jarella
  • Honcho (Vulturians)

BAF = Shuma Gorath (despite him not being sooo obscure, but being super weird enough)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wave 3

  • Lifeguard
  • Shadowmage
  • Stella Nega
  • Dancing Water (she will be translucent)
  • Kuragari
  • Whisper

BAF = Le Beaver

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

yea its going to be hard to top that list lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, I don't think we will ever get a full on obscure wave. The obscure characters may only pull a handful of collectors. Additionally collectors are so particular, if Hasbro makes an obscure character in an obscure costume (which we've seen) it becomes a peg warmer. Then Hasbro loses and collectors lose a wave that could have been used by A,B,C and D listers. The last thing Hasbro and I want are more Peg warmers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Eh, I don't think we will ever get a full on obscure wave. The obscure characters may only pull a handful of collectors. Additionally collectors are so particular, if Hasbro makes an obscure character in an obscure costume (which we've seen) it becomes a peg warmer. Then Hasbro loses and collectors lose a wave that could have been used by A,B,C and D listers. The last thing Hasbro and I want are more Peg warmers. 

Well yes, and this entire thread is just for pure fun, I love obscure characters, I love imaginging them as figures, but I Know none of these waves are going to happen or any of these characters being made

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Eh, I don't think we will ever get a full on obscure wave. The obscure characters may only pull a handful of collectors. Additionally collectors are so particular, if Hasbro makes an obscure character in an obscure costume (which we've seen) it becomes a peg warmer. Then Hasbro loses and collectors lose a wave that could have been used by A,B,C and D listers. The last thing Hasbro and I want are more Peg warmers. 

Doesn't matter, this is just for fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, this isn't so much obscure as super niche: a wave of powerful cosmic characters, including the most popular Elders of the Universe.

  1. The Gardener
  2. The Champion
  3. The Grandmaster
  4. The Runner
  5. The Collector
  6. The Stranger
  • BAF - The Shaper of Worlds

 

Elders.png

 

Stranger.jpg

xShaper.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 2:22 AM, leokearon said:

Doesn't matter, this is just for fun.

Thanks, that was clarified in the comment before you. I also realize most of this is just for fun. It's fun to make our own waves. I also have a tendency to play devil's advocate and look things realistically. *shrug*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obscure Hostess Fruit Pie Wave

  1. Hotshot
  2. Printout Man
  3. Battleaxe
  4. Sparksfly
  5. June Jitsu
  6. Flame Thrower

BAF: Human Computer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Obscure Hostess Fruit Pie Wave

  1. Hotshot
  2. Printout Man
  3. Battleaxe
  4. Sparksfly
  5. June Jitsu
  6. Flame Thrower

BAF: Human Computer

Amazing! 🤩 , best wave in this thread

all figures come with a vintage hostess pie smushed into the figure tray, *not for consuming only for collecting*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another wave that’s not so much obscure as it is just a mere taste of Marvel’s weirdness in the ‘70s.

1. Adam Warlock

2. Black Talon

3. Howard the Duck

4. Man-Thing (re-released BAF)

5. Razorfist

6. Tigra

BAF. Black Goliath (ab-window version)

8C6612A7-5249-496A-AFBE-017EF91CE991.jpeg

C091F842-0B39-4920-9008-39D0F538607C.jpeg

1ED3E25E-FB5F-415E-82C6-F59A12C402B7.jpeg

BACDC356-200C-4A61-935D-BA73CE04A24F.jpeg

BA3AA7B7-97F3-49F6-B4ED-7A0B5B1D050E.jpeg

C322D963-3607-4CDF-85A4-CB03F4767107.jpeg

2B890309-E9F6-45C5-AAD4-53A9CA20E7A6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Another wave that’s not so much obscure as it is just a mere taste of Marvel’s weirdness in the ‘70s.

1. Adam Warlock

2. Black Talon

3. Howard the Duck

4. Man-Thing (re-released BAF)

5. Razorfist

6. Tigra

BAF. Black Goliath (ab-window version)

8C6612A7-5249-496A-AFBE-017EF91CE991.jpeg

C091F842-0B39-4920-9008-39D0F538607C.jpeg

1ED3E25E-FB5F-415E-82C6-F59A12C402B7.jpeg

BACDC356-200C-4A61-935D-BA73CE04A24F.jpeg

BA3AA7B7-97F3-49F6-B4ED-7A0B5B1D050E.jpeg

C322D963-3607-4CDF-85A4-CB03F4767107.jpeg

2B890309-E9F6-45C5-AAD4-53A9CA20E7A6.jpeg

this reminds me, I had actually forgot we never got a classic Adam Warlock, I always passed on the one we got because I hoped we'd see one, also man on man how long is it going to be before we get Tigra and Howard, a Man-Thing re-release would be like the best thing since I was a fool not have built the BAF (I thought at that time the Toybiz version was the only one I needed, now I know I was wrong)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

this reminds me, I had actually forgot we never got a classic Adam Warlock, I always passed on the one we got because I hoped we'd see one, also man on man how long is it going to be before we get Tigra and Howard, a Man-Thing re-release would be like the best thing since I was a fool not have built the BAF (I thought at that time the Toybiz version was the only one I needed, now I know I was wrong)

If Warlock shows up in Guardians Vol. 3 like he’s rumored to, I expect we might get a classic comic version in the year before. 
 

Also, yes, Tigers is way past due.

 

Sadly Man-Thing was the BAF of the most unappealing wave, to me. I’m not a MCU/Netflix collector so I was never getting those figures. Also not a fan of that Blade. I got Bullseye on discount. Unless he’s repackaged in a monster box set, I imagine I’ll have to get Man-Thing off eBay or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Amazing! 🤩 , best wave in this thread

all figures come with a vintage hostess pie smushed into the figure tray, *not for consuming only for collecting*

Also each figure would have a hostess pie accessory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:20 AM, Atlantis said:

bowen-designs-red-wolf-mini-bust-view1__95051_1497845494.jpg

As you can see I'm not about to let Red Wolf go. That he'll ever get made, I don't know. But if he does, I hope they've worked out a way to allow him to have head movement. The very cowl that makes him who he is would be very constrictive, just like the 80th anniversary Thor head. There's almost no vertical movement capable due to his long hair; not much horizontal either. Very light rubbery end on the wolf head might help this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 10:59 PM, Atlantis said:

As you can see I'm not about to let Red Wolf go. That he'll ever get made, I don't know. But if he does, I hope they've worked out a way to allow him to have head movement. The very cowl that makes him who he is would be very constrictive, just like the 80th anniversary Thor head. There's almost vertical movement capable due to his long hair; not much horizontal either. Very light rubbery end on the wolf head might help this problem.

The ripped shirt that comes with the 80th Anniversary Hulk(s) is very light and pliable. I think if Red Wolf's cowl was like that, side-to-side movement wouldn't be too restricted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

The ripped shirt that comes with the 80th Anniversary Hulk(s) is very light and pliable. I think if Red Wolf's cowl was like that, side-to-side movement wouldn't be too restricted.

Yes! While I have no reason to think any of the Hasbro production heads are reading this, or have any plans to make Red Wolf, I sure hope they take your idea into mind if they do. In fact they need to use lighter, flexible plastic whenever they're doing figures that have tunics that extend below the waist (like Doom) or longer hair ( like Scarlet Witch).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE