S.H. Figuarts Avengers: Endgame Iron Spider With Instant Kill Mode Look

JayC

Looks like Tamashii Nations will be releasing an updated version of their S.H. Figuarts Iron Spider figure. This one will feature the red eyes "Instant Kill Mode" look from Avengers Endgame. The image comes via Twitter and the figure was on display at this weekends 2019 Tamashii Nations event.

SH-Figuarts-Iron-Spider-V2.jpg

Following our news earlier today about a new updated Avengers: Endgame S.H. Figuarts Iron Spider figure being shown off at the Tamashii Nations 2019 event, we now have more reveals to bring you. New images via @TendouToys show us that the new Iron Spider not only seems to come with red eyes to mimic the instant kill mode, but it also looks like it will come with a Power Gauntlet and webbing effects to re-create the scene from Endgame when he was trying to get the gauntlet across the battlefield and keep it away from Thanos.

The Captain America with broken shield, Mjölnir and lightning effects we first saw at SDCC was also on hand along with an updated Iron Man Mark 85 with weapon attachments and a Rescue figure. More information about these is expected to be revealed during the Tokyo Comic Con which takes place Fri, Nov 22, 2019 – Sun, Nov 24, 2019.

Tokyo-Comic-Con-01.jpg

Tokyo-Comic-Con-02.jpg

Tokyo-Comic-Con-03.jpg

Tokyo-Comic-Con-04.jpg

I like these but making people have to buy these expensive figures a second time to get the accessories that should have been included to begin with. It's bad enough when Hasbro does it with $20 figures but when they are $80+. Thats why I passed on the first Iron Man Mark 85, to bad I didn't wait on Cap and Spider-Man.

The iron Spidey is looking a lot better than the Infinity War one but its still looking a little off for some reason, I dont know if its just the pose on the picture or the proportions are a little weird, specially on the head/neck area, those new waldos are looking good though but I was fortunate enough that when I got my Mafex Iron Spider I didnt have any issues with my waldos (Ive been told that my figure was was part of the second production where they didnt paint the pegs that went into the back piece which prevented the paint from sticking and then causing the breakage when you tried to move the articulations I dont know if this is true or not but in any case I didnt have any issues, they do feel a little delicate but handling them with care is enough to articulate them and not break them), so I think from what Im seeing Ill probably just stick with my mafex one and pass on this SHF one.

I also agree with Jay C that its pretty cheap from SHF to include the accesories that should have come with the first releases of the figures just to get people to buy two of them, and Im also sure that hasbro will eventually release their version of the warrior thor figure so im going to wait for that one. I have to admit that the Rescue figure looks really nice (they should include a pepper head with either no helmet or the faceplate up but I doubt they will). 

I also think that its very likely they will announce a final Ironman figure later with a bunch of battle damage, the nano gauntlet, an interchangeable hand with the finger snapping pose and a beat up RDJ head. (Hasbro might also do a 3 pack with an battle damaged suit Cap with Mjolnir and the Broken Shield, Warrior Thor and battle damaged Ironman with the nano Gauntlet and and unmasked RDJ battle damaged head)