2019 Paris Comic Con Hasbro Marvel Panel - New Demogonlin and Winter Soldier

JayC

I really wasnt expecting Demogoblin, and am a bit dissapointed (not at the figure itself but the fact that its a BAF), IMO they could have easily made him a regular figure (and just pack him without a BAF piece because he came with the glider), I kind of want this figure but Im not looking forward to how hard he'll be to build since Im not really thinking of buying most of the figures in this wave.

Winter Soldier is a figure ive been waiting hasbro to remake and Im happy with what I see so far (hopefully he'll also come with an alternate head like the 2 pack they did a while back) Im thinking he'll be in the upcoming Black Widow Wave, which is cool cause it means we wont get just MCU figures, hopefully we'll get a new US Agent soon as well (on a bigger mold like the Wolf Cap or even the mold they used for hercules).  

Does anyone think that Winter Soldier's cybernetic arm is actually a flipped version of Skullbuster's right arm? I'm hoping it is, because I've been wanting to use Skullbuster for a custom for a while but haven't found a good replacement for his flesh and blood left arm (so I can make him completely robotic) until, hopefully, now. Opinions?

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Caliban-Wave-Skullbuster-Even-More-Updated-Promo-Featured.jpg

MARVEL LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH WINTER SOLDIER Figure - oop__scaled_600.jpg

Demogoblin is cool but, I agree, as a baf?? ... C’mon haha. Itll be the first time in a while that I will be looking to trade for some baf parts. M’oh well ; looooot of people have been wanting him so that’s good to see he’s happening at least.

and Winter Soldier FINALLY. But I hope the end product will have a more metallic paint on the arm. And I hope the old twinpack Winter Soldier heads will go well on this new buck

Over all, some good ones! Cheers to Hasbro

2 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

Demogoblin is cool but, I agree, as a baf?? ... C’mon haha. Itll be the first time in a while that I will be looking to trade for some baf parts. M’oh well ; looooot of people have been wanting him so that’s good to see he’s happening at least.

and Winter Soldier FINALLY. But I hope the end product will have a more metallic paint on the arm. And I hope the old twinpack Winter Soldier heads will go well on this new buck

Over all, some good ones! Cheers to Hasbro

Yeah didn't they make Hobgoblin a BAF a while back (Spider-Man infinite)?? They like using this guy for that. Frankly I don't know where it says BAFs all have to be larger figures like Hulk Buster, Kingpin, etc. but I do think this could've been just a regular self contained figure....

16 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah didn't they make Hobgoblin a BAF a while back (Spider-Man infinite)?? They like using this guy for that. Frankly I don't know where it says BAFs all have to be larger figures like Hulk Buster, Kingpin, etc. but I do think this could've been just a regular self contained figure....

At least with the Hobgoblin BAF he had massive wings. While BAFs don't have to be big, it is preferable as the idea behind a BAF should be to get figures that wouldn't get a regular release. Also if their is a regualr sized BAF, there should be a large figure in the wave to balance it out. Hasbro even said that was the reason for the Mantis BAF.

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

At least with the Hobgoblin BAF he had massive wings. While BAFs don't have to be big, it is preferable as the idea behind a BAF should be to get figures that wouldn't get a regular release. Also if their is a regualr sized BAF, there should be a large figure in the wave to balance it out. Hasbro even said that was the reason for the Mantis BAF.

Agree, although OTOH the Black Panther wave didn't have any huge figure to balance out the Okoye BAF. 

I suspect we will continue to see Goblin variants show up every year or so, seems like a popular character.  I missed out on the 616 Hobgoblin that came out a few years back, he and the Sandman wave Green Goblin are about all i need.  Demogoblin isn't really much incentive for me to complete the wave but its a pretty cool wave anyhow so i may end up building him by default, depending on how popular the 2 videogame variants turn out to be.

5 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Agree, although OTOH the Black Panther wave didn't have any huge figure to balance out the Okoye BAF. 

I suspect we will continue to see Goblin variants show up every year or so, seems like a popular character.  I missed out on the 616 Hobgoblin that came out a few years back, he and the Sandman wave Green Goblin are about all i need.  Demogoblin isn't really much incentive for me to complete the wave but its a pretty cool wave anyhow so i may end up building him by default, depending on how popular the 2 videogame variants turn out to be.

That's what makes the regular size BAF even worse, is  the idea was if there was a regular sized BAF, there should be a large figure. With the Mantis wave, Death's head II was supposed to be the BAF but that would have required more engineering, so they decided to use a mold which was BAF ready

On 10/26/2019 at 8:13 AM, monron999 said:

Amen to that, brother. I wasn't the only guy on this forum at that time that was screaming from the rafters, but I was certainly one of the loudest. I caught a lot of flack (especially from my boy @Rukkdeez who became a good friend, but is no longer on these forums) but in the end I was right, cuz there was no denying the honest truth. They were selling us half a character in the set and then "giving" us the rest of the character as a bonus. And when you put that bonus together it was about as thin and flimsy as they could make it without actually using the same plastic they use on the blister card. If they were gonna do a BAF that way and do it that cheap, they shoulda just done the whole figure and kept the stand. I woulda found a way to make due without it.

LOL. I'm still here brother (glad you are too). I just don't frequent as much anymore (by the time you read this, you'll know why). You were right  on both counts ( the figure AND  the friendship).  Normally, my stand on this subject remains intact...except for one thing in this case. If we're going to get a normal sized figure as the BAF, we should get seven figures in the wave period. Eight "normal sized figures (with one being the Build A Figure) is a good trade off from  six and  "big". This should satisfy any who believe in "more plastic for their $20. I admit when we get only 6 figs (even with a large BAF) I get disappointed. I love getting more characters and 7 figure waves greatly contributes to that. 

It should be noted, the "large BAF" (non) rule should NOT be applied to all MCU waves.  The BiB posse has to remember; if there are no oversized characters in the film, there can be no oversized figure in the wave.

I'm not gone and (thanks to my brotha from anotha) I'm not forgotten. Like AHnold, I'll be back!

Hasbro has released official packaged and loose images for the new Marvel Legends 6" Spider-Man Demogoblin Build-A-Figure wave which you can now pre-order at BigBadToyStore.com.

The PS4 Spider-Armor MK III and Velocity Suit Spider-Man figures will come 2 per case and here is how the entire wave breaks down with accessories and Demogoblin Build-A-Figure pieces.

- Spider-Armor MK III: Little webbing piece, Demogoblin Leg
- Velocity Suit Spider-Man: Webbing effect piece, Demogonlin Leg
- Superior Octopus: Octopus Arms, Demogoblin arms
- Shang-Chi: 4 pairs of hands, 2 numchuck, Demogoblin torso
- Classic Vulture: Alternate helmet head, Deomogoblin head
- *White Rabbit: Umbrella, Demogoblin Glider and flight stand

*Note Hasbro was able to include both the Demogoblin glider and flight stand with White Rabbit along with her own accessory, hence destroying the argument that the Demogoblin had to be done as a build-a-figure due to the glider size.

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-00.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-01.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-02.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-03.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-04.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-05.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-06.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-07.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-08.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-09.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-10.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-11.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-12.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-13.jpg

Amazing-Spider-Man-Demogoblin-Wave-14.jpg

13 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Just Shang Chi & Vulture for me. Thanks for saving me mucho $$ Hasbro!!

LOL I hear you! I wanted that Demo but these others aren't cutting it enough for me. Happily I can get the Vulture, and Supe Octo looks cool too. Shang-Chi is just rockin with those hands and the nunchucks, but I wanna get the original version where he has the matching top. Lets hope I don't have to wait years before that happens.

Shang-Chi-Movie-Director-Destin-Daniel.jpg