2019 Paris Comic Con Hasbro Marvel Panel - New Demogonlin and Winter Soldier

JayC

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

LOL I hear you! I wanted that Demo but these others aren't cutting it enough for me. Happily I can get the Vulture, and Supe Octo looks cool too. Shang-Chi is just rockin with those hands and the nunchucks, but I wanna get the original version where he has the matching top. Lets hope I don't have to wait years before that happens.

Shang-Chi-Movie-Director-Destin-Daniel.jpg

I'm sure we'll get that version in a wave when his movie comes out Feb 2021 I believe.

6 hours ago, Sal_g_8 said:

Which one do u think? Maybe a Lady Deathstrike? 

Maybe Pretty Boy? I do hope there's a Lady Deathstrike on the way, but I meant that most of Winter Soldier's body could be repurposed to make one of the rank-and-file characters, the way they made Skullbuster out of Deathlok. Baggy trousers, military gear, and a cybernetic arm all make for the generic workings of some random Reaver. I just know how Hasbro likes to get more use out of their unique sculpts when they can, and this feels like a solid opportunity.

23 minutes ago, Benn said:

Maybe Pretty Boy? I do hope there's a Lady Deathstrike on the way, but I meant that most of Winter Soldier's body could be repurposed to make one of the rank-and-file characters, the way they made Skullbuster out of Deathlok. Baggy trousers, military gear, and a cybernetic arm all make for the generic workings of some random Reaver. I just know how Hasbro likes to get more use out of their unique sculpts when they can, and this feels like a solid opportunity.

I hope for her too. in my opinion the most remarkable of the group is her. 

BTW for the re-use they got plenty of material! Re-paint and some little modes on this and that and magic is done. But if they do the whole group or maybe some members and not just one they should be putting her in too! 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:45 PM, Gigantor said:

I'm sure we'll get that version in a wave when his movie comes out Feb 2021 I believe.

Long as they don't let his gi interfere with his articulation, hopefully keep it as short as they can, add seams, etc. And, long as they don't make his figure orange. I never understood that !

SHANG.jpg

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Long as they don't let his gi interfere with his articulation, hopefully keep it as short as they can, add seams, etc. And, long as they don't make his figure orange. I never understood that !

SHANG.jpg

Of course they will modern him up, they always do in those cases, it's obvious. One of the reasons I'm in love with the new figure is the Bruce Lee's resemblance and I hope they'll use it a lot as inspiration for the movie 

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:06 AM, tarot said:

Demogoblin as the baf is a strange one but ill take it. We did need a new one anyway.

Winter soldier is probably the first figure of the black widow wave.

If he's the start of the Black Widow wave I'm hoping we'll get a comic accurate figure too to go along with whatever MCU version they include. She really is a character I feel they keep missing the mark on. I liked the "classic" figure that was released but like it even more with the Jean Grey head I swapped from the Dark Phoenix 2 pack. Love to see her re-released on a more robust body buck, and a glossier black paint job instead of the flat matte (which works better for covert ops but hey, I like what I like...) and also hope we'll get a comic accurate Crimson Dynamo this time around.

8 hours ago, Atlantis said:

If he's the start of the Black Widow wave I'm hoping we'll get a comic accurate figure too to go along with whatever MCU version they include. She really is a character I feel they keep missing the mark on. I liked the "classic" figure that was released but like it even more with the Jean Grey head I swapped from the Dark Phoenix 2 pack. Love to see her re-released on a more robust body buck, and a glossier black paint job instead of the flat matte (which works better for covert ops but hey, I like what I like...) and also hope we'll get a comic accurate Crimson Dynamo this time around.

Agree for the more comic accurate her, we need her so much 😍

Speaking of Crymson Dynamo, he could be the BAF of the Black Widow wave too

1 hour ago, Sal_g_8 said:

Agree for the more comic accurate her, we need her so much 😍

Speaking of Crymson Dynamo, he could be the BAF of the Black Widow wave too

Crimson Dynamo shouldn't be the BAF as he is smaller than Iron man and therefore should have a regular release (Like Demogoblin, should have been). Titanium Man or Ursa Major would make more sense

11 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Crimson Dynamo shouldn't be the BAF as he is smaller than Iron man and therefore should have a regular release (Like Demogoblin, should have been). Titanium Man or Ursa Major would make more sense

I said him cuz in some comics he's the same sizes of them but even Titanium or Ursa Major would feat fine 

11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I use the longer haired Black Widow head variant from the rider series figure on the vintage wave body. It’s the closest to the iconic version I can see. But I would also like to see a short haired Black Widow in the gray jumpsuit that was popular in the 80s/90s.

32 minutes ago, mako said:

Once again, NOBODY ever said BAFs HAD to be GIANTS. Big, little, it's just a bonus figure.

Hasbro implied it should be with the Mantis/Death's Head BaF.

Still in my opinion a BAF doesn't have to be a large figure but it should be something that wouldn't work as regular release

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Hasbro implied it should be with the Mantis/Death's Head BaF.

Still in my opinion a BAF doesn't have to be a large figure but it should be something that wouldn't work as regular release

I agree, a BAF is meant to be something of extraordinary as a release, no matter the size! 

6 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

I guess it was the sentinel and the galactus figures that set the standard and expectations of a big baf

That and the majority of BAFs have been large characters. The Mantis/Death's head BAF statements only added more full to the fire

6 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

I guess it was the sentinel and the galactus figures that set the standard and expectations of a big baf

Guess Right 😂 said it, big BAFs are wholeheartedly welcome but are not a straight rule for all BAFs.