2019 Paris Comic Con Hasbro Marvel Panel - New Demogonlin and Winter Soldier

JayC

Crimson Dynamo would be my first choice, but if Hasbro was adhering to the classic comic book look, he wouldn't be so oversized that he couldn't be packaged as a normal figure. If we're assuming that build-a-figures are larger than normal, then I agree Titanium Man or Iron Monger would make the most sense, either of which could be roughly the size of the Hulkbuster from a few waves back. 

On 10/28/2019 at 12:37 AM, JayC said:

*Note Hasbro was able to include both the Demogoblin glider and flight stand with White Rabbit along with her own accessory, hence destroying the argument that the Demogoblin had to be done as a build-a-figure due to the glider size.

WOW. You've uncovered a REAL criminal conspiracy! Mommy and daddy must be SO proud of their special little boy!

Seriously, who cares.

42 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

WOW. You've uncovered a REAL criminal conspiracy! Mommy and daddy must be SO proud of their special little boy!

Seriously, who cares.

I would guess that people who wanted a  Demogoblin figure  but don't feel like buying 6 figures to build him probably care.  Kind of how i feel about the Bro Thor BAF.  But I'm guessing we'll see him again in a box set at some point.  

But honestly, its pretty natural for people to get upset when a normal-sized character that people want ends up being a BAF, since it entails buying extra figures that you might not ordinarily purchase, to obtain a figure that could just as easily have been sold on its own. And these days, i'm more in favor of hasbro selling even "Big figures" solo or as part of a 2-pack rather than obtaining them as BAFs.  Just less hassle and also the figures just seem to be sturdier, whereas a lot of my big BAFs have loose joints and/or ab crunchs, or just have  limbs that fall off easily. when you're posing the figure. 

3 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Seriously, who cares.

I do and others who want Demogoblin but would rather pay 30 quid in stead of 180 quid for a character, especially when Hasbro even stated that the Glider was too big for a standard accessory.

Weren't Angela and Songbird also both fan poll winners?  I mean, i like both figures (and plan on getting White Rabbit as well), but Songbird pegwarmed like crazy and i remember seeing Angela on clearance for $5 at Walmart (along with Kid Nova).   I'm sure that have been some fan poll winners that were hot sellers, but if i were hasbro i might start questioning whether making figures based on the results of such polls is a wise decision.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Weren't Angela and Songbird also both fan poll winners?  I mean, i like both figures (and plan on getting White Rabbit as well), but Songbird pegwarmed like crazy and i remember seeing Angela on clearance for $5 at Walmart (along with Kid Nova).   I'm sure that have been some fan poll winners that were hot sellers, but if i were hasbro i might start questioning whether making figures based on the results of such polls is a wise decision.

They made a quite smart decision : let the people choose, or better... Let the majority between them choose 

5 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

The thing about fan polls is that Hasbro also have an agenda on what figures they want to make hence the choices  (the Power of the Primes Transformer Fan Poll is a good example) but it is the fans who decide even if the choices can be poor. 

15 hours ago, mako said:

Right idea, just not via fan poll. No poll can give you an accurate representation of your market. All they can give you are percentages, and that means nothing unless you have 100 % participation in the poll itself (everyone who collects Marvel Legends).

Best bet, let the receipts decide. Make White Rabbit, if nobody buys her, don't make her again. Sure, you'll occasionally end up taking a bath in She-Beetles or MCU Wasps, but hard lessons are the best learned.

Well said! 

12 hours ago, leokearon said:

The thing about fan polls is that Hasbro also have an agenda on what figures they want to make hence the choices  (the Power of the Primes Transformer Fan Poll is a good example) but it is the fans who decide even if the choices can be poor. 

And when you have marvel legends collectors fans to run the fan poll the game is done 

5 hours ago, Sal_g_8 said:

And when you have marvel legends collectors fans to run the fan poll the game is done 

I mean, clearly its not a scientific poll (i.e., you're not dealing with a random sample of ML collectors).  I can't recall seeing one of these polls (although i completed one for Black Series awhile back) but would be interested in seeing what choices they offered.  Of course they are fun ( much like the polls that leokaron posts here), build up some hype for the line, and  promote the idea that hasbro is listening to what collectors have to say, so there multiple benefits.....but the results are not necessarily going to be representative of what the overall population of collectors would want.  And of course being constrained to limited choices means that even the choice people selected might not be one they are super-enthusiastic about, instead being just the best option of the bunch.

50 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I mean, clearly its not a scientific poll (i.e., you're not dealing with a random sample of ML collectors).  I can't recall seeing one of these polls (although i completed one for Black Series awhile back) but would be interested in seeing what choices they offered.  Of course they are fun ( much like the polls that leokaron posts here), build up some hype for the line, and  promote the idea that hasbro is listening to what collectors have to say, so there multiple benefits.....but the results are not necessarily going to be representative of what the overall population of collectors would want.  And of course being constrained to limited choices means that even the choice people selected might not be one they are super-enthusiastic about, instead being just the best option of the bunch.

The Choices are always a problem, like the recent TF poll had two opinions based on characters that had recently gotten updates, so already your choices were down to two.

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

The Choices are always a problem, like the recent TF poll had two opinions based on characters that had recently gotten updates, so already your choices were down to two.

Limited choices already limits the poll itself, that's a shame... kills most of the chances