Jump to content
JayC

2019 MCM Comic Con London Hasbro Marvel Panel

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Benn said:

Man, I'm happy for all you F4 fans! The new Super Skrull looks so much better than the old one posted above! It seems like a really solid wave.

That it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we will get some more reveals this weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 12:14 PM, JayC said:

Today we are bringing you coverage of the Hasbro Marvel panel taking place at the 2019 MCM London Comic Con. We are providing a live-stream of the panel via the folks at Plastic Action UK.

We will also update with any new product reveals made during the panel and slide images as they become available.

They announced Spymaster (comic). Probably another figure for the Black Widow themed wave. The Winter Soldier (comic) which was revealed yesterday during the Paris Comic Con will also likely be part of this wave.

For Fantastic Four they announced the Build-A-Figure as Super-Skrull.

We got an updated look at the Strong Guy Build-A-Figure as well which will be included in the next X-Force themed wave.

To recap the Fantastic Four wave will include figures of Reed, Sue, Johnny and Thing in their most current uniforms as well as modern She-Hulk and Dr. Doom.

The the figures in the X-Force wave we know of include X-Force Sunspot, Warpath and Deadpool (blue and gold outfit). There are still at least 3 unknown figures for that wave.

Both the new <b>Spider-Man themed wave with the Demogoblin Build-A-Figure</b> and the <b>Fantastic Four</b> wave will be available for pre-order startting tomorrow (10/28).

Stay-tuned for booth images to come soon.

Hasbro-Marvel-MCM.jpg

 

 

 

 

Marvel-Legends-London-MCM-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-London-MCM-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-London-MCM-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-London-MCM-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-London-MCM-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-London-MCM-06.jpg

Cannot immagine the hype figure by figure... My best at the moment are the Spidey ones, She Hulk, Super Skrull, Doom, The Thing, DEMO GOBLIN... and SHANG-CHI 🤩 which are yours? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Even though I'm skipping most of this wave because I'm not a fan of the modern designs of the Four and She-Hulk, I am super happy that a lot of people seem excited about it and are buying them. The worst thing would be for this wave to utterly tank and send the wrong message to Hasbro that fans don't want more Fantastic Four characters.

I fully agree, I had been waiting for some quality FF figures for so long I'm going to scoop up everything I can afford to get while the getting is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last Thing figure I had was the one from the movie 😢 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DJ_Ole said:

I don't understand this animosity towards MCU fans. What, like only the comics readers are worthy of having an opinion to which characters Hasbro should make? I was never a big Marvel comics fan. I watched a lot of animated series growing up and I'm a big MCU fan. I only started reading some comics due to interest coming from watching the shows.

I do believe that Marvel survived thanks to TV and Cinema. They were going bankrupt with their comics. Isn't that the reason why they sold their properties to Sony, Fox, etc.?

Comics were big in that golden age of comics, but we cannot deny now it's TV and Cinema that are more popular. So, this being a pop culture, I believe MCU fans have the same right to shape their desires and express their opinions as do comics fans.

Don't think its animosity towards MCU fans, but when someone asks "who the hell is (blank) or who asked for (blank)", it behooves us to try to answer their question....and Educate them. If youre an MCU fan, that's great, but understand that everything great about the MCU came from the comics. Without Marvel Comics, there simply is no MCU.

Sadly, some people seem to think if they never heard of a thing, then that thing isn't relevant. But if youre watching Endgame and theres the scene in Dr. Pym's lab where there's a big silvery helmet with antennae on his desk? That's the original Ant-Man helmet. Captain America movie, look at the World's Fair scene. The guy in the red jumpsuit in the large tube? That's the Original Human Torch. Comic book fans know not only did he fight in WW2 alongside Cap and Sub-Mariner, his android body would be the basis for another android decades later- the Vision. Iron Man 2, there's a map of Africa in the background and a pinpoint to Wakanda. There was a HUGE cheer in the theatre then,, because fans knew what that meant. Not to mention all the little after-credit scenes in the movies with Thanos...comic guys knew instantly who that was, and some big crap was about to break off. But if you only know the MCU, that purple dude has no meaning.

There's plenty of room for both comic and MCU fans. MCU only fans definitely have the right to express opinions. The great thing is, you can always get some back issues of the comics to see where the inspiration for the movies come from. Its a fantastic time for superheroes! Figures, TV, Movies and Comics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, monron999 said:

Lol, I love that you never break character like you're actually one of the three. It's entertaining at the very least.

As for your popularity versus Spymaster, well that's debatable. I was never a particular fan and I was a huge Thor fan. They (you) were rarely an intrigal part of the story. They (you) were mostly a tertiary way of explain how to locate weapons, where to find gold, directions to some place, drivers of vehicles, some comedy relief, kinda exactly as they (you) were in the movies. Kinda like the townsfolk in a Pokemon game or your average run of the mill RPG. I really don't think they (you) are quite as popular and in demand as one (you) might think. That's just my personal opinion, but I've specifically heard people request characters like Blacklash, Spymaster, Controller, Rock Python, even Arsenal, but in all honesty I really don't remember anyone asking for Warriors Three. I could be wrong.

I've asked for the MCU versions of the Warriors Three, don't know if that counts 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Having an opinion is one thing, saying stuff like "Who the hell ever asked for Spymaster" is another thing.  Can you see the difference between that comment and something like "I don't want a spymaster figure".  Plus the poster making that comment wasn't arguing for more mcu guys, as far as i can tell you are the one turning this into comics vs mcu.  He  was arguing that the Warriors three should've been made first, which of course makes no sense in a black widow wave but whatever. Given that their screen name is Hogun, i'm guessing they are a little obsessed with that trio.

I think the one turning it into Comics vs MCU was Gigantor when he said "ever actually read an Iron Man comic or just MCU fan?" Which comes off as dismissive. As if my opinion were of no value since I'm just an MCU fan.

I'm not siding with Hogun, though, he's entertaining for some but to me his gimmick got old too fast. Plus, as you said, all he wants is Warriors Three, not MCU... I'm not even sure he'd want them MCU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Don't think its animosity towards MCU fans, but when someone asks "who the hell is (blank) or who asked for (blank)", it behooves us to try to answer their question....and Educate them. If youre an MCU fan, that's great, but understand that everything great about the MCU came from the comics. Without Marvel Comics, there simply is no MCU.

Sadly, some people seem to think if they never heard of a thing, then that thing isn't relevant. But if youre watching Endgame and theres the scene in Dr. Pym's lab where there's a big silvery helmet with antennae on his desk? That's the original Ant-Man helmet. Captain America movie, look at the World's Fair scene. The guy in the red jumpsuit in the large tube? That's the Original Human Torch. Comic book fans know not only did he fight in WW2 alongside Cap and Sub-Mariner, his android body would be the basis for another android decades later- the Vision. Iron Man 2, there's a map of Africa in the background and a pinpoint to Wakanda. There was a HUGE cheer in the theatre then,, because fans knew what that meant. Not to mention all the little after-credit scenes in the movies with Thanos...comic guys knew instantly who that was, and some big crap was about to break off. But if you only know the MCU, that purple dude has no meaning.

There's plenty of room for both comic and MCU fans. MCU only fans definitely have the right to express opinions. The great thing is, you can always get some back issues of the comics to see where the inspiration for the movies come from. Its a fantastic time for superheroes! Figures, TV, Movies and Comics!

I agree on everything, but one thing is educating someone on who that character is, and another is dismissing them for not reading comics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 1:50 AM, memocromatico said:

You must know dudes with very weird facial structure and body types.

Haha very funny, But I want a more classic one. This new one looks like an angry feminist on steroids. 

I mean a more feminine looking. They had an opportunity on the A-Force box set, but failed and failed bad. 

Even the first appearance would be better. 

she_hulk_vol_2_1_textless.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 1:18 AM, Jeddostotle7 said:

...no she doesn't??? she just looks like a somewhat less conventionally attractive woman who happens to be angry, facially

ahahahha

yeah right...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted this done right

s-l640.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally discovered some Marvel characters by figures themselves... They looked cool n I just thought "ok I buy it but I'd like to know more about it" 

Lucky back in the day figs like the toybiz ones came to help including awesome comicbooks inside 😎

Some of the guys I've known about this way are Carnage and Man-Spider (man, that toybiz back in the day freaked me out). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bout the She Hulk Fig... yeah, I'm happy with that but I just wish there was an interchangeable smirking or smiling head 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I think the one turning it into Comics vs MCU was Gigantor when he said "ever actually read an Iron Man comic or just MCU fan?" Which comes off as dismissive. As if my opinion were of no value since I'm just an MCU fan.

I'm not siding with Hogun, though, he's entertaining for some but to me his gimmick got old too fast. Plus, as you said, all he wants is Warriors Three, not MCU... I'm not even sure he'd want them MCU.

Thanks, that's exactly what got to me. It felt dismissive.

Regarding Hogun, to be honest, I don't like when someone is saying who asked for this or that, but I figured he was joking, speaking in first person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Don't think its animosity towards MCU fans, but when someone asks "who the hell is (blank) or who asked for (blank)", it behooves us to try to answer their question....and Educate them. If youre an MCU fan, that's great, but understand that everything great about the MCU came from the comics. Without Marvel Comics, there simply is no MCU.

Sadly, some people seem to think if they never heard of a thing, then that thing isn't relevant. But if youre watching Endgame and theres the scene in Dr. Pym's lab where there's a big silvery helmet with antennae on his desk? That's the original Ant-Man helmet. Captain America movie, look at the World's Fair scene. The guy in the red jumpsuit in the large tube? That's the Original Human Torch. Comic book fans know not only did he fight in WW2 alongside Cap and Sub-Mariner, his android body would be the basis for another android decades later- the Vision. Iron Man 2, there's a map of Africa in the background and a pinpoint to Wakanda. There was a HUGE cheer in the theatre then,, because fans knew what that meant. Not to mention all the little after-credit scenes in the movies with Thanos...comic guys knew instantly who that was, and some big crap was about to break off. But if you only know the MCU, that purple dude has no meaning.

There's plenty of room for both comic and MCU fans. MCU only fans definitely have the right to express opinions. The great thing is, you can always get some back issues of the comics to see where the inspiration for the movies come from. Its a fantastic time for superheroes! Figures, TV, Movies and Comics!

Hey, I fully agree with you and appreciate your comment. I think @memocromaticoexplained very well what bothered me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DJ_Ole said:

Hey, I fully agree with you and appreciate your comment. I think @memocromaticoexplained very well what bothered me.

 

Yeah mee too. Comics and movies are different stuff but everything comes from some other thing, the key I thinks is appreciate both! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I've asked for the MCU versions of the Warriors Three, don't know if that counts 😛

Of course it counts, but I've also asked for characters like Sin Eater, Headsman and Stingray (everyone's got their own faves), but I know how on the fringe they are so I'm really not that surprised or disappointed when other fringe characters slip in a place that I thought was suited for my guys. It's just the way of the game. Did anyone ask for Citizen V or Iron Skull. I'm sure a few people were ecstatic but by in large a buncha people only bought them for the BAF. I could see a Warriors Three as a multi-pack in the comic style as they could mostly use existing bucks, but I don't think Hasbro has enough confidence in the popularity of the character to do 3 specific sculpts that it would most likely take to do an accurate MCU take on them. Then again, I never thought there would be a Luis figure either. But honestly, he was little more than a head sculpt and a few small tweaks to the done and redone anorexic suit sculpt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Of course it counts, but I've also asked for characters like Sin Eater, Headsman and Stingray (everyone's got their own faves), but I know how on the fringe they are so I'm really not that surprised or disappointed when other fringe characters slip in a place that I thought was suited for my guys. It's just the way of the game. Did anyone ask for Citizen V or Iron Skull. I'm sure a few people were ecstatic but by in large a buncha people only bought them for the BAF. I could see a Warriors Three as a multi-pack in the comic style as they could mostly use existing bucks, but I don't think Hasbro has enough confidence in the popularity of the character to do 3 specific sculpts that it would most likely take to do an accurate MCU take on them. Then again, I never thought there would be a Luis figure either. But honestly, he was little more than a head sculpt and a few small tweaks to the done and redone anorexic suit sculpt.

Maybe a Warriors Three in one pack or with two or three more characters for an Odin or a Destroyer BAF 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, a comic Volstagg figure doesn't seem like it could be made easily using existing bucks.  I suppose the other two would be easy enough though, so I could see Hasbro taking a shot at tossing one of them into an avengers wave.  I'm not sure how a box set would do, these guys don't quite have the cachet of even alpha flight (and i say that as a fan of the trio, especially Volstagg)

As far as mcu, i doubt we will ever get figures.  The trio was used fairly well in the 1st Thor movies but were barely there in Dark World and the less said about their Ragnarok appearances the better. Too bad as i thought Ray Stevenson in particular was good as Volstagg.  I suppose its possible they could show up in Loki's series, which would be cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four years ago I'd hoped the MCU could grow to SW levels of toy collecting, getting MJ, Luis, Ross, even Claire Temple... I think it's sort of an indication that it could. Maybe one day we'll get every character ever on-screen. Maybe... live in the hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

I dunno, a comic Volstagg figure doesn't seem like it could be made easily using existing bucks.  I suppose the other two would be easy enough though, so I could see Hasbro taking a shot at tossing one of them into an avengers wave.  I'm not sure how a box set would do, these guys don't quite have the cachet of even alpha flight (and i say that as a fan of the trio, especially Volstagg)

As far as mcu, i doubt we will ever get figures.  The trio was used fairly well in the 1st Thor movies but were barely there in Dark World and the less said about their Ragnarok appearances the better. Too bad as i thought Ray Stevenson in particular was good as Volstagg.  I suppose its possible they could show up in Loki's series, which would be cool. 

Maybe they could launch them in figs just because of the series! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, memocromatico said:

Four years ago I'd hoped the MCU could grow to SW levels of toy collecting, getting MJ, Luis, Ross, even Claire Temple... I think it's sort of an indication that it could. Maybe one day we'll get every character ever on-screen. Maybe... live in the hope.

Hope dies last 🤞🏼🍀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 9:06 AM, leokearon said:

That's Cosmic Ghost Rider, not Dan Ketch who was the Ghost Rider on the New F4

I hear ya, So which versions you want

Fantastic-Four-Vol.-1-347-1990.jpg

or  2488014-943032-new_fantastic_4_large.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't beat the classics... I choose Classic Ghost Rider without esitation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Shop for Marvel Action Figures

  • Topics

  • Posts



×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE