2019 LUCCA Convention Hasbro Marvel Panel

JayC

Today we are bringing you coverage of the 2019 LUCCA Hasbro Marvel, Star Wars and Transformers panel taking place this morning. You can check out a live-stream of the panel below via the folks at Guerrestellari.net.

We will also update with information and slide images for any new product revealed here for the first time as they become available. The panel will last for 1 hour and 45 minutes and is said to feature Rickey Purdin, Director of Talent Relations for Marvel Entertainment who will join Hasbro’s Dan Yun from Hasbro's Marvel brand team for a discussion around Marvel’s 80th Anniversary including a first look at new action figures from the Marvel Legends Series. The panel will also feature exciting Star Wars news, including reveals on the Star Wars: The Black Series, and Star Wars: The Vintage Collection action figure lines with Sam Smith from the Hasbro Star Wars design team and Patrick Schneider from the Hasbro Star Wars brand team. Fans will also hear the latest updates from the Transformers brand.

Things kicked off with Transformers.

Star Wars followed Transformers but there has been an issue with connectivity there so we have switched to just posting images of slides for new items if they can't get the live-stream back. You can check out the Star Wars reveals over on JediInsider.com.

For Star Wars they announced a new <b>Black Series Plo Koon</b> and <b>Kit Visto</b> as well as a <b>Vintage Collection Clone Trooper</b>.

The Marvel portion of the panel has begun, but of course the new reveals won't be until the end.

New Marvel Legends that were revealed include a new Crossbones which is likely another figure for the Black Widow wave and a Age of Apocalypse Sunfire and Wild Child which will be part of the X-Men Age of Apocalypse wave Hasbro first announced at SDCC. See images below via Leandro Romani.

The Age Of Apocalypse themed X-Man figures announced during SDCC included (Nathan Summers), Weapon X and Morph figures.

Panel is over. We should have some more images of these figures from the Hasbro booth up soon.

Also check back tomorrow as Hasbro will be holding a second Marvel panel at the Barcelona Comic Con where additional reveals are expected to be made. That one takes place at 11:30am ET.

LUCCA-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Age-Of-Apocalypse-Sunfire.jpg

LUCCA-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Crossbones.jpg

LUCCA-Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Wildchild.jpg

New Marvel Legends that were revealed include a new Crossbones which is likely another figure for the Black Widow wave and a Age of Apocalypse Sunfire and Wildchild which will be part of the X-Men Age of Apocalypse Hasbro first announced at SDCC. See images below via Leandro Romani

Crossbone!!! I wonder if it's the omega red body.

AOA Sunfire is no surprise given how that design is a fan favourite and was brought into the main universe for a short periods. (although I wish they waited for the second wave for that)

Wildchild is the best news yet. New character (granted we still haven't gotten his Prime version) and a hug indication that a certain character is almost garuanteed at this stage. Bring on an Updated Sabretooth!!!

1 minute ago, bashpics99 said:

Thanks for the update.

Crossbones looks awesome!!

Don't know much about AoA Sunfire as i've never read AoA... but very cool looking figure so i may end up getting him.

Not much familiarity or interest in Wild Child, personally.

yeah Wild Child is another AOA character or this version. In the regular MU he comes from the Alpha Flight books.

10 minutes ago, tarot said:

Wildchild is the best news yet. New character (granted we still haven't gotten his Prime version) and a hug indication that a certain character is almost garuanteed at this stage. Bring on an Updated Sabretooth!!!

My sentiments exactly. I've wanted a Wild Child ever since the superb (if a little undersized) AOA Sabretooth from back in the Toybiz days. Devout fanboys are gonna love it. Obscure haters are gonna loath it. I think it's a beautiful thing. AOA Sabretooth is not far behind. Sunfire is an amazing design and it's good to see it the action figure treatment it deserves. I've still got about 5 unopened ones from the first attempt in the Dark Days. The TJ Maxx where I used to live was drowning in them and I think I got em for like $5 each. Crossbones....finally. We need to get the taste of any figure made on that old Hulkling buck out of our mouths for good. This Black Widow wave is giving us a lot of good product from the Captain America and Avengers world. With stuff like this I'm hoping this is a movie that's really worthy of an "Emergency 2nd Wave",

11 minutes ago, JayC said:

yeah Wild Child is another AOA character or this version. In the regular MU he comes from the Alpha Flight books.

Another product of the Weapon X program. If they do make a mainstream version I'm torn with whether I'd prefer an original version (which would be very similar to this AOA version), an Alpha Flight Weapon Omega version (which would be a simple repaint of the same Pizza Spidey buck), or the more modern punk rock version. Alternate long hair and bald head sculpts would be pretty cool too.

6 minutes ago, JayC said:

I am going to make an assumption the AoA wave will be Nathan Summer, Weapon X, Morph, Sunfire, Wild Child and Sabretooth with Apocalypse being the BAF.

actually a someone suggested that Sabretooth might be the baf and thinking of it now, it does seem like a perfect choice. that plus we really need something for the ladies side of the story to fill out the wave.

Just now, tarot said:

actually a reader on my sight suggested that Sabretooth might be the baf and thinking of it now, it does seem like a perfect choice. that plus we really need something for the ladies side of the story to fill out the wave.

Doubt it. Your not going to do a AoA wave without Apocalypse and he is much better suited for the BAF treatment than Sabretooth.

Just now, tarot said:

actually a someone suggested that Sabretooth might be the baf and thinking of it now, it does seem like a perfect choice. that plus we really need something for the ladies side of the story to fill out the wave.

What about AOA Rogue? She was in the art they used for the Sunfire reveal and Hasbro's notorious for throwing out those little Easter Eggs like that.

Just now, tarot said:

that was my thought too. IF they do a second wave then her husband and be in that with Rogue being in this wave.

Well it is possible it could be a 7 figure wave and not 6, at which point Rogue could be likely. But I would be very surprised if Apocalypse wasn't the BAF. And its also hard to think they would do Wild Child without Sabretooth.

I get the rationale behind remaking Toy Biz figures...I don't always agree we need some of the updates, but I get it. Having "re-dos" of ones Hasbro has already made is frustrating. There are still, what?, 300 characters in need of figures? Its the 80 Year anniversary and the guy on Marvel Comics #1 (Hammond) still does not have a figure 😞

1 hour ago, JayC said:

I am going to make an assumption the AoA wave will be Nathan Summer, Weapon X, Morph, Sunfire, Wild Child and Sabretooth with Apocalypse being the BAF.

Only 6 figures? I know that seems to be the trend for 2020 so far, but I feel like it should be 7. My guess would be Magneto or Rogue for the 7th.

3 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

Only 6 figures? I know that seems to be the trend for 2020 so far, but I feel like it should be 7. My guess would be Magneto or Rogue for the 7th.

If it is a 7 figure wave which is possible then a female character like Rogue would seem like the most likely candidate.