2019 LUCCA Convention Hasbro Marvel Panel

JayC

6 minutes ago, tarot said:

Dont forget he was always standing next to the over size sabretooth

Still I feel he is far too oversized, he is on a standard grown buck (Pizza Spidey) He should be far smaller, like 4 foot range seems like how he was always depicted (or generally anyways even though Sabretooth is "bigger" than average) , Like I'm just saying I would have always felt him better suited as a pack-in, but hey like all comics it's all up to various artist renditions and nothing is concrete in terms of actual size and such

spacer.pngspacer.png

20 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Still I feel he is far too oversized, he is on a standard grown buck (Pizza Spidey) He should be far smaller, like 4 foot range seems like how he was always depicted (or generally anyways even though Sabretooth is "bigger" than average) , Like I'm just saying I would have always felt him better suited as a pack-in, but hey like all comics it's all up to various artist renditions and nothing is concrete in terms of actual size and such

Nah, he's a normal-sized guy.  He just crouched all the time and Joe Mad drew Sabretooth really big.  I gotta say, though: he looks pretty terrifying in that old Toybiz rendition, like a demonic little circus monkey or something.

wc1.thumb.JPG.8d0eb31fc8299fd6c91d2c848fcab2a2.JPGwc2.thumb.JPG.091245228421d3737edd545ffa9f43aa.JPGwc3.thumb.JPG.462f852cd893231b441ea4c6abfc79dd.JPGwc4.thumb.JPG.e428f88e5a79aa5b993dc3b2ea2b804a.JPGwc5.thumb.JPG.579acc6422dfd4bf73b43d737889a387.JPGwc6.thumb.JPG.c5e7b09cb56f5f12a21945dd2e5a02c1.JPG

2 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Nah, he's a normal-sized guy.  He just crouched all the time and Joe Mad drew Sabretooth really big.  I gotta say, though: he looks pretty terrifying in that old Toybiz rendition, like a demonic little circus monkey or something.

wc1.thumb.JPG.8d0eb31fc8299fd6c91d2c848fcab2a2.JPGwc2.thumb.JPG.091245228421d3737edd545ffa9f43aa.JPGwc3.thumb.JPG.462f852cd893231b441ea4c6abfc79dd.JPGwc4.thumb.JPG.e428f88e5a79aa5b993dc3b2ea2b804a.JPGwc5.thumb.JPG.579acc6422dfd4bf73b43d737889a387.JPGwc6.thumb.JPG.c5e7b09cb56f5f12a21945dd2e5a02c1.JPG

Well there you go, I have not cracked open any of my AOA books in along long time, so I just had various mental images of him and him being super small (like the 90's Action Figure), so fair enough I don't have to feel anyways about this figure anymore in terms of size problems, but he still doesn't interest me any hoos

5 minutes ago, tarot said:

Aw dam  it does look like the hyperion buck

LoL I love how sad people seem to be about that Hyperion buck, it's not so bad, and looks good for Crossbones , but I can almost hear the sounds of woe coming from people with the thought of the Hype buck

8 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

LoL I love how sad people seem to be about that Hyperion buck, it's not so bad, and looks good for Crossbones , but I can almost hear the sounds of woe coming from people with the thought of the Hype buck

Can't say I've had any real issues with the Hyperion wave.

18 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I've never really had all that much issue with the Hyperion buck. To me it holds up just as well as the Bucky Cap buck and in this case it is very appropriate for the character, but a while back they used a mold for the Odinson figure which was basically an updated version of the Hyperion buck. I just wonder why it's not being utilized more.

Also, I'm not understanding why they chose the Pizza Spidey buck for AOA Sunfire rather than the Bullseye buck.

PS. Is anyone else wondering whose holding Wildchild's chain?

So just a FYI for tomorrow. The Hasbro panel in Barcelona starts at 11:30am ET but this seems to be such an obscure convention I have not been able to find anyone who is going or covering it. I don't think there will be any live streams of it, and honestly might not find out whats revealed until Hasbro releases official images which likely wont be until late afternoon.

I will do my best to get coverage up as quickly as possible but good chance its not going to be right as the panel happens like with these other conventions.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hey I wish it didn't bother me!!, but I'm absolutely one of those people lol; I wouldnt say sad but just... ok yeah sad haha It's just so corny looking !! It does look good on him straight forward though and probably looks best on him from what I can judge, as far as all the other guys using the bare torso. Not a deal breaker for me but... they have newer, way better options now that I wish they would've used instead. The only legend I didn't get bc of that buck was Venom.🙄

Yay! Nearly a whole AOA x-team? Never, never, never thought I'd see even the likes of Blink or X-Man as Legends. But Wild Child now? And at least one more??? Lordy. Blissful, total toyhappinessoverdose.

Alternate reality/history events in comics have become so lazy and clichéd (see DC's recent 'Metal', then feel the pain) that it's easy to forget just how good, and influential, the AOA story arc actually was. And for the purposes of whacking out new Legends, it's a goldmine.

The radical character redesigns were, and are, MONEY, and I don't think many here would object to an AOA Jean Grey (already prototyped), Rogue, Exodus, Shadowcat, Colossus, Banshee, Abyss, Sinister, Nemesis (aka Holocaust), Cyclops...I'm just listing names now, but I guess that's the point.

Between 1993 and 1999, in a decade of complete and utter costume (and character) blah, all the AOA x-characters had coherent, eye-popping, thematically consistent designs, which made sense, looked great and meta-referenced key X-events or character histories (Shadowcat's Wolverine claws; Storm's 'little Ororo' hair; Cyclops, for the first & only time, has one eye; Sabertooth & Wildchild's weird buddy system; Bishop's prophet of doom costume). 

Until now, though, the characters have never really translated well to toys. Toy Biz's 5" & 6" Marvel Legends just stank and Hasbro's 'Legends reborn' Nemesis (which still looks great, even today, but has a hard plastic, hinged canopy guaranteed to break) have all had issues. Even Blink, perfect in every other way, is Exiles Blink, not AOA blink. Ironically, the Toyfare Exclusive ML Sunfire is perfect, but he gets a do-over anyway...

For the BAF, yeah: AOA Apocalypse would be a very, very safe bet. And, as for a seventh character, I'd also put money on that, and the character really has to be Sabertooth. You literally can't have Wildchild on his own, so AOA Sabertooth has to be done.

Question about AOA Sunfire, is his black "underwear" bothering anyone else? I guess it's been awhile since I've cracked open my AOA books, but I don't remember them being "brief" styled.

I agree with everyone else, WildChild feels incomplete without a Sabretooth. That said I really hope the 6th reveal is AOA Rogue, complete with a cloak. This whole wave is kinda lacklustre and that's coming from an X-fan, and the Wild Child reveal doesn't help it one bit. If there's a 7th figure, I hope it's also a female figure.

3 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Question about AOA Sunfire, is his black "underwear" bothering anyone else? I guess it's been awhile since I've cracked open my AOA books, but I don't remember them being "brief" styled.

Agree with you on that. Hopefully the image is just an early reveal that Hasbro is still tweaking and the final product will look more like it should...

ae49537a671e7182e4ba7414df2fd992.jpg