2019 LUCCA Convention Hasbro Marvel Panel

JayC

If I was still collecting Marvel villians I would be upset that Crossbones is still using that chest (at the very least they should have used the Unworthy Thor remolded Chest which is a lot better in proportions with the remolded pecks), still since Im not planning on getting him I wont complain.

As for the AOA figures Im all in, love that saga and have been wanting decent AOA based figures since they old pre-legends toybiz ones, as many have said its likely that we'll see Sabrethooth in this wave too (I would like to see him in the Omega Red mold but knowing hasbro that they like to keep diferent versions of the same character in the same mold its very likely we'll get him in the hyperion mold, hopefully with this one they do use the updated odinson chest, though the collar will probably help hide the weird pecs shelf if they use the regular hyperion mold), Im also thinking that this might be a 7 figure wave if not an 8 (though I think 7 will be more likely, for X-men waves Hasbro usually makes 7 figure waves, so hopefully we´ll still get a couple more figures in this wave)

As Hasbro is releasing previously hard to find figures my vote for the 6th figure is AoA Jean Grey and the BAF to be remake of Nemesis or AoA Sabretooth for the Wildchild and keep other "must buy" AoA for a second wave (Magneto, Cyclops, Rogue, BAF Apocalipse) ... just thinking Loud 

1 hour ago, tarot said:

For those saying they should add a vest to crossbones, no they shouldn't as they are using this design (his original and classic design.) they only change if for the winter soldier arc.

crossbones03originaldesign.jpg

Ya, just look at the art work accompanying the picture of the figure shown on the overhead screen shot. Yes, he's worn a vest at times but that is not the version of the character in the source material they used.

3 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I know Hasbro doesn't really do "artist series" but I would LOVE if Rogue, Blink, and Magneto were modeled of off Joe Mad's work!

Right there with you man. Joe Mad's art and costume designs and the Astonishing X-men series is what made the mini series work for me. Unfortunately we just got a Blink that looks like it was based more on her Exiles look and I doubt Hasbro would rerelease her so soon, with minor updates.

8 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I know Hasbro doesn't really do "artist series" but I would LOVE if Rogue, Blink, and Magneto were modeled of off Joe Mad's work!

I love Mad's work and it is iconic in the AOA and in X-Men in general, but the minute Hasbro starts that kinda DC Collectible type gimmicks I'm out. Like I said, not that I don't love and respect the artist, but I have a hard enough time getting over some of the out of scale weirdness Hasbro does at times, much less trying to fit a certain artist's dimensional interpretation into my mostly standardized collection. It's a freaking OCD nightmare. But for anyone who's looking for that kinda deviation (artists, animation, story arch, classic art), it looks like McFarlane is dead set on screwing up DC Multiverse with his weirdo "I'm the center of the universe" idealism.

14 hours ago, monron999 said:

Also, I'm not understanding why they chose the Pizza Spidey buck for AOA Sunfire rather than the Bullseye buck.

I think I answered my own question. It looks like that is the Bullseye (ANAD Spidey 2099) on Sunfire, it's just the way the figure is posed that makes it look like the Pizza Spidey mold. The surefire tell is the legs. The Bullseye buck's legs are much more muscular looking.

Now that we know the whole wave, save for the BAF, I think this is a weak Wave 1. I guess they don't have Magneto here because they just released the Family Matters 3-pack, not to mention the black-costumed Magneto in the Apocalypse BAF wave and so they'll wait for Wave 2. I suppose they wanted to separate WildChild and Sabretooth (if he's not the BAF) between waves that's why WC is here but he seems like half a figure without Victor.

This wave seems to be full of second-tier characters.

Probably personal preference but I would've wanted to see The Animated Series Morph before the AOA Morph. Joe Mad! had some great character designs in his AOA Astonishing X-men run. AOA Morph wasn't one of them. At least AOA Sunfire looks nice and he'll probably be one of the better-selling characters in this Wave. I wanted an X-man/Nate Grey character but the pics leave a lot to be desired. Hoping he looks better on-hand. That Weapon X, especially that hair, looks terrible.

Dark Beast is ok I guess. Jean Grey will be a first day purchase and/or a pre-order from Hasbro Pulse when she goes up, along with Sunfire, maybe.

Wave 2 is looking better and better already.

Must haves: Rogue, Cyclops, Storm, Magneto (with braids!).

5 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Now that we know the whole wave, save for the BAF, I think this is a weak Wave 1. I guess they don't have Magneto here because they just released the Family Matters 3-pack, not to mention the black-costumed Magneto in the Apocalypse BAF wave and so they'll wait for Wave 2. I suppose they wanted to separate WildChild and Sabretooth (if he's not the BAF) between waves that's why WC is here but he seems like half a figure without Victor.

This wave seems to be full of second-tier characters.

Probably personal preference but I would've wanted to see The Animated Series Morph before the AOA Morph. Joe Mad! had some great character designs in his AOA Astonishing X-men run. AOA Morph wasn't one of them. At least AOA Sunfire looks nice and he'll probably be one of the better-selling characters in this Wave. I wanted an X-man/Nate Grey character but the pics leave a lot to be desired. Hoping he looks better on-hand. That Weapon X, especially that hair, looks terrible.

Dark Beast is ok I guess. Jean Grey will be a first day purchase and/or a pre-order from Hasbro Pulse when she goes up, along with Sunfire, maybe.

Wave 2 is looking better and better already.

Must haves: Rogue, Cyclops, Storm, Magneto (with braids!).

Yeah, still waiting for XTAS Morph. 

I'm a bit late to the party, but that Sunfire looks really good! I'm not syper into AoA, but his design is just striking. As for Wild Child, if they were to reveal a Sabertooth he'd instantly become a must, otherwise I really have no interest in getting him. Finally, Crossbones looks cool, but since I'm not that into classic looks I'm not getting him. 

I'm glad to see Hasbro is going to give us far more comic based figures than this year, even if I'm not interested or know all the stories and characters is nice to see some variety.

20 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I'm surprised and excited they're releasing a Wild Child figure! I'm a fan (even though he always kinda reminded me of Iggy Pop). It's surprising news but very much welcomed by me. That gives me hope that we could get a Box figure too. (I'm still waiting but not optimistic we'll ever get a bigger Sasquatch.)

I'm afraid the only way they'll ever make a bigger Sasquatch is if they make him in the MS line.

4 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I'm afraid the only way they'll ever make a bigger Sasquatch is if they make him in the MS line.

I've contemplated that idea and hoped for that to happen. I'd love for Marvel Select to make a bigger Sasquatch. Hasbro makes better sculpts in my opinion, so obviously I'd prefer a Hasbro-made Marvel Legends Sasquatch, but I would take a bigger one made by anyone, including Select. But I doubt that's ever going to happen either. Oh well. 

7 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I've contemplated that idea and hoped for that to happen. I'd love for Marvel Select to make a bigger Sasquatch. Hasbro makes better sculpts in my opinion, so obviously I'd prefer a Hasbro-made Marvel Legends Sasquatch, but I would take a bigger one made by anyone, including Select. But I doubt that's ever going to happen either. Oh well. 

That would be cool, i'd definitely like a marvel select Sasquatch.  My BAF Sasquatch has some loose leg joints  and  it takes some effort to pose him standing up without support.

2 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

That would be cool, i'd definitely like a marvel select Sasquatch.  My BAF Sasquatch has some loose leg joints  and  it takes some effort to pose him standing up without support.

Me too, but unfortunately the Diamond Select people have been asked a few times in the past and they always respond that they have no plans to make Sasquatch. My Legends BAF also had loose joints, specifically the ankles so he would topple over and take other guys with him. I gave them the floor polish treatment and now it's better.