2019 Manga Barcelona Hasbro Marvel Panel - Marvel Legends AoA Dark Beast And Jean Grey

JayC

The Marvel, Star Wars and Power Rangers brand and design teams from Hasbro will discuss exciting news and reveals around their popular Marvel Legends, Star Wars: The Black Series, and Star Wars: The Vintage Collection and Power Rangers Lightning Collection action figure lines! Attendees will get a sneak peek of never-before-seen products, followed by Q&A for questions. Hasbro panelists include Dan Yun from the Marvel brand team, Sam Smith from the Star Wars design team, Patrick Schneider from the Star Wars brand team and Mona Ahn from the Power Rangers brand team.

We are bringing you coverage of this panel with the help of Alphan81 who is covering this event for us.

We will update with anything new that is revealed for the first time today in regards to Marvel Legends.

Hasbro revealed the final two figures for the upcoming Marvel Legends Age Of Apocalypse wave to be Dark Beast and Jean Grey. We still don't know what the Build-A-Figure will be. The other figures for this wave include Morph, Nathan Summers, Weapon X, Sunfire and Wild Child.

The two most likely candidates for the Build-A-Figure treatment would seem to be either Apocalypse himself or perhaps Sabretooth to go along with Wild Child. Only time will tell what it is. Check out slide images below.

Marvel-Legends-Manga-Barcelona-AoA-Wave-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Manga-Barcelona-AoA-Wave-Dark-Beast-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Manga-Barcelona-AoA-Wave-Jean-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Manga-Barcelona-AoA-Wave-Morph-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Manga-Barcelona-AoA-Wave-Nathan-Summers-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Manga-Barcelona-AoA-Wave-Sunfire-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Manga-Barcelona-AoA-Wave-Weapon-X-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Manga-Barcelona-AoA-Wave-Wild-Child-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-AoA-Dark-Beast-And-Jean.jpg

IMG_20191102_183808_resized_20191102_074857282.jpg

IMG_20191102_183813_resized_20191102_074858720.jpg

8 minutes ago, JayC said:

The Marvel, Star Wars and Power Rangers brand and design teams from Hasbro will discuss exciting news and reveals around their popular Marvel Legends, Star Wars: The Black Series, and Star Wars: The Vintage Collection and Power Rangers Lightning Collection action figure lines! Attendees will get a sneak peek of never-before-seen products, followed by Q&A for questions. Hasbro panelists include Dan Yun from the Marvel brand team, Sam Smith from the Star Wars design team, Patrick Schneider from the Star Wars brand team and Mona Ahn from the Power Rangers brand team.

We are bringing you coverage of this panel with the help of Alphan81 who is covering this event for us.

We will update with anything new that is revealed for the first time today in regards to Marvel Legends.

Hasbro revealed the final two figures for the upcoming Marvel Legends Age Of Apocalypse wave to be Dark Beast and Jean Grey. We still don't know what the Build-A-Figure will be. The other figures for this wave include Morph, Nathan Summers, Weapon X, Sunfire and Wild Child.

The two most likely candidates for the Build-A-Figure treatment would seem to be either Apocalypse himself or perhaps Sabretooth to go along with Wild Child. Only time will tell what it is. Check out slide images below.

Marvel-Legends-Manga-Barcelona-AoA-Wave-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Manga-Barcelona-AoA-Wave-Dark-Beast-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Manga-Barcelona-AoA-Wave-Jean-01.jpg

Absolutely no surprise on either of these. Expected them the minute they announced the line

AOA makes me think of the 5th grade when Mr. English took the 3rd issue from me after seeing it in my backpack, because I should bring comic books to school. Sorry back on topic, Morph Sunfire and Wild Child look great. I’m definitely excited for this wave and anticipating the baf.

20 minutes ago, JayC said:

Except you thought the female would be rogue yesterday 🙂

Yeah but i also thought jean was also possible. I mean beside rogue, jean is one of the only other female character that played a big role in aoa. 

But this does make my theory that the baf might be sabretooth possible. Either that or another wave

10 minutes ago, tarot said:

Yeah but i also thought jean was also possible. I mean beside rogue, jean is one of the only other female character that played a big role in aoa. 

But this does make my theory that the baf might be sabretooth possible. Either that or another wave

The BAF has gotta either be Nemesis or Apocalypse. Looking at this wave, there's it looks like there's gonna be at least one more wave to cover all the major players in the AOA storyline. No way they're not gonna do Rogue or Magneto or Cyclops. With that in mind it's most likely that those characters and Sabe's will make it into a second wave. It just makes sense and they could get both the above larger characters done in two waves as well.

As for Dark Beast and Jean, they weren't what we were expecting (I think Rogue and Sabe's was the general consensus) but at the same time, like @tarot says, "Not a surprise."

Man, they are nailing it with this wave.  My only criticism at this juncture is Morph's head.  It works fine as long as he's got at least one alternate with a bolder expression: goofy grin or something exaggerated and outrageous.  The one shown is pretty bland for the character.

Love that Beast.  He's about near perfect.

As for the BAF, I'm putting my money on either Holocaust (or "Nemesis") or Sabretooth.  I mean, they're not going to NOT produce Magneto and Rogue.  Feels like they's save Apocalypse for that.  I'll be surprised if they go wit the Big A for this wave.

So all the characters they’ve chosen so far have been from Rogue’s team in the Astonishing X-Men title or acted independently in the original Age of Apocalypse event (X-Man, Weapon X, and Jean Grey).

The remaining members of the Astonishing X-Men team are Rogue, Magneto, and Sabertooth.

Given the number of 2 and 3 packs that we’ve seen in the last few years, I wouldn’t be surprised to see either Sabertooth or Apocalypse as the BAF and then a 3 pack with the other, Rogue, and Magneto.

If not then a second wave would have to include those characters.  

Is Age of Apocalypse getting this huge because 2020 is the 25th anniversary of the event?

This whole wave would be such a letdown if the BAF is Sabretooth. Considering we already had a previous X-men wave where Sabretooth was a single-carded figure, a Sabretooth BAF that looks exactly like one of the figures in the same wave, Wild Child, only on a bigger buck and a ponytail, would just be lazy.

I'm actually surprised Beast and Jean were revealed, seems to me like the way this wave looks no doubt they have a second one planned because I would have imagined quite a different line-up if this was only going to be a 1 wave event. I'd say the BAF is going to probably be Sabretooth because we have Wild Child, Sabretooth has gotta show up, or if they are going to be weird and make everyone wait for him for wave 2 maybe, either way I imagine we have a 2nd wave which will have the other important people like Magneto, Rogue, Cyclops, Colosuss etc etc

overall I'm not super crazy over this wave, it's cool but doesn't really have the characters I would have really gone nuts for, I'm sure I will buy most of them when I see them, but at this point only ones I'm looking to get are Morph, Beast, Sunfire and Jean (even though she's not that interesting)

14 minutes ago, leokearon said:

They could reveal him as Nemesis.

Also what conventions are left?

I believe the remaining cons Hasbro will be attending this year are PaxAus which is Oct 11-13, CCPX which is December 3-4, Heroes Comic Con December 14th-15th.