1. 1. AOA Wave who should the BAF be?

• Apocalypse
    • Sabretooth
    • Colossus
    • Sugar Man
    • Holocaust
    • Abyss
    • Other (Please comment)

At this point I'm saying its Sabretooth , but I'd personally like it to be Apocalypse, but it doesn't make sense for that, I think Apocalypse will be BAF for wave 2

but Who Knows, they might be doing something weird this go round, and give us someone else as the BAF here like Nemesis or Apocalypse, and throw Sabretooth in wave 2 and someone else as the BAF there, I feel like I'm bad at the predicting game

If Dark Beast can be a regularly-packaged figure, I see no reason why Sabretooth can't be, so I would lean on him being a Wave 2 figure (assuming that happens). Also, including Wolverine, Sabretooth, Wild Child, and Beast all in the same wave...? Does someone have a feral man fetish much?

Since it's the Age of Apocalypse, I think it should be Apocalypse's wave.

I dont think Sabretooth should be the BAF, he could very likely be a regular figure and since Dwight has hinted that they have plans for at least 2 waves for AOA, Sabretooth would be a better fit the bigger sized figure in wave 2, along with Magneto, Rogue, Cyclops, Bishop and a couple more figures (hopefully 2 villians like Mr. Sinister, Havok or Abyss)

I think Apocalypse should the the BAF of this wave (it IS "Age of Apocalypse" after all), and for wave 2 have Nemesis/Holocaust be the BAF, Colossus would be a cool figure but I never thought he was that important in the overall story, Id rather he was made as a regular figure in a 2 pack with Kitty, same goes for a Nightcrawler & Mystique 2 pack.

I feel like Holocaust is the best choice. Apocalypse wasn't really a big part of the Age of Apocalypse storyline. He was a big part of the world, but not the story. Either Holocaust or Sugar Man could be done in a regular X-wave, but Holocaust just feels more at home here. To be clear, of those mentioned, Colossus is the figure I most want, but he and Sabretooth should just be regular figures in the next wave. Abyss would be tough to do as a figure, but super cool if they could pull it off.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Apocalypse. I know he wasn’t highly active, but he was in almost every title and it’s a cool look.

Like others, I think it will be Sabertooth based on Wild Child’s inclusion.

Nemesis would be cool. I missed out on him the first time. I actually have the old TB Sugar Man from the 5” line. He was oversized then. I should see how he compares.

How would Abyss be best designed? He had a normal look, and his giant unraveled tape look.

5 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

I voted Apocalypse. I know he wasn’t highly active, but he was in almost every title and it’s a cool look.

Like others, I think it will be Sabertooth based on Wild Child’s inclusion.

Nemesis would be cool. I missed out on him the first time. I actually have the old TB Sugar Man from the 5” line. He was oversized then. I should see how he compares.

How would Abyss be best designed? He had a normal look, and his giant unraveled tape look.

For Abyss, I would prefer unravelled tape monster, but not sure how that would work as a figure

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

For Abyss, I would prefer unravelled tape monster, but not sure how that would work as a figure

Right. He'd have to be somewhat rigid for display and articulation purposes. Would it be enough for him to just have a couple of "unraveled" limbs? He could be a cool figure. He could also be a major fail.

I would also expect other characters to come first. Since we have so many characters from Astonishing X-Men, maybe Nemesis makes sense.

32 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

Right. He'd have to be somewhat rigid for display and articulation purposes. Would it be enough for him to just have a couple of "unraveled" limbs? He could be a cool figure. He could also be a major fail.

I would also expect other characters to come first. Since we have so many characters from Astonishing X-Men, maybe Nemesis makes sense.

For an unravelled Abyss, I keep thinking of something like the awful Spidey 3 Sandman but hopefully better

I know I'm in the minority, probably the only 1, but I picked "other". How bout a 12'-14 or '16' AOA Sentinel as the BAF! That was a very cool design for them & I'm a huge Sentinel fan. Apocalypse as the BAF of almost every X-Men related wave is getting to be overkill.  His normal hgt is 7ft tall. he rarely ever goes giant sized. People stuck on his giant sized app in the 90s X-Men toons.

14 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I know I'm in the minority, probably the only 1, but I picked "other". How bout a 12'-14 or '16' AOA Sentinel as the BAF! That was a very cool design for them & I'm a huge Sentinel fan. Apocalypse as the BAF of almost every X-Men related wave is getting to be overkill.  His normal hgt is 7ft tall. he rarely ever goes giant sized. People stuck on his giant sized app in the 90s X-Men toons.

Didn't he have some giant sized appearances in his battle with Magneto in Amazing X-Men?

I was actually thinking of the sentinels as a BAF the other day. They would indeed be cool. Could Hasbro do something that big anymore? The TB one was huge, and Fin Fang Foom was huge. How expensive would that line have to be to accommodate the cost of so much plastic.

Maybe they choose all small characters: Lava-lamp Shadow King with a Sentinel leg. Tiny Sugarman a la X-Men Omega with the torso.... :wink:

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, Fitz616 said:

Apocalypse makes the most sense, but I would personally like to see either Sugar Man, Holocaust, or even a giant AOA Iceman.

Iceman was awesome looking in AoA. I like when they can pull of a weird sized figure. Giant spiked shoulders and fists. Huge, ice-slide body. Could be cool.

My choice would be Sugar Man- he's jsut such a weird, creepy character. His Toy Biz figure was pretty good, but it would be awesome to have a fully articulated one. Holocaust, while not perfect, was done before, and I'd rather have a new-to-Legends figure. AOA Apocalypse should be done some time, but the Apocalypse BAF wave was recent enough that he should maybe be saved for another AOA, or just X-Men, wave.

15 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

Didn't he have some giant sized appearances in his battle with Magneto in Amazing X-Men?

I was actually thinking of the sentinels as a BAF the other day. They would indeed be cool. Could Hasbro do something that big anymore? The TB one was huge, and Fin Fang Foom was huge. How expensive would that line have to be to accommodate the cost of so much plastic.

Maybe they choose all small characters: Lava-lamp Shadow King with a Sentinel leg. Tiny Sugarman a la X-Men Omega with the torso.... :wink:

If Hasbro were to start doing giant sized figures back in the 16' scale as the BAF, then I would have zero issues with paying $25.99-$26.99 for each fig in that particular 6-7 figure wave. If the BAF in other waves is normal sized or just in the 8' range, then the price should stay in the $19.99-$21.99 range.

The AOA Sentinels could shoot out their fists so that would be a cool feature to see. I wish I could find a good full sized clear pic of the AOA Sentinels but am having trouble finding one. I googled AOA Sentinels & this was the best pic I could find of them.

AOA Sentinels.jpg

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

If Hasbro were to start doing giant sized figures back in the 16' scale as the BAF, then I would have zero issues with paying $25.99-$26.99 for each fig in that particular 6-7 figure wave. If the BAF in other waves is normal sized or just in the 8' range, then the price should stay in the $19.99-$21.99 range.

The AOA Sentinels could shoot out their fists so that would be a cool feature to see. I wish I could find a good full sized clear pic of the AOA Sentinels but am having trouble finding one. I googled AOA Sentinels & this was the best pic I could find of them.

AOA Sentinels.jpg

Here are some other pics

spacer.png

latest?cb=20090903122736

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Thanks for the additional pics! Yeah, I'd easily buy a triad of those AOA Sentinels if in 16' scale. Very cool visual designs & bout the only character design I liked in the entire AOA saga.

I would prefer a classic sentinel, but I won't complain if they did do AOA Sentinels