Marvel Legends Age Of Apocalypse Wave - Who Will The Build-A-Figure Be???

JayC

45 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Ok so of the choices listed here, a number of them are counted as unlikely because they've recently had figures made already. So wouldn't Apocalypse fall into that same notion? I agree, it only makes sense that the wave named for him would likely include him. But if it turns out to be Holocaust I wont be surprised. A second AOA wave could have Apocalypse.

None of these figures have been made recently. What rules some of them out is that their 616 versions were not BAFs, so it is unlikely these guys will be BAFs

For those saying we only just got such and such as a BAF (or a regular figure for some) I think Hulk and Thanos wants to say hi. Just because they have been done before doesn't mean they won't be again. 

Plus I should say this, these are NOT the same characters. These are different characters from a different universe and as it has been discussed and confirmed are completely different people by both the Creator and the fans. I have done a number of polls asking people about this and nearly 70 to 90 % of people think they are different people. So don't think because their Prime version were made, the AOA versions won't.

And before anyone says "well they include the AOA costumes in some of the costume gallery" well they also include the Ultimate universe, the Noir universe etc which are completely different universes and not a timeline shift like was the case with AOA.

Okay rant over. 

A few things I'm keeping in mind:

Hasbro already hinted that there will be more than one wave of AoA next year.  In fact I'm wondering if AoA is their whole "sub theme" for next year (like MCU 10th/Marvel 80th except next year it's AoA 25th).

With that in mind this is partially actually guessing and partially a wish-list:

First assortment BAF:  Sugar Man - Hasn't been done since pre-Legends.

Second Assortment Speculation:  Rogue, Sinister, Storm, Gambit, Sabretooth, Quicksilver, Iceman 

Second Assortment BAF:  Abyss (with interchangeable "extended/unravelled" parts)

Two Pack #1 - Magneto vs. Apocalypse

Two Pack #2 - Cyclops vs Havok

Two Pack #3 - Colossus and Shadowcat

Three Pack Exclusive - Dazzler, Exodus, Banshee

Two Pack Exclusive - Legion vs AoA Bishop

Two Pack Exclusive - Nightcrawler vs. "Dead Man Wade"

Two Pack Exclusive - Tony Stark vs. Mikhail

Single Pack Exclusive - Holocaust/Nemesis (retool/repaint of the old BAF).

I think (I may be off) that would give us some representation (however limited) of every series, plus completing both teams of X-Men proper and all the bad guys that really played a major role (and Mikhail, who completes "The Four Horsemen").  It also would give us every character that "crossed over" into the 616 MU after the event was done.

18 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Sub-themes never had full waves and BAFs. Also it would seem a bit extreme especially when there are still plenty of regular X-Characters that haven't been done yet.

First off, I said I "wonder."  Not that I believe it as incontrovertible fact.

Second, whatever amount of AoA stuff they're giving us next year is not stopping them from making other "regular x-characters" as we already know the Strong Guy wave is coming.

X-Men are evergreen.  Unless Hasbro's losing the license they can make more regular X-Characters every year.  Next year is a significant anniversary for the Age of Apocalypse, though, and it's probably more savvy marketing to put them in their own sub-assortment than to try sprinkling them into future waves if it can be avoided.

38 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Sub-themes never had full waves and BAFs. Also it would seem a bit extreme especially when there are still plenty of regular X-Characters that haven't been done yet.

I never woulda thought in a million years that there would be a full (possibly 2) story arch based waves until this one came out. Personally I think the intention was to kinda spread all these figures across multiple waves and trickle them in through various waves, multi-packs and assortments just the way they did the Lee X-Men. I think what's happening now is they fully intend to attack all the figures they've been speculating about for the last few years but anticipate the arrival of X-Men in the MCU, and much like myself,  think they are gonna get there much sooner than Disney/Marvel indicate. The quicker they clear out all these wants and demands from the fans the less they'll have to deal with all the "wish they woulda", "no they shoulda", "you know they coulda" that all us fans do when the waves begin to be taken over by the obligatory MCU movie based figures. I think for the time being we can all revel in the amount of comic product and soak up as much as we can before that happens.

40 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

A few things I'm keeping in mind:

Hasbro already hinted that there will be more than one wave of AoA next year.  In fact I'm wondering if AoA is their whole "sub theme" for next year (like MCU 10th/Marvel 80th except next year it's AoA 25th).

With that in mind this is partially actually guessing and partially a wish-list:

First assortment BAF:  Sugar Man - Hasn't been done since pre-Legends.

Second Assortment Speculation:  Rogue, Sinister, Storm, Gambit, Sabretooth, Quicksilver, Iceman 

Second Assortment BAF:  Abyss (with interchangeable "extended/unravelled" parts)

Two Pack #1 - Magneto vs. Apocalypse

Two Pack #2 - Cyclops vs Havok

Two Pack #3 - Colossus and Shadowcat

Three Pack Exclusive - Dazzler, Exodus, Banshee

Two Pack Exclusive - Legion vs AoA Bishop

Two Pack Exclusive - Nightcrawler vs. "Dead Man Wade"

Two Pack Exclusive - Tony Stark vs. Mikhail

Single Pack Exclusive - Holocaust/Nemesis (retool/repaint of the old BAF).

I think (I may be off) that would give us some representation (however limited) of every series, plus completing both teams of X-Men proper and all the bad guys that really played a major role (and Mikhail, who completes "The Four Horsemen").  It also would give us every character that "crossed over" into the 616 MU after the event was done.

This makes a lot of sense. There may be different two packs and wave assortments than what you mentioned but there’s definitely plenty of opportunities for Hasbro to all out on AoA.

3 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I never woulda thought in a million years that there would be a full (possibly 2) story arch based waves until this one came out. Personally I think the intention was to kinda spread all these figures across multiple waves and trickle them in through various waves, multi-packs and assortments just the way they did the Lee X-Men. I think what's happening now is they fully intend to attack all the figures they've been speculation about for the last few years but anticipate the arrival of X-Men in the MCU, and much like myself, also think they are gonna get there much sooner than Disney/Marvel indicate. The quicker they clear out all these wants and demands from the fans the less they'll have to deal with all the "wish they woulda", "no they shoulda", "you know they coulda" that all us fans do when the waves begin to be taken over by the obligatory MCU movie based figures. I think for the time being we can all revel in the amount of comic product and soak up as much as we can before that happens.

I hope they continue making these great comic based X-men figures for many years and perhaps include some in the movie waves. It could be a while before the MCU creates a great X-men movie. I hope they take their time and come up with something special. 

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

None of these figures have been made recently. What rules some of them out is that their 616 versions were not BAFs, so it is unlikely these guys will be BAFs

Of the speculative possibles listed, Mr Sinister, Sabertooth, Apocalypse have indeed been made recently; we've got now TWO Colossus figures out as well.

2 hours ago, shatonamime said:

Sabertooth just feels way obvious with wild child.

this is my thought, and then wave 2 will be Apocalypse, but hey we never know, they could do Nemesis or Apocalypse as the BAF first wave, then toss Sabretooth in the second wave as a standard figure, that way we know people will most certainly want (need) the 2nd wave for Sabretooth because of Wild Child

but Sabretooth being the BAF for this wave seems right to me with Wild Child. and then Save Apocalypse for the Second wave, but I also feel like we may potentially see a 3rd AOA wave as well, I kinda feel like we will see AOA X-men replacing the standard X waves for awhile other then the Deadpool wave (which isn't actually an"X-Men" wave per say)

...and on the Sabretooth topic, I hope he is a bit larger than the last release...should use the Omega Red Buck. I can't wait to hear more about the complete plan for Age of Apocalypse.  Almost every figure on the top of my list has been produced in the past few years, with a few more slated for the next few months, but never did I expect this to happen.  If I could get Skrull Boxed Set, classic costumed versions of Doctor Strange, Hercules, Powerman, and Iron Fist, as well as new designs for Lady Deathstrike, Toad, Blob, Marrow, Dum Dum Dugan, X-Force Wolfsbane (Black and Gray), X-Force Warpath, then I could actually stop collecting.

19 hours ago, monron999 said:

I never woulda thought in a million years that there would be a full (possibly 2) story arch based waves until this one came out. Personally I think the intention was to kinda spread all these figures across multiple waves and trickle them in through various waves, multi-packs and assortments just the way they did the Lee X-Men. I think what's happening now is they fully intend to attack all the figures they've been speculating about for the last few years but anticipate the arrival of X-Men in the MCU, and much like myself,  think they are gonna get there much sooner than Disney/Marvel indicate. The quicker they clear out all these wants and demands from the fans the less they'll have to deal with all the "wish they woulda", "no they shoulda", "you know they coulda" that all us fans do when the waves begin to be taken over by the obligatory MCU movie based figures. I think for the time being we can all revel in the amount of comic product and soak up as much as we can before that happens.

That's true.  Still I hope we will get some more non AOA X-figures than just the Strong Guy wave.

12 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Also with this AOA wave, I wonder if we will see Legion being done in at least one wave or maybe a Walgreen exclusive

I was also on this wave of hope of thinking about Legion as a Walgreens exclusive, especially with the somewhat success of the psychedelic Legion TV show, but according to some online personalities the X-Men exclusives are set to end with the Stepford Cuckoos and the future of ML Walgreens exclusives altogether are up in the air as the executive who was in charge of those sort of things (not sure what his name was) has moved on from the company.

22 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I was also on this wave of hope of thinking about Legion as a Walgreens exclusive, especially with the somewhat success of the psychedelic Legion TV show, but according to some online personalities the X-Men exclusives are set to end with the Stepford Cuckoos and the future of ML Walgreens exclusives altogether are up in the air as the executive who was in charge of those sort of things (not sure what his name was) has moved on from the company.

It would be disappointing to be celebrating the AOA and not know have a figure of the guy who started it. 

IMO It would be incredibly boring to have Sabretooth be the BAF. He looks exactly like one of the figures, Wild Child, in the wave but in a bigger buck. He's literally Wild Child with a pony tail. I would still get the wave, eventually, because I only collect the X-men.

That said, I still have yet to complete Sauron because I can't get myself to buy X-23/Wolverine at MSRP (I got Lady Deadpool and Boxers Deadpool on Clearance) and I still haven't completed Wendigo (waiting for a Black Friday sale for X-Force Wolverine, [Ok] Boomer, Cannonball and Guardian).

The only thing that would make get me excited to complete a proposed BAF Sabretooth if he comes with two heads, with one as an alternate Madureira-styled head. Longshot (pun intended) I know. Here's to hoping the BAF is Sugarman or Nemesis or the Big A.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:13 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

IMO It would be incredibly boring to have Sabretooth be the BAF. He looks exactly like one of the figures, Wild Child, in the wave but in a bigger buck. He's literally Wild Child with a pony tail.....

That said, I still have yet to complete Sauron because I can't get myself to buy X-23/Wolverine at MSRP ...

Yep, I hear you! Its exactly why I couldn't finish Kingpin; those other figures (I got Puma and Night Thrasher) just aren't worth my money. How on earth did they go from the Black Cat Spider-Man 2 Legends Infinite version, to this cheap knock-off looking thing? I don't even like Black Cat ( laughable rip-off of Catwoman )  but if youre gonna have the figure, make it accurate!

Also think youre on the money about AOA Sabertooth. More and more I'm thinking BAF will be Holocaust.

On 11/5/2019 at 1:25 PM, Jmacq1 said:

First off, I said I "wonder."  Not that I believe it as incontrovertible fact.

Second, whatever amount of AoA stuff they're giving us next year is not stopping them from making other "regular x-characters" as we already know the Strong Guy wave is coming.

X-Men are evergreen.  Unless Hasbro's losing the license they can make more regular X-Characters every year.  Next year is a significant anniversary for the Age of Apocalypse, though, and it's probably more savvy marketing to put them in their own sub-assortment than to try sprinkling them into future waves if it can be avoided.

I'm not saying they didn't but I dont remember them really hinting to more than one wave of AoA and honestly think it would be a mistake if they did do more. I just don't see enough demand for it out there regardless of the Anniversary.  If they do more AoA characters beyond this wave my guess it wouldn't be a full waves worth. I cold maybe see them sticking a few here or there in other X-Men waves or maybe something as a store exclusive.

As for the X-Force wave with Strong Guy, thats gonna be out this year by years end I believe, so I wouldn't really count that as next year.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

I'm not saying they didn't but I dont remember them really hinting to more than one wave of AoA and honestly think it would be a mistake if they did do more. I just don't see enough demand for it out there regardless of the Anniversary.  If they do more AoA characters beyond this wave my guess it wouldn't be a full waves worth. I cold maybe see them sticking a few here or there in other X-Men waves or maybe something as a store exclusive.

As for the X-Force wave with Strong Guy, thats gonna be out this year by years end I believe, so I wouldn't really count that as next year.

The Deadpool wave with the Strong Guy BAF is scheduled for fall 2020. We get Spider-Man and Fantastic Four January 1st, then Age of Apocalypse and (presumably) Black Widow should be March to May sometime, and Deadpool is the last of the five waves we know about for next year.