Marvel Select 7" Disney Store Exclusive Spider-Man: Far From Home Spider-Man Figure

JayC

itsdanwho has discovered another new 7" Disney Store Exclusive Marvel Select. This one is based on the Spider-Man: Far From Home movie and the upgrade suit Spider-Man wore in it. The figure is showing up in the UK now but will almost definitely make its way to US stores sooner or later.

Marvel-Select-Spider-Man-Far-From-Home-Spider-Man-01.jpg

Marvel-Select-Spider-Man-Far-From-Home-Spider-Man-02.jpg

I know this is currently a UK exclusive or what not, and I know Spider-Man far from home's ending takes place in London, but the accessorie which is an awfully big and out of place English flag really throws me off, why the huge patriotic flag? why is that even important to this figure it seems weirdly inserted into this packaging, but that's just me, the movie is about him going all over europe why not a bunch of smaller flags for every place he visited? if you had to have some flag thing going on?. Also I don't think I like the way that upper torso pivot looks maybe it's just bad angles but it looks too apparent

On 11/9/2019 at 2:38 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I know this is currently a UK exclusive or what not, and I know Spider-Man far from home's ending takes place in London, but the accessorie which is an awfully big and out of place English flag really throws me off, why the huge patriotic flag? why is that even important to this figure it seems weirdly inserted into this packaging, but that's just me, the movie is about him going all over europe why not a bunch of smaller flags for every place he visited? if you had to have some flag thing going on?. Also I don't think I like the way that upper torso pivot looks maybe it's just bad angles but it looks too apparent

Its not a UK exclusive, its a Disney Store exclusive. It will be released eventually here in the US at Disney Stores. It only has the UK flag because he went to the UK in the movie. Every single Disney store exclusive is generally made readily available on their websites so I dont see this being hard to get for those who want it when it eventually sees full release even if you don't have a physical store nearby.

2 minutes ago, JayC said:

Its not a UK exclusive, its a Disney Store exclusive. It will be released eventually here in the US at Disney Stores. It only has the UK flag because he went to the UK in the movie and for whatever reason the UK stores often get the stuff in stock before the US stores do. Every single Disney store exclusive is generally made readily available on their websites so I dont see this being hard to get for those who want it when it eventually sees full release even if you don't have a physical store nearby.

We first told you about this figure last week, but now the folks at Diamond Select Toys has released official images and information for their new Marvel Select 7" Upgrade Suit Spider-Man figure from the Spider-Man: Far From Home movie.

The figure will feature 16 points of articulation, four interchangeable pairs of hands and a British flag and flagpole. It comes packaged in the display-ready Select action figure packaging, with side-panel artwork for shelf reference. This figure will be available for purchase on November 11 (today) in North America and is being released as a Disney Store exclusive where it will be available in store and on their website. As of this posting we didn't see it available online but should be up there soon. The figure has already started seeing release in the UK.

SpideyCrawl.jpg

SpideyFFHFront.jpg

SpideyFlag.jpg

SpideyFront.jpg

SpideyHang.jpg

SpideyShoot.jpg

Marvel select needs take a step back and re-evaluate what they are doing. Sand-man was dope, but didn't seem thought out. Additionally the head was huge. If I were marvel select I would focus on making larger characters. That's where I see them succeed the most. I would revisit a new comic hulk. They also need to find a way to improve their diaphragm joints and range of articulation. I can't remember the last time I wanted to buy a select, rather than wait for a new legend. Probably juggernaut. 

On 11/8/2019 at 5:21 PM, PedroMamprim said:

This is really disappointing. Diamond Select doesn't understand that not everyone lives near or has a Disney Store in their country. And with their figures starting to lose quality in paint and sculpt, I wonder if they're running out of money in some way, or if they're just lazy now.

I wonder if they feel this won't matter as much since almost, if not all, Target stores will eventually have Disney Stores in them.