What Should a Comic Red Skull Figure Look Like?

RyanDaly

This is something I've been thinking about for a while: I would really like a comic version of Red Skull because he's one of Marvel's most iconic villains and Captain America's arch enemy. On the other hand, he's a $#@&ing nazi, and the idea of buying even a toy of a nazi makes me feel dirty. I don't believe Hasbro ever would nor should release a Red Skull figure in his full-on Nazi regalia as he was often depicted in the late '90s/early '00s comics.

1461718777_RSnazi.thumb.jpg.a28a21afe107bbe93bf10b0f099154c8.jpg

But if Hasbro did release a Marvel Legends Red Skull figure, which version would you want to see? 

344722143_RS1.thumb.jpg.d11bf4dd30009c0d6d7cead61d064ae4.jpg

There's the 1960s version. I think I actually like this version with the green jumpsuit the most, as long as you remove the giant swastika from his chest and/or arm band. It could be left blank, or a Hydra logo could replace it. 

973691291_RS2.thumb.gif.faedc6ced009e8792e682d7c55284041.gif

There's the 1980s version from when (I think) DeMatteis and Zeck brought him back. This has more of a military uniform feel, but doesn't look so much like they just put Red Skull's head on Hitler's body like the first picture. 

1560124894_RS3.thumb.jpg.401a1529acd8fdf40502b420f7e74eef.jpg

There's also the suited Red Skull from the '90s, often wearing a black, white, or mixed two-piece with a shirt and tie. 

I'm sure there are other, more modern looks for the character that I'm not listing because I prefer older, more classical looks most of the time.

Would you want a Red Skull figure with any one of these costumes? Which would you prefer the most? Is there another version you'd prefer that I didn't list? Or do you think the character is too toxic to make an action figure because of his disgusting political affiliation and ideology? What do you think?

Either the first or third look, both remind me of his appearance in Avengers: EMH, which was excellent.  To deal with the Nazi arm band, they could just make it a HYDRA arm band, since that's what Marvel and the MCU have been doing to deal with Nazi iconography for the last ten years or so.

The 2nd look is the one I always think of when I imagine Red Skull in my mind, so I'd say that one, but his more recent look (which closely resembles how he looks in the movies is a close second to that in my mind)

either 1 (but I'd prefer the older version)

RS 2.gifspacer.png

• 9 months later...

If you look at the majority of his appearances , especially 60s-70s, he would go without the swastika as much as with it. Drab green jumpsuit, often with a kind of ascot stuffed around the neckline.

I dont think the artists/writers had any particular qualms against the symbol though, seeing as how comics were still at this time pumping out WWII era books and those swastikas were all over the covers. Now while I despise these guys, I dont think depicting their sign should be seen as some kind of endorsement. As for the figure I'd love it if they made the jaw articulated.