What if Hasbro brought back their 12 inch line?

IsaiahWayne

I really enjoyed collecting the 12 inch Marvel Legends Series figures. At $50 or more per figure, I’m sure most people passed or waited for the price to come down. I believe that they made a product well worth the retail price. I wish they would have came out with some female heroes for that line while it was going. A 12 inch Black Widow would fit right in with the other Avengers from the line, and a 12 inch Jean Grey or redone Phoenix would go great with Wolverine. I’m sure there are many reasons why the line was stopped, but I hope that some day Hasbro will try it again with a new approach and new ideas. 

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

They need to use the 12' line to give us Marvel characters that are large sized such as Sentinels/Goliath/Orka/Giantman. Makes zero sense to make normal sized characters giant sized, especially at that price point.

Agreed, as I have said time and time again, Hasbro need to do a TF Titan Class for Marvel legends

10 hours ago, Gigantor said:

They need to use the 12' line to give us Marvel characters that are large sized such as Sentinels/Goliath/Orka/Giantman. Makes zero sense to make normal sized characters giant sized, especially at that price point.

Definitely with this all the way.

42 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

How many characters were made in this line? The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are Cap, Iron Man, Wolverine, Thor, and Deadpool.

Cap, Spider-man, Iron Man, Thor, Deadpool, Daredevil exclusive, Wolverine, Hulk, and Black Panther. There was also a Symbiote Spider-Man variant, Weapon X and X-Force variants for Deadpool.

23 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

the 12" thor is fantastic IMO I haven't got it yet only cause I don't  collect  1/6 scale figures but its so nice It'll be an exception, I just wish the same design  was made in the ML scale

but now that you mention it ,im really surprised wolverine wasn't one of the 1st ones they did

I really Love the 12” Thor. It’s a really awesome figure especially with the beautiful cape. I actually highly recommend any one of these figures except for Iron Man. I don’t have him yet. Might not get him at all. Some are cheaper than others but it’s definitely worth checking out at least one. 

23 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I agree that they should use the 12” line to give us large characters, but I think they could  still do giant versions of regular characters for collectors of 1/6 scale figures. For around $50 I think they made a really good product especially if you’re not looking to spend a couple hundred dollars on figures like what Hot Toys makes.

I dont think most of the 12" figures sold that well so like with the 3.75" line I doubt it will return any time soon in any real way. Whats funny is the thread started off wanting to see more 12" figures but what most of you really want is just larger characters done for the 6" line. Its not really the same thing 😉

1 minute ago, Emnems80 said:

I wonder if they would have sold better if they had more detail. I never had one in hand but based on images I've seen it seems most were just enlarged versions of the 6" line.

Captain America, Thor, Iron man and to lesser extent Wolverine had far more detail in their sculpts than 6 inch figures ever have 

6 minutes ago, JayC said:

I dont think most of the 12" figures sold that well so like with the 3.75" line I doubt it will return any time soon in any real way. Whats funny is the thread started off wanting to see more 12" figures but what most of you really want is just larger characters done for the 6" line. Its not really the same thing 😉

It's hard for me to picture a large market for Marvel Legends at that size. They're too big and too expensive for little kids to play with, so they must target older collectors, like us (I'm assuming), but most adult collectors I wouldn't think would want figures at that size and scale for space reasons. Maybe I'm misjudging the wants of collectors, but I just don't see the market for super-detailed and articulated 12' versions of Spider-Man and the Avengers. 

57 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

I am to invested into 6 inch line to start collecting 12 inch line but personally really liked the line, all figure were pretty solid sculpts, only Deadpool was pretty meh with that oversized head. 

This is how I felt about the line, they look wonderful but really held no place in my collection. I wouldn't be any more inclined to buy if they returned. but I'd be cool with seeing them come back around for those who do collect (which I didn't think were to many people since the line declined out of production)

but on the note of people saying we just want bigger characters for the 6'' line which are 12'' I'd be down with that but, I think hasbro would see this as a real investment for them with plastic costs, and alot of semi invested buyers or just casual fans probably won't be spending 60-80 dollars on a huge figure, they just want spider-man and iron man, which is why the 12'' line only produced well known figures, hasbro wouldn't see the reason to produce a 12'' orka figure because lets be real only a select few want this

I think they should make the BuildAFigures bigger. They have definitely been creating some good bafs lately but it would be awesome if they did an updated Galactus baf that’s just as big as the Toybiz one. They could do that with a Sentinel and other large-sized characters. It might be better to make them as bafs instead of releasing a big figure that will cost a lot of money. They could still occasionally do smaller bafs like what we’ve been seeing but a 12 inch or more baf for the right characters would be great.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:41 PM, RyanDaly said:

It's hard for me to picture a large market for Marvel Legends at that size. They're too big and too expensive for little kids to play with, so they must target older collectors, like us (I'm assuming), but most adult collectors I wouldn't think would want figures at that size and scale for space reasons. Maybe I'm misjudging the wants of collectors, but I just don't see the market for super-detailed and articulated 12' versions of Spider-Man and the Avengers. 

Yep, I hear ML6' collectors complaining that they are running outta space to store or place their 6' figures at, why in the world would anyone think that a ML line of 1 foot tall tall  $40 versions of 6ft tall characters be a great idea? I stand by what I said, Hasbro should push bringing back the 12' line as a way of us getting large sized characters that they can't do as a BAF due to their size restrictions. 8'-9' scale seems to be their top hgt for BAFs. With a "Marvel legends "Giants" line of 12' maybe even 14' 16' scale, we can finally get all the large sized characters many of us have been wanting for yrs!

Classic DOFP Sentinels can be the largest at 16' so they can be paired up with the TB line 16'Sentinels for those of us that still have those ( I have 1)

Galactus can be a 16'er

Goliath of the classic 80s Masters of evil can be a 12' or 14' scale

Orka can be a 12'-14'

The cosmic powered Stranger & Inbetweener can be 12'  scale

Classic Hank Pym -Goliath/Giant man can be 12'-14' scale

Just a few of the top of my head that I can think of. To stretch the line out over a few yrs, it can be a 3 or 4 figure a yr release with 1 every 3 or 4 months

16' Sentinels & Galactus can go for $59.99

12'-14' characters for 49.99

OK, here's a very talented guy  that goes by the name of "Dioramax" who "3d modeled, printed, sanded down, painted and assembled" this 16' DOFP classic Sentinel! Tell me none of you wouldn't want Hasbro to do this version with just added articulation for the feet for better ankle pivot,  & some weapons effects. I'd easily pay $59.99 for a triad of these at the very least if not more.

DOFP Sentinel 1.jpg

DOFP Sentinel 2.jpg

DOFP Sentinel 3.jpg

DOFP Sentinel 4.jpg