What if Hasbro brought back their 12 inch line?

IsaiahWayne

1 minute ago, Gigantor said:

OK, here's a very talented guy  that goes by the name of "Dioramax" who "3d modeled, printed, sanded down, painted and assembled" this 16' DOFP classic Sentinel! Tell me none of you wouldn't want Hasbro to do this version with just added articulation for the feet for better ankle pivot,  & some weapons effects. I'd easily pay $59.99 for a triad of these at the very least if not more.

DOFP Sentinel 1.jpg

DOFP Sentinel 2.jpg

DOFP Sentinel 3.jpg

DOFP Sentinel 4.jpg

I’m surprised Hasbro hasn’t done a Sentinel like this yet with all the 90s inspired X-men figures they’ve been doing. They could redo that Days of Future Past Sentinel with these colors.

On 11/13/2019 at 5:42 AM, Gigantor said:

OK, here's a very talented guy  that goes by the name of "Dioramax" who "3d modeled, printed, sanded down, painted and assembled" this 16' DOFP classic Sentinel! Tell me none of you wouldn't want Hasbro to do this version with just added articulation for the feet for better ankle pivot,  & some weapons effects. I'd easily pay $59.99 for a triad of these at the very least if not more.

DOFP Sentinel 1.jpg

DOFP Sentinel 2.jpg

DOFP Sentinel 3.jpg

DOFP Sentinel 4.jpg

That looks really cool, actually this is closer to sentinel I would love to see. But I guess marvel legends sentinel will be future has lab project. There’s sadly no future for 12 inch line. What we really talking about is deluxe figure that are in scale of 6 inch marvel legends.  

3 hours ago, SpiderS said:

That looks really cool, actually this is closer to sentinel I would love to see. But I guess marvel legends sentinel will be future has lab project. There’s sadly no future for 12 inch line. What we really talking about is deluxe figure that are in scale of 6 inch marvel legends.  

I really don't see (want) any Titan Class figures to be HasLab. If they can do the likes of Transformers in different size classes, I don't see why they can't do the same with ML. 

Still love the Sentinel, it reminds me off my X-Men Sentinel toy but with less gimmicks and more possibility

12 hours ago, SpiderS said:

That looks really cool, actually this is closer to sentinel I would love to see. But I guess marvel legends sentinel will be future has lab project. There’s sadly no future for 12 inch line. What we really talking about is deluxe figure that are in scale with  6 inch marvel legends.  

This Sentinel would be in scale with the 6' line. I don't want a 2 ft tall Haslab Sentinel that would cost $100 & take up a ton of space. I want a DOFP classic Sentinel just like the custom one I posted in either 12'-14' or 16' scale.  Add capture coils, a palm blaster FX & an alternate BD head & half destroyed arm & I'll gladly fork over $60 clams for it! Don't need light up eyes or talking Sentinel gimmicks which just add to the cost. Rather have some attachable 10' long eye beams FX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
I'd like these 6 as titan legends: Giant Man (Raz Malhotra), Atlas (Erik Josten), Goliath (Tom Foster), Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Stinger (Cassie Lang w/ multiple heads, unmasked, helmet and domino mask), and Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia van Dyne/Pym)

48 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png
I'd like these 6 as titan legends: Giant Man (Raz Malhotra), Atlas (Erik Josten), Goliath (Tom Foster), Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Stinger (Cassie Lang w/ multiple heads, unmasked, helmet and domino mask), and Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia van Dyne/Pym)

This would be the best option. 

Frost Giants, Giant-man, Goliath, basically any character that can grows. Maybe throw in a Surtur?

Although I don't think a 12" line is sustainable. Not many regular Collectors have the shelf space or the budget for it. Even with a 6" line at $20.00 a pop, people are cherry picking waves as they can't sustain buying whole waves. 

18 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

This would be the best option. 

Frost Giants, Giant-man, Goliath, basically any character that can grows. Maybe throw in a Surtur?

Although I don't think a 12" line is sustainable. Not many regular Collectors have the shelf space or the budget for it. Even with a 6" line at $20.00 a pop, people are cherry picking waves as they can't sustain buying whole waves. 

Yeah it'd be hard, but they could also throw in extra stuff with the giants: 6" versions and smaller versions for the characters who grow and shrink. Could throw in Dark Elves with Frost Giants. 

15 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:

Yeah it'd be hard, but they could also throw in extra stuff with the giants: 6" versions and smaller versions for the characters who grow and shrink. Could throw in Dark Elves with Frost Giants. 

I'm all for this. Unfortunately due to the failure of the line I doubt we will be seeing it happen. But always hopeful.

I haven’t purchased a 12 inch figure in years and lost interest in that scale.  I collected several 12 inch figures years ago between some of the Marvel soft cloth figures and several Sideshow Toys 12inch figures.  I also collected a ton of 12 inch Star Wars figures, but recently sold 90% of all the 12 inch Star Wars figures from my collection.  The issue I have is cost since some of the Sideshow figures were right at the $100 and higher price range and the space they take on my shelves.  I currently display approximately 18 of my 12 inch figures on a top shelf that I made across three walls in my office.