JayC

New Falcon And The Winter Soldier And Hawkeye Concept Art Including A USAgent First Look

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Thats true, but they are also Avengers or classified as super heroes, so Clint could be considered having skills that go beyond a normal human and Ant-Man they probably just didn't know enough about to be sure and therefore at least temporarily placed with their fellow super human teammates at the Raft. Zemo wasnt in the movie a Super Villain, or demonstrated having any kind of special skills. He set off some bombs like many terrorists do so I see no practical reason to send him to the Raft.

i'll buy that about Clint, being a world renowned assassin and all, but I seriously doubt General Ross was not aware of Scott's association with Hank Pym or familiar with the capability of the Ant-Man formula. If they woulda not know what he was capable of you'd think they woulda put him in some sort of stasis rather than a standard cell under the fear that he could simply just slip through the cracks. I also fully agree that aside from his nefarious machinations Zemo is little more threatening than your average psycho on the streets but, like I said, the Raft just seems like the proper neutral place in the MCU. Granted, we know what the Raft is used for in the Comics Universe, but that doesn't actually mean it has the same application in the much smaller MCU.

Since when was Zemo a normal guy? He murdered, and was able to impersonate, a high ranking government official, killed several world leaders while wearing a Bucky mask, set off an EMP device in the middle of a bustling metropolis, broke up the world's premiere superhero organization, memorized the Winter Soldier code book, and located a top-secret Winter Soldier factory, murdering every super-soldier there-in. All while working pretty much alone. In their in-universe estimation he must be like Jason Bourne and Keyser Soze had a baby and hired Dom Toretto as his nanny.

They would probably confine his butt to the Raft just to keep the stuff ratting around in his head from getting out.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:58 AM, Emnems80 said:

I need to watch endgame again but did Cap take his shield with him on his last mission? If he left his shield it could have been the shield from the timeline where he spent his life with Peggy that he gave to Falcon. Would make a possibility of having a 2nd shield available. Of course if Cap took the shield on the last mission it's a mute point.

IIRC, his present day (2023) shield was broken by Thanos, so he couldn't have taken it with him. 

Well I pulled the trigger. I didn't intend to, but my youngest niece seemed really taken with D+ after spending some time on it while babysitting for her sister. She talked me into it, now here we are. Gotta say, not disappointed. Even if these MCU shows don't work out, I now have ALL of my Marvel 'toons at my fingertips. 

Definitely worth the 7 bucks a month.

11 hours ago, memocromatico said:

IIRC, his present day (2023) shield was broken by Thanos, so he couldn't have taken it with him. 

That makes me feel dumb. Can't believe the most iconic Cap scene in the movie slipped my mind lol

9 hours ago, mako said:

Well I pulled the trigger. I didn't intend to, but my youngest niece seemed really taken with D+ after spending some time on it while babysitting for her sister. She talked me into it, now here we are. Gotta say, not disappointed. Even if these MCU shows don't work out, I now have ALL of my Marvel 'toons at my fingertips. 

Definitely worth the 7 bucks a month.

Well it's not available over here until next year, so I'll have plenty of time to see whether it will be worth it

7 hours ago, leokearon said:

Well it's not available over here until next year, so I'll have plenty of time to see whether it will be worth it

Guess it depends on your opinion of "worth it."

Since none of them have gotten full releases in this country, meaning I'd have to spend a fortune ordering them on DVD from the UK, the collection of Marvel toons from the 70s, 80s, and 90s (when animators actually drew stuff) alone makes it worth my entertainment dollar. Your mileage mat vary.

1 minute ago, mako said:

Guess it depends on your opinion of "worth it."

Since none of them have gotten full releases in this country, meaning I'd have to spend a fortune ordering them on DVD from the UK, the collection of Marvel toons from the 70s, 80s, and 90s (when animators actually drew stuff) alone makes it worth my entertainment dollar. Your mileage mat vary.

The number of classic cartoons is a draw. Still plenty of time to decide

They are getting their own comic book series to.

falcws2019001_mockup_11_0.jpg

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Anything for a three month boost

2 hours ago, JayC said:

I don't hate this idea. If they can somehow get recreate the chemistry they have in the movies in this comic it could be rather enjoyable. On the flip side I wouldn't put it past Marvel to screw this up in the way only they can.

50 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Anything for a three month boost

Exactly. I’m sure the first issue will have umpteen million variant covers, too. Not that there isn’t merit in a. Sam and Bucky Team-up book, but iirc they already worked together a bunch during Brubakers run. Of course marvel has probably reset the universe  a few times since then so who knows if that is actually in continuity anymore

2 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Exactly. I’m sure the first issue will have umpteen million variant covers, too. Not that there isn’t merit in a. Sam and Bucky Team-up book, but iirc they already worked together a bunch during Brubakers run. Of course marvel has probably reset the universe  a few times since then so who knows if that is actually in continuity anymore

Marvel don't reboot continuity just retcon it

47 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Exactly. I’m sure the first issue will have umpteen million variant covers, too.

Only 3 🙂

01.jpg

02.jpg

1 minute ago, JayC said:

Only 3 🙂

01.jpg

02.jpg

IDK if its just the artist but Falcon's suit looks better in the first image I posted above than in this one.

Now this looks good 🙂 they just need to find a way to bring Thunderstrike back and add him to the team.

2020 FORCE WORKS #1 (OF 3)
MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W)
JUANAN RAMIREZ (A)
COVER BY CARLOS GOMEZ
VARIANT COVER BY BEN OLIVER
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
The eruption of a violent robot revolution threatens all manner of biological life! Teetering on the precipice of extinction, there’s only one man with enough tactical skill, killer instinct and ruthless leadership to lead the rebellion: War Machine! Join War Machine and his elite paramilitary squad (U.S.Agent, Mockingbird, and Quake) in the final crusade for humanity’s fate!
32 pages/Rated T+ …$3.99

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjkvNDQ0L29yaWdpbmFsL0ZSQ1dSS1MyMDIwMDAxLmpwZz8xNTc0MzA3MjM5.jpg

7 minutes ago, JayC said:

Now this looks good 🙂 they just need to find a way to bring Thunderstrike back and add him to the team.

2020 FORCE WORKS #1 (OF 3)
MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W)
JUANAN RAMIREZ (A)
COVER BY CARLOS GOMEZ
VARIANT COVER BY BEN OLIVER
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
The eruption of a violent robot revolution threatens all manner of biological life! Teetering on the precipice of extinction, there’s only one man with enough tactical skill, killer instinct and ruthless leadership to lead the rebellion: War Machine! Join War Machine and his elite paramilitary squad (U.S.Agent, Mockingbird, and Quake) in the final crusade for humanity’s fate!
32 pages/Rated T+ …$3.99

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjkvNDQ0L29yaWdpbmFsL0ZSQ1dSS1MyMDIwMDAxLmpwZz8xNTc0MzA3MjM5.jpg

His son is now Thunderstrike so I don't think they will bring him back anytime soon.

27 minutes ago, tarot said:

His son is now Thunderstrike so I don't think they will bring him back anytime soon.

Then bring his son in. Just to be cool to see USAgent, War Machine and Thunderstrike in action together.

28 minutes ago, newcollector24680 said:

Man, I can't WAIT for those Disney+ series next year. Can someone tell me who tf US Agent is?

I think Jay already did that in the very first post on page 3, if you don't mind clicking back a page.