Best of 2019 Voting!!

tarot

Oh yeah I voted forgot to show my votes earlier, I obviously just went with the figure I personally liked more in each grouping

G1 Mr. Sinister
G2 Mysterio
G3 Scarlet Witch
G4 Moonstar
G5 Wolverine
G6 Hela
G7 Kingpin
G8 Hulk
G9 Jean Grey
G10 Juggs
G11 Beast

Some tough decisions!! btw Tarot i don't think the link in your last post works, i had to go back to your earlier post.

1. Hercules (very tough call though, and probably a sentimental pick on my part)
  2. MCU Mysterio
  3. Silver Samurai (altho Scarlet witch looks great!)
  4. Moonstar/Karma/Wolfsbane  (I like Polaris hair, but the karma & dani heads combined beat it imo)
  5. Havok - don't really care about either of these 2 but at least Havok feels like a new version instead of a tweaked older version
  6. Hela as that does seem like a better figure to me
  7. Kingpin - definitely a figure i wish i had gotten somehow
  8. Hulk altho i do love the nightcrawler figure too, sorry Kurt!
  9. Vibranium Panther - i like this fig and never picked up Jean, plus i keep hearing QC complaints about her
  10. Juggernaut
  11. Beast

I know I’m going to get alot of slack for doing this, but I have decided to cancel the previous voting. I realized it was an unfair way of doing thing and wasn’t exactly what people liked doing. (Hell I got people messaging me saying it was stupid). Instead I will just do the obvious thing and have you pick 3 of the finalists. You have to pick 3 (no more or less).

https://nearcompleteset.survey.fm/overall-best-ml-2019

Went with Hulk, Nightcrawler, and write-in 80th Iron Man,

...although from the list Beast, herc and silver samurai are also top contenders

...and in terms of sentimental picks i would probably add 80th Thor, Cap, and Colossus too. 

Just too many great figures this year to really narrow it down to 3.

1. Hulk - possibly my favorite ML overall, just a figure that's hard to stop playing around with.

2. Nightcrawler - long-awaited character whose accessories make him pretty much a perfect figure for the character.

3.   Found 80th iron man to be surprisingly great (i don't care about the arm mix-up), also like the tony stark head and i find myself constantly using the effect pieces he comes with in all sorts of pics.  He's the 1st comic Iron Man i've bought (aside from the misbegotten GotG version) and i don't think i'll ever need another one. 

Thor could use more range of motion for his head, and Cap has derpy eyes, otherwise one of them may have been my write-in choice instead.  These are both characters i like more than Iron Man but i think IM's figure doesn't have the flaws that these two have.

Went with Juggernaut, Jean Grey and Nightcrawler.

Would've gone with Beast but I hated that headsculpt and expression. Juggernaut is my "Best Marvel Legends" of the year.

Edit: Probably would've gone with Gambit as a write-in if I noticed it before sending reply. I also hated that Jubilee...her bubble gum broke off the first time I took the head out of the blister pack. I'm also not a fan of exposed legs on these teenage female bucks. They're way too muscular for their own good. See also Cuckoos.

Went with Nightcrawler of course, figure of the year as far as I'm concerned.  Then Hulk, and did a write in for Colossus.  Would have written in Gambit as well, but thought Colossus deserved the shot more.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:43 AM, Benn said:

I went with Nightcrawler, Dani Moonstar, and Mr. Sinister, but Beast, Caliban, Emma Frost, Gambit, Havok, Jubilee, and Mystique were all pretty high up there for me too. It was a quality year.

This is why I hate "pick your favorite ______" I can easily think of 5 things off the top of my head with 20 others that I can come up with justifications as to why they belong.

(I believe I have to say this first because people still complain about the results. This was voted for by you the readers so no Complaints. Get it? Got it. Good.) Anyhow, over the last couple of weeks and months, I have been asking you what was the best figure of a various categories, the winners of each moved onto the final, which you voted for last week. Well the results are in and we now have an overall winner.

But before that, let’s have a look and the 3rd and 2nd place runners-up. I won’t go into detail since I talk about how fantastic these are already.

• hulk04.jpg?w=400
    3rd Place (14.14%) – 80th Anniversary Hulk
  • beast02.jpg?w=400
    2nd Place (16.16%) – Caliban Wave Beast

Well that was the runners up so who could have won? Who could have beaten 2 of the best figure that have ever been released for these characters if not best figures ever. I will say that it was a very close race with the winner only winning by a few votes. But the Overall Best Marvel Legends of 2019 as voted by you is……………………..

nightcrawler01.jpg?w=723
Marvel Legends X-men Caliban wave Nightcrawler

With 20.2% of the votes, we have Nightcrawler. Many people didn’t think Hasbro could beat the Toybiz version. Hell, some even think that they still haven’t yet. But no one can’t deny that this is a brilliant figure and is needed for any collection.

Well, that the best figure of 2019. I know most will disagree but remember like I said several time this was voted for by you the readers. Thanks to all the people who voted and to all who stuck with this site for the past three year (has it really been that long?). Hopefully next year won’t be the last year of ML (we still don’t know the story with Hasbro and the License extension) and I can continue for many many years.

These are good choices.  Honestly Hulk is # 1 for me but i know x-men fans tend to dominate ML polls and Beast and Nightcrawler are both great figures so no complaints here. 

The three x-waves were imo better than this year's spider-waves or mcu waves, providing for the most part quality versions of a lot of characters people had been awaiting a long time.  For me, though, the best thing this year was the 80th line and i hope that format continues in some way in 2020, despite how it didn't seem very successful at retail aside from perhaps  the Hulk and Juggs 2-packs.