Shazzam4242

80 years Marvel Legends Captain America

I’ve noticed that all of the 80 years Marvel Legends Captain America action figures that I can find online are with a variant masked Captain America head. My question is has anyone seen the variant head as an unmasked Captain America? Because that is what is the case with my action figure that I found ya a Walmart a few months ago.

Thanks!

Brett

E6925833-A18A-4A36-9EC8-08FC9D1DE5C9.jpeg

That looks like the work of a parts-swapper. Somebody bought that before you, carefully opened it, took out the head they wanted, put in a different head they didn't want, and then returned it to Walmart. That's definitely not a Steve Rogers head. It looks like it might be Namor? Sorry about that!

3 hours ago, Benn said:

That looks like the work of a parts-swapper. Somebody bought that before you, carefully opened it, took out the head they wanted, put in a different head they didn't want, and then returned it to Walmart. That's definitely not a Steve Rogers head. It looks like it might be Namor? Sorry about that!

Yeah, that's a Namor head

Yeah dude you got swindled here, that is certainly the work of a part-swapping jerk, bummer

Never ceases to both amaze and sicken me. At any given time there are at least 10 different factors working against the honest collector. We don't NEED guys like this @$$-hat making things that much harder.

33 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

thats a shame =/  especially for that figure. it was too darn hard to find.

Yup still never seen it here in Canada , I don't think we will ever see it, not inless I want it for 80 to 100 dollars from some poacher, Vintage Cap remains my Cap

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yup still never seen it here in Canada , I don't think we will ever see it, not inless I want it for 80 to 100 dollars from some poacher, Vintage Cap remains my Cap

That's so strange. I'm in Thailand at the moment and here they have these Caps on 30% off, as much as you want.

I suppose a part swapping is possible, but the box really seems unopened and it was bought at Walmart right around the time that the figure came out. I’m talking to Hasbro customer service to see if they know anything though. 

39 minutes ago, Shazzam4242 said:

I suppose a part swapping is possible, but the box really seems unopened and it was bought at Walmart right around the time that the figure came out. I’m talking to Hasbro customer service to see if they know anything though. 

Accept it my friend, it's a part swap. A steady hand can do one, and you'd never know by looking at the packaging.

12 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

You're Canadian? I never would have known it by your accent. In my area we got a major influx but it was a huge flash in the pan. One day every store in the area had them and the next day it was all gone. I think I've only seen like one Thor since and it was dusty enough it looked like someone had stashed it and someone finally put it on the shelf.

Thanks guys. I’ve seen Thor and Iron Man all over the place even cheap on Amazon currently. I’m actually getting a replacement Captain America from Hasbro after reaching out to me they agree with the swapping scenario and are sending me a new Captain America. So pretty cool of them!

3 hours ago, Shazzam4242 said:

Thanks guys. I’ve seen Thor and Iron Man all over the place even cheap on Amazon currently. I’m actually getting a replacement Captain America from Hasbro after reaching out to me they agree with the swapping scenario and are sending me a new Captain America. So pretty cool of them!

That's good to hear

11 hours ago, Shazzam4242 said:

wow  nice. awesome on them for doing that