Make an Iron Man Wave

leokearon

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

I bet most fans would be crazy for completing animated series villains and hero team (including new hawkeye) in possible and inevitable retro Iron Man line, but main star should be modular armor but really if figure isn't metallic like Hasbro's carbonized red stormtrooper I will pass on any iron man they make, it just pointless for me to have iron man that isn't metallic. As for not retro, I would kill for new version of modern armor that resembles Extremis, I'm not sure how they call it now, or just extremis itself  because that's my all time favorite armor for him.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 8.08.38 PM.png

We actually have most of Mandarin's minions (yes that was what they were call), except Whiplash. Hypnotia was made for the cartoon so she is not getting a figure and we only need a new Mandarin and MODOK. (and a dreadknight re-release but since I have him already it can be skipped).

25 minutes ago, tarot said:

We actually have most of Mandarin's minions (yes that was what they were call), except Whiplash. Hypnotia was made for the cartoon so she is not getting a figure and we only need a new Mandarin and MODOK. (and a dreadknight re-release but since I have him already it can be skipped).

Blizzard should be done in accurate fashion imo, Dreadknight is going for crazy dollar on after market his rerelease is long due, Living laser needs accurate look as well, Hypntoia might be cartoon based but there's a lot of customs and definite demand for her + she will be super easy repaint of existing female mold no need for anything new unless there's some character rights issue. As for Gargoyle and Whirlwind  they are cheap so far so no need for them but some people still buy repaints which Hasbro does love making. 

13 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Blizzard should be done in accurate fashion imo, Dreadknight is going for crazy dollar on after market his rerelease is long due, Living laser needs accurate look as well, Hypntoia might be cartoon based but there's a lot of customs and definite demand for her + she will be super easy repaint of existing female mold no need for anything new unless there's some character rights issue. As for Gargoyle and Whirlwind  they are cheap so far so no need for them but some people still buy repaints which Hasbro does love making. 

There shouldn't be any problems with a Hypnotia figure being made. She was created by Marvel (their animation branch) and Hasbro stayed back at Toy Fair they have access to the whole Marvel Catalogue. If they do re-release Dreadknight (Which they should), I hope he's a rider with his Hellhorse

On 10/25/2020 at 8:23 AM, SpiderS said:

".... but really if figure isn't metallic like Hasbro's carbonized red stormtrooper I will pass on any iron man they make, it just pointless for me to have iron man that isn't metallic"....

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 8.08.38 PM.png

Well they sure did shifzt the bed with Scarlet Centurion 'cause they didn't do any metallic look on that at all (along with all the other errors that figure has). Which made no sense because they just did Daredevil's "armored" suit and they used metallic red on it!

Why, Hasbro?

WHY??

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Well they sure did shifzt the bed with Scarlet Centurion 'cause they didn't do any metallic look on that at all (along with all the other errors that figure has). Which made no sense because they just did Daredevil's "armored" suit and they used metallic red on it!

Why, Hasbro?

WHY??

Where are the Shinies Hasbro?

14 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Why, Hasbro?

WHY??

exactly its sooooo annoying at this point, despite all advances in ML line metallic red for iron man is one thing they still won't or can't do.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 11:59 AM, SpiderS said:

exactly its sooooo annoying at this point, despite all advances in ML line metallic red for iron man is one thing they still won't or can't do.

I was just looking at the review for the retro Gambit. The new one gets a better head, a softer, more pliable trench coat which makes posing easier (even though its the exact same coat, only with a lighter colour), and far better detailed translucent effects. Gambit came out just a year ago so if anyone missed it, they get another chance.

But the main thing is, its not out of the realm of possibility that they could re-do Silver Centurion with metallic red (and fix that helmet thing too. At the very least, make his back pack accurately).

So...fingers crossed?

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I was just looking at the review for the retro Gambit. The new one gets a better head, a softer, more pliable trench coat which makes posing easier (even though its the exact same coat, only with a lighter colour), and far better detailed translucent effects. Gambit came out just a year ago so if anyone missed it, they get another chance.

But the main thing is, its not out of the realm of possibility that they could re-do Silver Centurion with metallic red (and fix that helmet thing too. At the very least, make his back pack accurately).

So...fingers crossed?

I doubt it sadly, I think until people will really force the "metallic (iron man) question" on Hasbro team not much will change.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The thing about an Iron Man wave (also a Fantastic Four wave) is that its got versatility built right in. You can have so many variations without appearing "forced", and you can use that versatility to bring in some of the other Marvel characters that just don't get the love that say, Spidey or X-Men do. Sure, you could say that this or that character doesn't "belong" in a wave, but really, is it gonna stop you from buying it if its a well done figure? Red Wolf and classic Moonstone in an Iron Man wave that also has Iron Man NOW or Mainframe, yeah sign me up!

950a3b4c3f0e0e70aee0d7f1629aa4d6.jpg