Make an Iron Man Wave

leokearon

Having been mentioned ina  couple of other threads. Iron Man could easily have his own wave (or two or three). After all, the Iron Monger wave to tie-in with Iron Mna 3 got me back into MArvel legends. 

A couple of rules though.

1. Keep it to six or seven figures
  2. Since this is an Iron Man wave, there has to be at least two Iron Men armours
  3. As well as Iron Man friends and enemeies, Avengers and their foes will be allowed

So with those established get suggesting

okay I love these.

1. Silver Centurion - a slight remold of the Classic version with new torso and head
  2. War Machine MK I- Count as a Iron Man armor since he wore it first. Plus we really need a new comic book war machine
  3. Mandarin - Just give us a mandarin. I don't even care if it's the super racist earlier version. Just give us a new comic Mandarin!!!
  4. Iron Heart MKII (or the Champions version) - I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten her yet.
  5. Madame Masque - The one we got was great.....for the time but does need a new updated mold. 
  6. Crimson Dynamo - really does need a figure by now
  7. Guardsman - easy repaint of an existing mold a new head.
  8. BAF- Controller- Yeah we could get a Titanium man but I want to leave both russian in different waves. So I thought the controller would be a better fit.

I love these ideas, and I agree that if the Fantastic Four can get their own wave (thank you!), then Iron Man certainly can, too.

Wave 1

1. Iron Man (first appearance)
  2. Iron Man (Silver Centurion)
  3. Tigra
  4. The Mandarin
  5. Crimson Dynamo
  6. Guardsman
  • Build-a-Figure: Titanium Man

Wave 2

1. Iron Man (Modular armor)
  2. War Machine
  3. Stingray
  4. Madame Masque
  5. Dreadknight (re-release or repaint of the version from the SDCC Vault box set)
  6. Whiplash 
  • Build-a-Figure: The Controller

Exclusive 

1. Iron Man (repaint of first appearance Iron Man with gold, ala Avengers #1)

I threw Tigra and Stingray into waves for some variety. Tigra was Iron Man's teammate in both The Avengers and West Coast Avengers, and seriously, they need to make this figure. And Stingray was part of the original Armor Wars storyline, plus he's a simple repaint figure of an existing body mold with an original head and wing attachments. 

11 minutes ago, Crossbones666 said:

I'm going with an MCU Iron Man wave

1. Iron Man Stealth Suit thing

2. War Machine Mk 4 or 5

3. Happy Hogan

4. Iron Legion

5. Whiplash

6. Aldrich Killian

BAF: Iron Monger

I’d also go MCU:

1. Suit case Armor (Iron Man 2)

2. Obadiah Stane (ala “Tony Stark Built one in a cave!!” Scene) / with alternate Justin Hammer and Aldrich Killian heads

3. Prototype Armor (all silver that he crashed through his roof)

4. Whiplash

5. Pepper Potts in proper work attire 

6. Main Red and Gold Iron Man 1 in updated articulation

BAF: Iron Monger with alternate Stane heads, one reg and one battle damaged 

If they ever do pull the trigger on an IM specific wave I feel like they'll need to do at least two waves to make it worth their while. Also, I still strongly subscribe to the belief that Hasbro does their best to keep to as few new sculpts as possible, especially in comic based waves. This would leave a buncha much wanted characters on the curb, but I feel it is the most realistic possibility. Those two personal guidelines in place, here's my waves.

Wave 1:

1. Silver Centurion - Seems to be the next logical step for Hasbro as he's at the top of most lists. This was my personal jumping on point for IM comics. Loved the color scheme.

2. War Machine (comic) - Long awaited and unjustly ignored to this point for no reason whatsoever. I'm gonna count this as the 2nd IM cuz Tony wore it first.

3. Mandarin - Much like War Machine this guy has been totally disregarded and disrespected. The shear portrayal of Trevor as Mandarin was a slap in the face in itself, yet he warranted a figure. Sad.

4. Guardsman (original) - This one can be used as the original villain or as an army builder for the Vault Guardsmen. This is win/win and it can be done on the Beetle mold with some over lay

5. Madame Masque - Badly in need of a redo from the Dark Days version. A must for any IM collection.

6. Maria Hill - Gotta have his arch nemesis from his days as SHIELD director. Another character badly in need of redo that can be done on any number of existing molds. Include a Sharon Carter head sculpt to double up sales.

7. Blacklash - Yes, before Whiplash there was this guy in Hammer's stable of goons. A classic villain with a simple design.

BAF - Controller - Somehow, somewhere this guy got forgotten about in the world of Iron Man. No slouch in the evil department, it's time to put him on the ML map.

Wave 2:

1. Extremis IM - Badly in need of a redo so we can forget about the dainty version that was actually feminine enough to double as Rescue.

2. Stealth IM - This can be a simple black repaint of the 80th Anniversary IM, cuz that's pretty much what it was in the comics.

3. Crimson Dynamo - Another fan fave in need of an update. This Russian counterpart would fly off the shelf if only for his cool design.

4. Tigra - For pretty much the same reason others have included her on their list. WE FREAKING NEED HER ALREADY!

5. Jocasta - Easy design. Add some some detail to an existing buck, make a damn good head sculpt and we can call it good. Bonus: she can serve double duty to be used with the Lillandra head sculpt.

6. Nick Fury, Jr. - This is just a no-brainer to me and I don't understand why it hasn't been done. Do it in his SHIELD commander suit and include old and young Commander Rogers swap head sculpts.

7. Melter - Simplistic design and crazy psychedelic color scheme. In other words, perfect. Easy reuse of the Night Thrasher mold with some glue on parts.

BAF - Nothing more fitting than a Big Ass Honkin' Titanium Man.

I've specifically excluded Iron Heart simply for two reasons. Firstly, similar to Captain Marvel and Mar-Vell, I honestly don't think Marvel would have this character overshadowed by Iron Man. Secondly, I do really think a Champions wave or set is somewhere in the works for the not too distant future.

13 minutes ago, monron999 said:

If they ever do pull the trigger on an IM specific wave I feel like they'll need to do at least two waves to make it worth their while. Also, I still strongly subscribe to the belief that Hasbro does their best to keep to as few new sculpts as possible, especially in comic based waves. This would leave a buncha much wanted characters on the curb, but I feel it is the most realistic possibility. Those two personal guidelines in place, here's my waves.

Wave 1:

1. Silver Centurion - Seems to be the next logical step for Hasbro as he's at the top of most lists. This was my personal jumping on point for IM comics. Loved the color scheme.

2. War Machine (comic) - Long awaited and unjustly ignored to this point for no reason whatsoever. I'm gonna count this as the 2nd IM cuz Tony wore it first.

3. Mandarin - Much like War Machine this guy has been totally disregarded and disrespected. The shear portrayal of Trevor as Mandarin was a slap in the face in itself, yet he warranted a figure. Sad.

4. Guardsman (original) - This one can be used as the original villain or as an army builder for the Vault Guardsmen. This is win/win and it can be done on the Beetle mold with some over lay

5. Madame Masque - Badly in need of a redo from the Dark Days version. A must for any IM collection.

6. Maria Hill - Gotta have his arch nemesis from his days as SHIELD director. Another character badly in need of redo that can be done on any number of existing molds. Include a Sharon Carter head sculpt to double up sales.

7. Blacklash - Yes, before Whiplash there was this guy in Hammer's stable of goons. A classic villain with a simple design.

BAF - Controller - Somehow, somewhere this guy got forgotten about in the world of Iron Man. No slouch in the evil department, it's time to put him on the ML map.

Wave 2:

1. Extremis IM - Badly in need of a redo so we can forget about the dainty version that was actually feminine enough to double as Rescue.

2. Stealth IM - This can be a simple black repaint of the 80th Anniversary IM, cuz that's pretty much what it was in the comics.

3. Crimson Dynamo - Another fan fave in need of an update. This Russian counterpart would fly off the shelf if only for his cool design.

4. Tigra - For pretty much the same reason others have included her on their list. WE FREAKING NEED HER ALREADY!

5. Jocasta - Easy design. Add some some detail to an existing buck, make a damn good head sculpt and we can call it good. Bonus: she can serve double duty to be used with the Lillandra head sculpt.

6. Nick Fury, Jr. - This is just a no-brainer to me and I don't understand why it hasn't been done. Do it in his SHIELD commander suit and include old and young Commander Rogers swap head sculpts.

7. Melter - Simplistic design and crazy psychedelic color scheme. In other words, perfect. Easy reuse of the Night Thrasher mold with some glue on parts.

BAF - Nothing more fitting than a Big Ass Honkin' Titanium Man.

I've specifically excluded Iron Heart simply for two reasons. Firstly, similar to Captain Marvel and Mar-Vell, I honestly don't think Marvel would have this character overshadowed by Iron Man. Secondly, I do really think a Champions wave or set is somewhere in the works for the not too distant future.

those waves would be pretty much perfect, I wonder if riri would ever pop up as a walgreens exclusive? I could see that happening

22 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I love these ideas, and I agree that if the Fantastic Four can get their own wave (thank you!), then Iron Man certainly can, too.

Wave 1

1. Iron Man (first appearance)
  2. Iron Man (Silver Centurion)
  3. Tigra
  4. The Mandarin
  5. Crimson Dynamo
  6. Guardsman
  • Build-a-Figure: Titanium Man

Wave 2

1. Iron Man (Modular armor)
  2. War Machine
  3. Stingray
  4. Madame Masque
  5. Dreadknight (re-release or repaint of the version from the SDCC Vault box set)
  6. Whiplash 
  • Build-a-Figure: The Controller

Exclusive 

1. Iron Man (repaint of first appearance Iron Man with gold, ala Avengers #1)

I threw Tigra and Stingray into waves for some variety. Tigra was Iron Man's teammate in both The Avengers and West Coast Avengers, and seriously, they need to make this figure. And Stingray was part of the original Armor Wars storyline, plus he's a simple repaint figure of an existing body mold with an original head and wing attachments. 

I was going t chime in here, but your waves are pretty much mine.  The only change I would make is swapping in a classic version of Living Laser for Dreadknight.  Firstly, because I already have him, but secondly - and more importantly - because he should be released as an Ultimate Rider instead.  There's several characters strongly associated with their horses (flying or otherwise) and if Hasbro made a basic horse sculpt that was able to take a pair of snap-on wings when the character called for it, they could get some real mileage out of it the same way they've done with those basic motorcycle and scooter vehicles.  We've got Aragorn (Black Knight and Valkyrie), Banshee (Phantom Rider / Old West Ghost Rider), Brightwind (Mirage), Elendil (Dreadknight), Nightwind (Rawhide Kid),  Thunder (Two-Gun Kid), and Valinor (Black Knight [Professor Garrett]) at least, by my count.

2 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

I was going t chime in here, but your waves are pretty much mine.  The only change I would make is swapping in a classic version of Living Laser for Dreadknight.

Yeah, I could do classic LL or Melter or Unicorn or anybody else in that spot and not really mind.

2 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

more importantly - because he should be released as an Ultimate Rider instead.  There's several characters strongly associated with their horses (flying or otherwise) and if Hasbro made a basic horse sculpt that was able to take a pair of snap-on wings when the character called for it, they could get some real mileage out of it the same way they've done with those basic motorcycle and scooter vehicles.  We've got Aragorn (Black Knight and Valkyrie), Banshee (Phantom Rider / Old West Ghost Rider), Brightwind (Mirage), Elendil (Dreadknight), Nightwind (Rawhide Kid),  Thunder (Two-Gun Kid), and Valinor (Black Knight [Professor Garrett]) at least, by my count.

I definitely agree with that. I've wanted some horse-themed riders for a while, including one of my most desired villains Nightmare, who isn't always pictured riding a black horse, but sometimes.

As for the wings, I think they could be attached to the saddle/mount if they were too difficult to attach to the body of the horse mold.

I''ll give this a go for fun (I'm sure most of you have already picked the characters I have)

• Iron Man (Endo-Sym Armor)
  • Ghost (original outfit)
  • Iron Heart
  • War Machine (Classic) (no BAF Piece)
  • Crimson Cowl (Justine)
  • Shockwave
  • Madame Masque
  • 2 PACK - Mandarin & Iron Man (Outer Atmospheric Armor)
  • BAF = Iron Man (Godkiller Armour)

Wave 1:

• Extremis Iron Man: A redo of the Terrax Wave figure, with a better bulk, scale and articulation, and an Adi Granov Tony Stark head.
  • Modern Mandarin: Upgraded male suited body to reduce tooling costs, and pour that into alternate hands and ring effects.
  • Modern Blizzard: A retool of the Hulkbuster Wave Blizzard with ice accessories.
  • Classic War Machine: With unibeam in the upper torso for the Rhodes version. Plenty of firepower accessories.
  • Classic Madame Masque: A redo of Epic Heroes Wave figure.
  • Ghost: Re-release of the SDCC Thunderbolts pack.
  • BAF - Modern Classic Titanium Man: A redo of the Iron Man: Armored Avenger figure from 2011.

Wave 2:

• Silver Centurion Iron Man: Using the 80 Years buck as base.
  • Workshop Tony Stark: With interchangeable feet and hands, kinda like the S.H.Figuarts Iron Man 3 Tony Stark.
  • Ironheart MK III: With an unmasked Riri Williams head.
  • Firebrand: Gary Gilbert, with fire effects.
  • Zeke Stane
  • Jocasta
  • BAF - The Controller

Wave 3:

• Pentagon Iron Man: So it can be later retooled into both Osborn Iron Patriot and Rhodey Iron Patriot.
  • Rescue MK I: Retool/Re-release of the Marvel Unlimited figure, with Pepper Potts head
  • Modern Ultron: Pymtron, with two alternate heads. One full-Ultron, and the other half-half.
  • Modular Iron Man: Redo of the ToyBiz figure, with modular accessories.
  • Dreadnaught: Some army-building fun.
  • Modern Whiplash: The second Anton Vanko, with either posable whips or retool of the Omega Red tentacles.
  • BAF - Hulkbuster Add-On

Wave 4: 

• Marvel NOW! Iron Man: Redo of the Hulkbuster Wave figure with modular accessories
  • Initiative War Machine: Redo of the Iron Man: Armored Avenger 2011 figure.
  • Neo-Classic Iron Man: Redo of the Epic Heroes / Retro Wave figures, using the 80 Years buck as base.
  • Classic Mandarin: A redo of the ToyBiz figure.
  • Guardsman
  • Classic Modern Black Widow: A redo of the Retro Wave figure.
  • BAF - Crimson Dynamo: Dimitri Bukharin.

Tried to distribute figures evenly, without putting all my top figures in Wave 1, balance tooling costs, and balance modern/classic versions. Some honorable mentions include: Iron Man 2020, Iron Man MK I, Heroes Return Iron Man, Stealth Iron Man, Classic Ghost, Ultimo (BAF), Modern Stealth Iron Man, Heavy Duty Iron Man (BAF), Modern War Machine, Ironheart MK II, Detroit Steel (BAF), Arsenal (BAF), Ultimate Iron Man.

Wave 1:

BAF:  Titanium Man (Classic)

Extremis Iron Man Update (No BAF Piece)

Silver Centurion Armor

War Machine Mk. 1 (Comic)

Mandarin

Blacklash

Melter

Tigra

Wave 2:

BAF:  Controller

90's Modular Armor (No BAF Piece)

Iron Man 2020/Arno Stark

Count Nefaria

Madame Masque Update

Crimson Dynamo Mk IV

Modern Whiplash

Comic Rescue w/ Unmasked Head

So updated fin fang foom baf for an iron Man wave and maybe an mcu ironmonger baf featuring,

Mkll

Mklll

Pepper

Obadiah stain

Stealth suit(comic)

Shotgun armor

House of m armor

Iron Patriot(Norman osborn)

Baf: iron monger

Mandarin

Whiplash (comic)

Magma armor