Jump to content
JayC

A Team Of Mutants Like You've Never Seen Before

Recommended Posts

This March, prepare to meet the most dysfunctional X-Men team you could possibly imagine! Just who are these guys? Check back each day this week starting tomorrow to find out! Who do you think will make the team???

Marvel-Mutants.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LordSinister74 said:

One of the outlines looks like Nanny. Maybe Orphan Maker is there too.

Another looks to be the new female Captain Britain.

Count me in as intrigued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Boy_Blunder said:

Pretty sure the bottom right corner is Emplate.

Are you sure? It looks like Sinister's cape. Also, that upper left silhouette can't be Havok, can it? It can't be that easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Havok is probably the big

Nanny is i think is the egg looking character 

I dont know why but the dude in the bottom center gives me a vlucan vybe

It looks like sinister but only from the cap

And wolfsbane as the wolf jumping towards us character

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Havok, Nanny, Betsy, Sinister, Wolfsbane, Rusty Collins, someone with a pet monkey on their shoulder, and the Night King? I don't know. I'm open to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a bad sign when Marvel publicizes a series of ads for a new comic INSTEAD of the comic itself?

What am saying? In this day and age, its a bad sign when Marvel makes a comic at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mako said:

Is it a bad sign when Marvel publicizes a series of ads for a new comic INSTEAD of the comic itself?

What am saying? In this day and age, its a bad sign when Marvel makes a comic at all.

**Gasp! 

Things must be really bad for you to be saying something is bad. It's not like you complain about EVERYTHING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Benn said:

Havok, Nanny, Betsy, Sinister, Wolfsbane, Rusty Collins, someone with a pet monkey on their shoulder, and the Night King? I don't know. I'm open to it.

Night King confirmed.  That monkey on the shoulder looks to me like maybe the barrel of a gun being leveled at the camera in the character's left hand.  Fantomex, maybe?

Edit: joking of course on the Night King.  My guess, based on the shoulders and things coming off the head (as well as the obvious Nanny silhouette) is Orphan Maker.

2628224-orphan_maker.thumb.jpg.9de7becb9a4643ee51f0095b0c97351e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Havok and Psylocke confirmed.

Marvel-Mutants-08.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, memocromatico said:

**Gasp! 

Things must be really bad for you to be saying something is bad. It's not like you complain about EVERYTHING

Especially since he toooOOooOOootally reads comics so he actually knows 100% what he's talking about and isn't talking out of his butt. Nuh-huh. Watch out, it's an Expert's word. With capital E.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not Psylocke anymore, is it?  I thought Betsy was back in OG British form and Kwannon/Revanche was now back in her original body. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jmacq1 said:

That's not Psylocke anymore, is it?  I thought Betsy was back in OG British form and Kwannon was now back in her original/proper body. 

She's been going by Psylocke ever since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ADour said:

She's been going by Psylocke ever since then.

Oh so Betsy is now Captain Britain and Kwannon is now Psylocke?

Anyway, Nanny and Orphan Maker are a supremely weird choice, which can sometimes be fun. 

Arms-outstretched guy candidates seem to be Vulcan or Sunfire.

Sinister, Danger, and Cecilia Reyes could all fit the "frills/braids/we're not quite sure" silhouette.

Wolfsbane or Feral for "leaps with claws"

No clue on the central/hooded/thing-on-shoulder character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Oh so Betsy is now Captain Britain and Kwannon is now Psylocke?

Yup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say if they're going for "maximum dysfunction":

Havok

Psylocke

Nanny and Orphan Maker

Sinister

Vulcan

Feral

Still no clue on the last guy, doesn't look quite right for the Shadow King to me. (EDIT:  I'm gonna go on a limb and guess Scalphunter/Grey Fox).

If that turns out to be the lineup my only real question would be "What the heck is this team's purpose?" and that's some ridiculous power imbalance there (Especially if that last one IS the Shadow King).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

I'd say if they're going for "maximum dysfunction":

Havok

Psylocke

Nanny and Orphan Maker

Sinister

Vulcan

Feral

Still no clue on the last guy, doesn't look quite right for the Shadow King to me. (EDIT:  I'm gonna go on a limb and guess Scalphunter/Grey Fox).

If that turns out to be the lineup my only real question would be "What the heck is this team's purpose?" and that's some ridiculous power imbalance there (Especially if that last one IS the Shadow King).

My money is that the last guy is X-Cutioner based on the hood and the fact that he seems to be carrying some type of weapon(s) on his back. The look would have changed a bit, but that's not so uncommon, especially in mutant books. Also, I'm leaning more towards Sunfire rather than Vulcan.

138751-51423-x-cutioner.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, monron999 said:

My money is that the last guy is X-Cutioner based on the hood and the fact that he seems to be carrying some type of weapon(s) on his back. The look would have changed a bit, but that's not so uncommon, especially in mutant books. Also, I'm leaning more towards Sunfire rather than Vulcan.

138751-51423-x-cutioner.jpg

Oh man, I'd love X-Cutioner, but he's not a mutant so doesn't seem like it'd make sense.  Loved the character concept, though, even if he only had a few appearances. 

Sunfire is a strong possibility, given his sometimes-abrasive personality (and I don't think Vulcan wore that style of glove).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Oh man, I'd love X-Cutioner, but he's not a mutant so doesn't seem like it'd make sense.  Loved the character concept, though, even if he only had a few appearances. 

Sunfire is a strong possibility, given his sometimes-abrasive personality (and I don't think Vulcan wore that style of glove).

Damn, you're right! Alright, I'd like to officially rescind my previous guess of the awesome X-Cutioner and replace it with Gauntlet from the Dark Riders, which of course, was what I meant in the first place. Of course. Obviously. I don't think his powers have ever been completely explained but it seems they may be somewhat similar to both Forge and Scalphunter who are forms of technomorphs who can invent and concoct machinery and weapons on the fly. Aaaaaand, it's never been fully confirmed whether he is actually a mutant or not, leaving an easy retcon if necessary.

gauntlet.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, monron999 said:

Damn, you're right! Alright, I'd like to officially rescind my previous guess of the awesome X-Cutioner and replace it with Gauntlet from the Dark Riders, which of course, was what I meant in the first place. Of course. Obviously. I don't think his powers have ever been completely explained but it seems they may be somewhat similar to both Forge and Scalphunter who are forms of technomorphs who can invent and concoct machinery and weapons on the fly. Aaaaaand, it's never been fully confirmed whether he is actually a mutant or not, leaving an easy retcon if necessary.

gauntlet.jpg

Good call. I had thought it might be Gauntlet too, but I couldn't see the shoulder thing as a gun, and couldn't figure out what he'd have on his shoulder, so I decided I was wrong. I think I also second guessed myself because it was my understanding he's an inhuman. I'd love to see him get some real characterization, though, so I hope you're right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Shop for Marvel Action Figures

  • Topics

  • Posts



×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE