A Team Of Mutants Like You've Never Seen Before

JayC

6 hours ago, mako said:

Is it a bad sign when Marvel publicizes a series of ads for a new comic INSTEAD of the comic itself?

What am saying? In this day and age, its a bad sign when Marvel makes a comic at all.

**Gasp! 

Things must be really bad for you to be saying something is bad. It's not like you complain about EVERYTHING

10 hours ago, Benn said:

Havok, Nanny, Betsy, Sinister, Wolfsbane, Rusty Collins, someone with a pet monkey on their shoulder, and the Night King? I don't know. I'm open to it.

Night King confirmed.  That monkey on the shoulder looks to me like maybe the barrel of a gun being leveled at the camera in the character's left hand.  Fantomex, maybe?

Edit: joking of course on the Night King.  My guess, based on the shoulders and things coming off the head (as well as the obvious Nanny silhouette) is Orphan Maker.

2628224-orphan_maker.thumb.jpg.9de7becb9a4643ee51f0095b0c97351e.jpg

2 hours ago, memocromatico said:

**Gasp! 

Things must be really bad for you to be saying something is bad. It's not like you complain about EVERYTHING

Especially since he toooOOooOOootally reads comics so he actually knows 100% what he's talking about and isn't talking out of his butt. Nuh-huh. Watch out, it's an Expert's word. With capital E.

6 minutes ago, ADour said:

She's been going by Psylocke ever since then.

Oh so Betsy is now Captain Britain and Kwannon is now Psylocke?

Anyway, Nanny and Orphan Maker are a supremely weird choice, which can sometimes be fun. 

Arms-outstretched guy candidates seem to be Vulcan or Sunfire.

Sinister, Danger, and Cecilia Reyes could all fit the "frills/braids/we're not quite sure" silhouette.

Wolfsbane or Feral for "leaps with claws"

No clue on the central/hooded/thing-on-shoulder character.

I'd say if they're going for "maximum dysfunction":

Havok

Psylocke

Nanny and Orphan Maker

Sinister

Vulcan

Feral

Still no clue on the last guy, doesn't look quite right for the Shadow King to me. (EDIT:  I'm gonna go on a limb and guess Scalphunter/Grey Fox).

If that turns out to be the lineup my only real question would be "What the heck is this team's purpose?" and that's some ridiculous power imbalance there (Especially if that last one IS the Shadow King).

24 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

I'd say if they're going for "maximum dysfunction":

Havok

Psylocke

Nanny and Orphan Maker

Sinister

Vulcan

Feral

Still no clue on the last guy, doesn't look quite right for the Shadow King to me. (EDIT:  I'm gonna go on a limb and guess Scalphunter/Grey Fox).

If that turns out to be the lineup my only real question would be "What the heck is this team's purpose?" and that's some ridiculous power imbalance there (Especially if that last one IS the Shadow King).

My money is that the last guy is X-Cutioner based on the hood and the fact that he seems to be carrying some type of weapon(s) on his back. The look would have changed a bit, but that's not so uncommon, especially in mutant books. Also, I'm leaning more towards Sunfire rather than Vulcan.

138751-51423-x-cutioner.jpg

34 minutes ago, monron999 said:

My money is that the last guy is X-Cutioner based on the hood and the fact that he seems to be carrying some type of weapon(s) on his back. The look would have changed a bit, but that's not so uncommon, especially in mutant books. Also, I'm leaning more towards Sunfire rather than Vulcan.

138751-51423-x-cutioner.jpg

Oh man, I'd love X-Cutioner, but he's not a mutant so doesn't seem like it'd make sense.  Loved the character concept, though, even if he only had a few appearances. 

Sunfire is a strong possibility, given his sometimes-abrasive personality (and I don't think Vulcan wore that style of glove).

42 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Oh man, I'd love X-Cutioner, but he's not a mutant so doesn't seem like it'd make sense.  Loved the character concept, though, even if he only had a few appearances. 

Sunfire is a strong possibility, given his sometimes-abrasive personality (and I don't think Vulcan wore that style of glove).

Damn, you're right! Alright, I'd like to officially rescind my previous guess of the awesome X-Cutioner and replace it with Gauntlet from the Dark Riders, which of course, was what I meant in the first place. Of course. Obviously. I don't think his powers have ever been completely explained but it seems they may be somewhat similar to both Forge and Scalphunter who are forms of technomorphs who can invent and concoct machinery and weapons on the fly. Aaaaaand, it's never been fully confirmed whether he is actually a mutant or not, leaving an easy retcon if necessary.

gauntlet.jpg

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

Damn, you're right! Alright, I'd like to officially rescind my previous guess of the awesome X-Cutioner and replace it with Gauntlet from the Dark Riders, which of course, was what I meant in the first place. Of course. Obviously. I don't think his powers have ever been completely explained but it seems they may be somewhat similar to both Forge and Scalphunter who are forms of technomorphs who can invent and concoct machinery and weapons on the fly. Aaaaaand, it's never been fully confirmed whether he is actually a mutant or not, leaving an easy retcon if necessary.

gauntlet.jpg

Good call. I had thought it might be Gauntlet too, but I couldn't see the shoulder thing as a gun, and couldn't figure out what he'd have on his shoulder, so I decided I was wrong. I think I also second guessed myself because it was my understanding he's an inhuman. I'd love to see him get some real characterization, though, so I hope you're right!