A Team Of Mutants Like You've Never Seen Before

JayC

12 hours ago, Benn said:

Good call. I had thought it might be Gauntlet too, but I couldn't see the shoulder thing as a gun, and couldn't figure out what he'd have on his shoulder, so I decided I was wrong. I think I also second guessed myself because it was my understanding he's an inhuman. I'd love to see him get some real characterization, though, so I hope you're right!

I think it was intimated that he was an Inhuman, but I don't think there was any history to directly tie him to them. Also, they could pull something like they did with Namor and make him a mutant among his own kind. Either way, he's one of those Jim Lee/Whilce Portacio era characters I wish they would have developed on a lot more at the time.

Edit: Looking at the outstretched arm guy in the middle, those gloves look more and more like those cheezy gloves the Hellions used to wear. As he's resurfaced in the X-Books lately, I'm gonna go way out on a limb and say that guy is Bevatron. His powers are electrical in nature but they have never been fully explained or outlined so they could basically do anything they want with him.

6 hours ago, monron999 said:

I think it was intimated that he was an Inhuman, but I don't think there was any history to directly tie him to them. Also, they could pull something like they did with Namor and make him a mutant among his own kind. Either way, he's one of those Jim Lee/Whilce Portacio era characters I wish they would have developed on a lot more at the time.

Edit: Looking at the outstretched arm guy in the middle, those gloves look more and more like those cheezy gloves the Hellions used to wear. As he's resurfaced in the X-Books lately, I'm gonna go way out on a limb and say that guy is Bevatron. His powers are electrical in nature but they have never been fully explained or outlined so they could basically do anything they want with him.

Conversely, if we're going old-school Hellions the most "troublesome" would probably be Empath, who would be another strong contender (even if the pose might be a little weird). 

I do vaguely recall the Dark Riders being called Inhumans at some point.  But ehn, that's the kind of detail that's easily retconned.

I think Emplate is a strong possibility for "fringes silhouette" though Sinister remains a strong choice as well (mostly because he'd be personally despised by almost everyone on the team).

On a side note:  I mostly like the mild redesigns for Nanny and Orphan-Maker.

13 hours ago, FASVB said:

Back to the classic Jim Lee style! May she never change. I don't like that look for Havoc tho. 

Yeah, but it's his most "iconic/recognizable" look so with this whole "back to basics" approach House of X is taking with most of the costumes it makes sense.

And besides, maybe it means we'll finally get a decent modern Legends version of it....one more on the Outback X-Men Checklist!

12 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Yeah, but it's his most "iconic/recognizable" look so with this whole "back to basics" approach House of X is taking with most of the costumes it makes sense.

And besides, maybe it means we'll finally get a decent modern Legends version of it....one more on the Outback X-Men Checklist!

Never got the Legends, but I have the Select and besides the scale I am extremely happy with that one. To top, only an Apocalypse figure will do that. Don't know if you are into these, but I def recommend the Select

Tho Nanny and Orphanmaker are indeed unusual I think (besides Havoc and Psylocke) they were probably the least surprising as we all pretty much had them pegged from the jump. Now comes the real mysteries. Is that Wolfsbane or Feral? Who's wearing dreadlocks? I like the Danger prediction. Who's the plain dressed guy and who's wearing the hood?

1 hour ago, Bluecomet said:

i doubt it mr sinister will be here..he is so busy in his lab

On one hand I agree that between his seat on the High Council and his Lab he doesn't have time to be on a "team."  But somehow several of the other High Council members are managing it, so...who knows?  Emplate, Danger, and Sinister are all possible at this point.

Wild Child at top, Penance with the fringes.

The two in the center are hard reads, on because it's so plain, the other because it's such a specifically weird composition. I DO like the idea of Bevatron and Gauntlet as I believe they're two interesting (mostly) blank slates. There's a definite outback era feel here, though, so I wouldn't mind these other for reveals tying into that somehow. 

30 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Sinister & Scalphunter now good guys? Whoooo, so glad I quit collecting Marvel comics! And Humpty dumpty is a mutant as well? Who's the Micronaut ripoff supposed to be?

"Good guys."  The tweet Marvel used to announce  them definitely didn't make it sound like reformation is particularly in the cards.  The "Micronaut ripoff" is Orphan-Maker.  He's the bodyguard/enforcer of Nanny (The Humpty-Dumpty thing).  They're pretty obscure late 80's/early 90's creations.  Both are mutants though Orphan-Maker's power has never been explicitly revealed.  Nanny's a cyborg-mutant with low-level telepathy/suggestion powers.  Their whole shtick used to be running around gathering up young mutant kids (and killing their parents in the process) to try to "protect" them.

42 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Sinister & Scalphunter now good guys? Whoooo, so glad I quit collecting Marvel comics! And Humpty dumpty is a mutant as well? Who's the Micronaut ripoff supposed to be?

Nothing like somebody jumping to conclusions because they don't read comics... Then using the inaccurate conclusions to jusify doing so.

38 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

"Good guys."  The tweet Marvel used to announce  them definitely didn't make it sound like reformation is particularly in the cards.  The "Micronaut ripoff" is Orphan-Maker.  He's the bodyguard/enforcer of Nanny (The Humpty-Dumpty thing).  They're pretty obscure late 80's/early 90's creations.  Both are mutants though Orphan-Maker's power has never been explicitly revealed.  Nanny's a cyborg-mutant with low-level telepathy/suggestion powers.  Their whole shtick used to be running around gathering up young mutant kids (and killing their parents in the process) to try to "protect" them.

Thanks for the update. I remember those 2 characters & didn't like them then & even less now. Waste of space characters imo. As to the other posters comment, I don't need to be current with today's comics to have an opinion on 2 useless characters. And again, Mr Sinister & Scalphunter along with the rest of the Marauders were the main antagonists of the classic "Mutant massacre story arc. You telling me that now the genius powers that be at Marvel are turning them into good guys? Really,  2  characters  that have been pure evil murderers named "Mr Sinister & the other guy, "Scalphunter have now turned over a new leaf & are now good guys?

13 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I remember those 2 characters & didn't like them then & even less now. Waste of space characters imo. As to the other posters comment, I don't need to be current with today's comics to have an opinion on 2 useless characters.

You haven't read anything about those 2 characters since THEN when you didn't like them, you don't know them now and somehow you like them less. You haven't read this story or how they'll be part of it and think of them as a waste of space already. Sure, you don't need to be current with today's comics to have any opinion whatsoever, but your opinion won't be current either.