A Team Of Mutants Like You've Never Seen Before

JayC

13 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Thanks for the update. I remember those 2 characters & didn't like them then & even less now. Waste of space characters imo. As to the other posters comment, I don't need to be current with today's comics to have an opinion on 2 useless characters. And again, Mr Sinister & Scalphunter along with the rest of the Marauders were the main antagonists of the classic "Mutant massacre story arc. You telling me that now the genius powers that be at Marvel are turning them into good guys? Really,  2  characters  that have been pure evil murderers named "Mr Sinister & the other guy, "Scalphunter have now turned over a new leaf & are now good guys?

I was never particularly a fan of Nanny and Orphan Maker myself.  Mostly because there were a lot more compelling villains introduced during that timeframe (like Apocalypse and Sinister) and they just seemed to pale by comparison. 

But as to Sinister and Scalphunter, the tweet Marvel sent out announcing this didn't make it sound like they were going to be "good guys now."  They've already show in other titles that some of the villains who have been invited to Krakoa are indeed still in it just for themselves/their own agendas.  Sinister may well be no different.  The X-Men have had at least a few temporary-members in semi-recent years that turned out to still be rotten apples when the storylines were concluded.

So basically, I'd say your fears of Sinister becoming a "reluctant good guy" may be unfounded.

Earlier this year, Jonathan Hickman revitalized the X-Men franchise in HOUSE OF X and POWERS OF X, ushering in a new age of stories for mutantkind. Dawn of X kept the momentum going with six exciting launches, each exploring the X-Men’s new status quo in distinct ways, and this March, this bold era continues with the most unexpected lineup ever seen in an X-Men title… Introducing the new HELLIONS!

When the X-Men invited all mutants to Krakoa, they meant ALL mutants, even forgiving the past sins of some of their fiercest enemies. Chief among them was Mister Sinister who now tasks himself with finding purpose for mutantkind’s most dangerous outcasts: Wild Child, Nanny, Orphan Maker, Empath, and Scalphunter! Also on hand to do Sinister’s dirty work will be X-Men favorites Psylocke and Havok! Will they be able keep these murderous baddies in line or will the team’s deadly missions have them succumb to their own sinister natures?

Taking us along for this twisted ride will be writer Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, NEW MUTANTS). No stranger to dark humor and in-depth character studies, Zeb is the perfect guide into the unhinged minds that round out this cast. “I can't believe I get a chance to play in the sandbox Jonathan Hickman and company have so brilliantly created,” says Wells. “For my money it's the most exciting game in town and I can't wait to let this merry band of psychopaths loose in it.”

Joining him on this journey will be artist Stephen Segovia who’s made a name for himself in high octane books like CONTAGION and SUPERIOR CARNAGE. "I am HUGE fan of Zeb Wells' work. The moment I read his HELLIONS pitch, I was blown away,” says Segovia. “It's a new level of mutant stories and I was overjoyed and pumped to begin drawing it immediately. I can't wait for you guys to see the magic we're cooking up and I promise you'll enjoy the ride!"

If you think the book’s lineup is shocking, you ain’t seen nothing yet! Brace yourselves for more jaw dropping revelations and twists when HELLIONS #1 hit stands in March!

Marvel-Mutants-01.jpg

Yeah, that would certainly make for a very troublesome, weird, and highly dysfunctional combination.   Like...Wild Child is practically the only one there besides Havok or Psylocke that have ever really evidenced much in the way of redeeming qualities (and that depends entirely on how feral he is or isn't at any given moment).

And even Psylocke is kind of a strange one now, since it's not Betsy but rather Kwannon, who was a Hand Assassin before her body got hijacked.

I'm sure Havok's gonna be just thrilled to work with Sinister....

6 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

another comic to add to my budget..already collecting 6 x-men (dawn of x) titles..psylocke is my favorite character so I can’t miss this

Betsy's one of my favourites too, but I find it deeply weird that Kwannon is going by Psylocke now. I feel like if I were Kwannon, and I'd just gotten my body back after years of someone else wearing it, I'd want to distance myself from that person's name and costume as much as possible.

Fallen Angels writer Bryane Hill has confirmed that his book will evolve into Hellions, so it seems FA is done with issue #6. Doesn't seem like a bad thing, Zeb Wells has a good reputation, and I haven't heard many good things about Hill and Fallen Angels seemed to be the black sheep of Dawn of X. Plus, Stephen Segovia is a hundred times better than Szymon Kudranski.

On 12/7/2019 at 4:57 AM, Bluecomet said:

another comic to add to my budget..already collecting 6 x-men (dawn of x) titles..psylocke is my favorite character so I can’t miss this

On 12/7/2019 at 3:41 PM, ADour said:

Fallen Angels writer Bryane Hill has confirmed that his book will evolve into Hellions, so it seems FA is done with issue #6. 

Good news for your comic budget!

• 3 months later...