New Black Widow Movie Trailer And Poster

JayC

She's lived a lot of lives, but she's done running from her past. Black Widow opens in theaters on May 1, 2020.

Scarlett Johansson reprises her role as Natasha/Black Widow in Marvel Studios’ action-packed spy thriller Black Widow — the first film in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Florence Pugh stars as Yelena, David Harbour as Alexei aka The Red Guardian and Rachel Weisz as Melina.

Black-Widow-Poster.jpg

Now, this is the proper First Lady of the MCU effort. Natasha was unjustly passed over and the Anointed Goddess was put at point. Backspace, delete, replace. That's the right way to do it. This looks like everything that other loaded diaper was supposed to be. Hopefully this is a better sign for the future.

As far as the substance, I think it's going to be a mix of prequel and the time between Age of Ultron and Civil War. Looks like Red Guardian is going to be some sort of satirical take on the real one. Looks like Santa in cosplay. Let's hope it's not as bad as the whole Trevor clusterfook. I'm excited for this one.

4 hours ago, JayC said:

She's lived a lot of lives, but she's done running from her past. Black Widow opens in theaters on May 1, 2020.

Scarlett Johansson reprises her role as Natasha/Black Widow in Marvel Studios’ action-packed spy thriller Black Widow — the first film in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Florence Pugh stars as Yelena, David Harbour as Alexei aka The Red Guardian and Rachel Weisz as Melina.

Black-Widow-Poster.jpg

I'm intrigued. Although Taskmaster would honestly kick the stuffing out of Black Widow. Taskmaster routinely gives hero's like Captain America, Wolverine and Deadpool Trouble. But if He fights Red Guardian that seems fair. Seems like a good movie for fans, comic readers may have to continue to swallow some new variation in continuity/power sets.  

22 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I'm intrigued. Although Taskmaster would honestly kick the stuffing out of Black Widow. Taskmaster routinely gives hero's like Captain America, Wolverine and Deadpool Trouble. But if He fights Red Guardian that seems fair. Seems like a good movie for fans, comic readers may have to continue to swallow some new variation in continuity/power sets.  

You do know she has kicked Taskmaster butt a load of times right?

Looks good, and Just as I imagined it would, I am very excited about this movie, I am really hoping for a Winter Soldier style film which after such explosive epics we've had in the MCU as of late it will be nice to go more low-key, Also that White Widow suit...damn!

4 hours ago, tarot said:

You do know she has kicked Taskmaster butt a load of times right?

Got scans? I found him making X-23 look stupid, I found nothing with BW fighting him. Considering Taskmaster has super soldier serum going though his veins and has put a hurt on Cap and Deadpool. Unless it's PIS, Widow would loose. I'm still excited to see the movie. Please see my final sentence from my first post. 

14 hours ago, JayC said:

I don't recall Black Widow and Taskmaster really ever going at it one on one in the comics though I do think she could give him a run for his money depending on the circumstances.

I wonder if Red Guardian will get a shield.

She might. In my mind, based on feats and using comic continuity(which serves no purpose in the MCU), I would give it to Taskmaster. I'm not saying it's a flawless victory but they are in two totally different tiers. Again, I am excited to see the film and I hope Red Guardian gets his frisbee.

1 hour ago, Satam said:

I'm good with this, but one nitpick:  for somebody who finally found family in her Avengers team, it seems an awful lot like Natasha already had one.  Or maybe she just never felt that way about her comrades the way Alexei does.

I think this will be main topic of the movie, she had family but she couldn't continue normal relationships with them  because they were controlled by served interests of kgb first.

santa on cosplay - awesome comparison

On 12/4/2019 at 12:00 AM, monron999 said:

Now, this is the proper First Lady of the MCU effort. Natasha was unjustly passed over and the Anointed Goddess was put at point. Backspace, delete, replace. That's the right way to do it. This looks like everything that other loaded diaper was supposed to be. Hopefully this is a better sign for the future.

As far as the substance, I think it's going to be a mix of prequel and the time between Age of Ultron and Civil War. Looks like Red Guardian is going to be some sort of satirical take on the real one. Looks like Santa in cosplay. Let's hope it's not as bad as the whole Trevor clusterfook. I'm excited for this one.

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

So far it looks  good. My only major problem is the way Red Guardian seems to be treat like a joke character

Yeah it does and that's not cool; in the comics at least, she was married to this guy, so I'd like to think even if it were more or less "arranged" by the Soviets, she would still have a partner worthy of her. He shouldn't be a joke. He was their premier combat pilot/ Captain America counterpart for cryin' out loud.

On the other hand, the comics have indeed saddled her with guys I always felt were less than worthy- most notably, Hawkeye. Jayzus, what did she see in this fool?? And THEN they gave her a history with Bucky the Boy Hostage! SMDH.

Sorry about the rant, but I don't think she's ever really been portrayed as she should've been and a lot of that is because of the comics. I'd hoped they put her in an R rated film but at any rate, MCU has done a really good job with many of these characters so I'm hopeful this will knock it out of the park, too.

736672__SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

13 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah it does and that's not cool; in the comics at least, she was married to this guy, so I'd like to think even if it were more or less "arranged" by the Soviets, she would still have a partner worthy of her. He shouldn't be a joke. He was their premier combat pilot/ Captain America counterpart for cryin' out loud.

On the other hand, the comics have indeed saddled her with guys I always felt were less than worthy- most notably, Hawkeye. Jayzus, what did she see in this fool?? And THEN they gave her a history with Bucky the Boy Hostage! SMDH.

Sorry about the rant, but I don't think she's ever really been portrayed as she should've been and a lot of that is because of the comics. I'd hoped they put her in an R rated film but at any rate, MCU has done a really good job with many of these characters so I'm hopeful this will knock it out of the park, too.

736672__SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Yeah, The Red Guardian should have some dignity. At least Bucky was retconed to be the Winter Soldier and the boy hostage was made-up