Jump to content
JayC

Hasbro Marvel Legends 2019 German Comic Con Reveals

Recommended Posts

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH STEPFORD CUCKOOS Figure
(HASBRO/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Spring 2020)
Available exclusively at Walgreens

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH RETRO COLLECTION STORM Figure
(HASBRO/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Spring 2020)
Available for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse on 12/9 at 12pmEST

 

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH RETRO COLLECTION STORM Figure in pck.jpg

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH STEPFORD CUCKOOS Figure in pck.jpg

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH STEPFORD CUCKOOS Figure oop (1).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH STEPFORD CUCKOOS Figure oop (2).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH STEPFORD CUCKOOS Figure oop (3).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH RETRO COLLECTION STORM Figure oop.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh. Not happy with this storm. It was only made to stop tje color whinees up. They could have given is the giant size one.

But the cuckoos are a must have. Plus since they are in their renegade xmen uniforms, they will go great with their mama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not interested in Storm. Glad the Cuckoos have their All New X-Men heads, though I wished they didn't have permanent powered up heads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if storm will be the start of a new X-Men Vintage wave or a standalone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Wonder if storm will be the start of a new X-Men Vintage wave or a standalone

Believe its a standalone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JayC said:

Believe its a standalone.

Booooooo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We knew both figures were coming so no major surprises. Would have rather seen the rest of the X-Force wave but I understand not wanting to reveal something like that at a small con with little to know coverage coming from it.

I like the Storm figure, I think it looks better that the white version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be out of the loop.  Since when are the Stepford Cuckoos Catholic school girls and not identical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Satam said:

I must be out of the loop.  Since when are the Stepford Cuckoos Catholic school girls who are not identical?

Since the time they joined cyclops renegade team after avx. One want to be an individual and dyed her hair. The other followed suit. Imo more power to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tarot said:

Since the time they joined cyclops renegade team after avx. One want to be an individual and dyed her hair. The other followed suit. Imo more power to them.

If I remember Mindee/Irma dyed her hair black and cut it, Pheobe dyed her hair red (like Jean) while Celeste didn't do anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tarot said:

Since the time they joined cyclops renegade team after avx. One want to be an individual and dyed her hair. The other followed suit. Imo more power to them.

Thanks. I had the same question. Last time I saw the Cuckoos in the comics they were five identical young women who looked like Emma Frost clones. 

is it me or do the legs look unsettlingly muscled on the schoolgirl skirt design?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw that the Cuckoos are a Walgreens exclusive. That freaking blows. I finally had to break down and pay $35 each online for 3 Moonstars and a Black Queen. I've got two Walgreens in the town I live in, but neither one ever had them on the shelves and I checked almost every day for weeks.... plenty of the doom iron man figures and a few old yellow daredevils but that's it. Trying to track 3-5 of the Cuckoos down will be no fun - they'll probably be even harder than the Moonstar new mutants...  I freaking hate Walgreens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Reno said:

Just saw that the Cuckoos are a Walgreens exclusive. That freaking blows. I finally had to break down and pay $35 each online for 3 Moonstars and a Black Queen. I've got two Walgreens in the town I live in, but neither one ever had them on the shelves and I checked almost every day for weeks.... plenty of the doom iron man figures and a few old yellow daredevils but that's it. Trying to track 3-5 of the Cuckoos down will be no fun - they'll probably be even harder than the Moonstar new mutants...  I freaking hate Walgreens.

I always get the Walgreens exclusives off their website cause I don't have one super close and the one that is remotely close never carries them. They always put them on online and while they dont usually last forever they dont usually sell out instantly either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Thanks. I had the same question. Last time I saw the Cuckoos in the comics they were five identical young women who looked like Emma Frost clones. 

is it me or do the legs look unsettlingly muscled on the schoolgirl skirt design?

Damn that far back. They havent been five girls for nearly a decade. One kill another and got kill herself by xorn. 

And they are emma frost's clones. She treat them like her daugters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have preferred more additional  heads with Stepfords, like 2 more blonde head sculpts for more classic look. But since you have to buy 3 of them anyway you can still have 3 blonde heads. 

78038AF8-9ED5-4A04-8B90-8277D16826FD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will likely get one Stepford Cuckoo.

Can't see myself buying this Storm figure, really all i'm interested in at this point is the FA look.  Plus i have the old toybiz Storm that's in a similar costume.  This one seeming to be 100% repaint of the white costume version we just got isn't helping.  But happy for those who were hoping for this look.  I do wonder if it will come with a higher price tag if its a standalone (like Deadpool)? Alternatively, since it doesn't seem like it would fit into current designated ML pegs at stores i wonder if it will show up and go on clearance quickly, like the 80th line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm stoked for the Cuckoos, and honestly kind of excited to go on another Walgreens hunt. What is going on with Storm, though? That's just a made up costume. It's the gold team era costume in the outback costume colours. I guess it's funny because they did the opposite lazy repaint in the 5" Toy Biz days, repainting the outback figure (complete with light-up lightning bolt on the chest) in the colours of the gold team, but come on! This better not mean Hasbro's checking the outback costume off their list, because this is pretty phoned in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Benn said:

I'm stoked for the Cuckoos, and honestly kind of excited to go on another Walgreens hunt. What is going on with Storm, though? That's just a made up costume. It's the gold team era costume in the outback costume colours. I guess it's funny because they did the opposite lazy repaint in the 5" Toy Biz days, repainting the outback figure (complete with light-up lightning bolt on the chest) in the colours of the gold team, but come on! This better not mean Hasbro's checking the outback costume off their list, because this is pretty phoned in.

People were whining the last one wasnt the "right colors".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tarot said:

Damn that far back. They havent been five girls for nearly a decade. One kill another and got kill herself by xorn. 

And they are emma frost's clones. She treat them like her daugters.

Hmm... I read all of Morrison’s New X-Men, so I must’ve read the part where two died and just can’t remember. Were their names Sophie and Esme? Those are the only two names I remembered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a comic image of Storm wearing the black costume? I mean, the original was white/silver, a bit grey on the shadows according each color artist, but I don't remember any black costume. Please help!

The Cuckoos ... it was a pain  in the ass to get two Moonstars (i still hope to have an 90s X-Factor Wolfbane) now to suffer trying to find three Cuckoos, why walgreen can't do a 3-Pack? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Hmm... I read all of Morrison’s New X-Men, so I must’ve read the part where two died and just can’t remember. Were their names Sophie and Esme? Those are the only two names I remembered.

That's right, Sophie was the good member who was killed by Esme,  Esme was the one that Xorn killed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Legender said:

Does anyone have a comic image of Storm wearing the black costume? I mean, the original was white/silver, a bit grey on the shadows according each color artist, but I don't remember any black costume. Please help!

The Cuckoos ... it was a pain  in the ass to get two Moonstars (i still hope to have an 90s X-Factor Wolfbane) now to suffer trying to find three Cuckoos, why walgreen can't do a 3-Pack? 

I dont think it was ever black but because the shadowing often made it look black and most of Storm's costumes are black, some interpreted it as such and because of that Toy Biz back in the day did a figure that was essentially meant to represent Strom of the time in a black outfit, hence this figure is a tribute to that, at least thats how I understand it.

30f2de3c-0569-4ec5-aaa0-345197bcc428_1.e72bc86a094d423df6a537637ca4ab8c.jpeg

2665937c2e2761a51d07701a4cc85cec--marvel-dc-comics-marvel-heroes.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Wonder if storm will be the start of a new X-Men Vintage wave or a standalone

It can’t be a coincidence that the package art for Storm now has a corner box with character portraits of Storm, Iceman, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Beast.

Is the reintroduction of the corner box on the packaging indicative of a new lineup of figures?  On the original Toy Biz packages the portraits on the corner box changed to reflect the figures in that wave.  

It may not be a fully new wave... maybe a wave 1.5.  

Cyclops features his blue and white X-Factor costume just like the figure from the Uncanny X-Men retro wave.  I wouldn’t be mad at all if they changed him to his original blue and yellow X-Factor costume.

Iceman could be a straight carry forward, or maybe he’d be done with a blue tint just like later versions of the original Toy Biz figure did.  

A carry forward of the tiger stripe Wolverine from the Apocalypse BAF wave seems unnecessary since the Love Triangle figure is pretty much already a repack with some added accessories... but Wolverine is one of those anchor characters for Hasbro.  If they used the belt from the Hulk 2-pack then it would represent Wolverine from Giant Size X-Men #1 until he changed to the brown costume, and save me the hassle of putting that together myself.

I’d love to see Beast re-released in any format.  I was lucky to find a second one in the wild to go along with my classic Avengers, and now I’m looking for a third to make a classic X-Factor team.  Since the Caliban wave figure only came with an open mouth head, a re-release in a retro wave would be a great time to add a new closed mouth head.

If this isn’t an actual wave that’s released all at once I would also be cool with some repaints and re-releases continuing to launch via Hasbro Pulse as standalone figures like gray hulk and first appearance Deadpool. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE