Hasbro Marvel Legends 2019 German Comic Con Reveals

JayC

4 minutes ago, BradMan said:

It can’t be a coincidence that the package art for Storm now has a corner box with character portraits of Storm, Iceman, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Beast.

Is the reintroduction of the corner box on the packaging indicative of a new lineup of figures?  On the original Toy Biz packages the portraits on the corner box changed to reflect the figures in that wave.  

It may not be a fully new wave... maybe a wave 1.5.  

Cyclops features his blue and white X-Factor costume just like the figure from the Uncanny X-Men retro wave.  I wouldn’t be mad at all if they changed him to his original blue and yellow X-Factor costume.

Iceman could be a straight carry forward, or maybe he’d be done with a blue tint just like later versions of the original Toy Biz figure did.  

A carry forward of the tiger stripe Wolverine from the Apocalypse BAF wave seems unnecessary since the Love Triangle figure is pretty much already a repack with some added accessories... but Wolverine is one of those anchor characters for Hasbro.  If they used the belt from the Hulk 2-pack then it would represent Wolverine from Giant Size X-Men #1 until he changed to the brown costume, and save me the hassle of putting that together myself.

I’d love to see Beast re-released in any format.  I was lucky to find a second one in the wild to go along with my classic Avengers, and now I’m looking for a third to make a classic X-Factor team.  Since the Caliban wave figure only came with an open mouth head, a re-release in a retro wave would be a great time to add a new closed mouth head.

If this isn’t an actual wave that’s released all at once I would also be cool with some repaints and re-releases continuing to launch via Hasbro Pulse as standalone figures like gray hulk and first appearance Deadpool. 

Its got a corner box because its being released next year hence no longer Marvel Comics 80th Anniversary which is what was used on the corner box of the White Storm. All I know for sure is what is listed above but I wouldn't try reading to much into that. My guess this will be a single release fan channel exclusive, like the recent X-Force Deadpool.

So excited about the Stepford Cuckoos, not excited it's another exclusive, but ah well (we all knew it was), it's cool they went with the look when they all had different hair, I didn't think they were going to do that, as for Storm I don't know why I'm currently displeased with this, this recycling re-painting game needs to slow up, sure they got us all with the fan channel stuff, but I thought that was sort of a one-off thing, stop Hasbro, no more re-paints of figures that came out like 4 days ago, don't cop out , new figures please

59 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

So excited about the Stepford Cuckoos, not excited it's another exclusive, but ah well (we all knew it was), it's cool they went with the look when they all had different hair, I didn't think they were going to do that, as for Storm I don't know why I'm currently displeased with this, this recycling re-painting game needs to slow up, sure they got us all with the fan channel stuff, but I thought that was sort of a one-off thing, stop Hasbro, no more re-paints of figures that came out like 4 days ago, don't cop out , new figures please

See the thing is that hasbro are doing it because the fan want a certain version that could have been a variant in the same wave. Because they know how hard it was to get the variants they are instead releasing them as fan exclusives. For example when deatlok was released people want it to be the xforce version and some even customized the figure. So hasbro thought instead of just slotting this into a wave just make it an exclusive for fans to buy

9 minutes ago, tarot said:

See the thing is that hasbro are doing it because the fan want a certain version that could have been a variant in the same wave. Because they know how hard it was to get the variants they are instead releasing them as fan exclusives. For example when deatlok was released people want it to be the xforce version and some even customized the figure. So hasbro thought instead of just slotting this into a wave just make it an exclusive for fans to buy

I totally get why they are doing it, it makes perfect sense, but I also think it's getting a bit stale right now, if we are going to be seeing this trend going forward I'd like it broken up a bit more, I see that the people want these variants but we were happy back when we wern't getting them. I just want to make sure Hasbro isn't going to keep the trend flowing to hard, because we are missing slots for new characters

I like the Storm, don't get me wrong, I just kinda felt it was far too soon

Didnt really need that black costume storm, the white one was the one I wanted and got (though im ok if indeed its a standalone figure just for the people who really wanted that black costume version), ill pass on it like most have already said here.

The stepford cucoos are looking nice, and Id like to say Ill get 3 of them but in my country walgreens exclusives are weird, sometimes we get them, sometimes we dont (got silver surfer and emma before everyone else but never got sue, mystique and still havent gotten the danny moonstar) hopefuly we'll get them and Ill be able to snatch 3 sets (I like the red hair headsculpt the best, if I manage to get three of them I might repaint the extra 2 red haired heads blonde, and try to get a third head loose to have an option for all three on a more clasical blond look).

Also, looking at the Cucoos figure, at first I was thinking this body would be an excelent base for a Penny Parker custom to go with the SP//dr BAF but knowing hasbro they probably know this and will most likely put out a Penny with this body down the line soon (hopefuly in the second Spiderman wave of 2020).

4 hours ago, tarot said:

People were whining the last one wasnt the "right colors".

Yeah, but it's still not. It's even more wrong than before. 🙂

3 hours ago, JayC said:

I dont think it was ever black but because the shadowing often made it look black and most of Storm's costumes are black, some interpreted it as such and because of that Toy Biz back in the day did a figure that was essentially meant to represent Strom of the time in a black outfit, hence this figure is a tribute to that, at least thats how I understand it.

30f2de3c-0569-4ec5-aaa0-345197bcc428_1.e72bc86a094d423df6a537637ca4ab8c.jpeg

2665937c2e2761a51d07701a4cc85cec--marvel-dc-comics-marvel-heroes.jpg

That Toy Biz figure was actually of an earlier costume that was black, but they later rereleased it repainted to match the gold team colours, which looked pretty silly because of the big light-up lightning bolt that shouldn't've been on that costume. Now Hasbro's done it in reverse.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Benn said:

Yeah, but it's still not. It's even more wrong than before. 🙂

That Toy Biz figure was actually of an earlier costume that was black, but they later rereleased it repainted to match the gold team colours, which looked pretty silly because of the big light-up lightning bolt that shouldn't've been on that costume. Now Hasbro's done it in reverse.

spacer.png

Exactly, they really could have just painted that Bolt over there, missed opportunity. If they were going for real variant it could have been silver. 

9 hours ago, JayC said:

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH STEPFORD CUCKOOS Figure
(HASBRO/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Spring 2020)
Available exclusively at Walgreens

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH RETRO COLLECTION STORM Figure
(HASBRO/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Spring 2020)
Available for pre-order on Hasbro Pulse on 12/9 at 12pmEST

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH RETRO COLLECTION STORM Figure in pck.jpg

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH STEPFORD CUCKOOS Figure in pck.jpg

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH STEPFORD CUCKOOS Figure oop (1).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH STEPFORD CUCKOOS Figure oop (2).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH STEPFORD CUCKOOS Figure oop (3).jpg

MARVEL X-MEN LEGENDS SERIES 6-INCH RETRO COLLECTION STORM Figure oop.jpg

I'm actually surprised Hasbro did a black costume variant. I would've guessed they would have done a silver one. Being the color it is I really wish Hasbro made first appearance Storm. The one thing I do love about this figure is the color of the lightning effects!

9 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

People arguing over the correct color for Storm's costume reminds of a few years back when peeps were arguing over the color of that dress lol......

what-color-dress-gold-white-blue-black-color-blind-why-do-i-see-twitter-tumblr.jpg

There really shouldn't be an argument, during the Outback era it was black. It was highlighted the way it was to give the effect of being shiny leather, like Longshots costume which incidentally was colored and highlighted the same way.   But... some folks just gotta try and ski uphill lol.

1 hour ago, Legender said:

So, everyone agrees that particular costume was never black, but silverish and Hasbro repainted it just to remind the old toybiz version?

Oh, it was black, just a very shiny black. Glynis Oliver was innovating and learning new tricks with coloring techniques so she gave both Storm and Longshot a very specific leathery look (in the blazing Australian heat). Everyone agrees Longshot wore black so it should be similarly agreeable Storm wore black.

I could pass on all. Love Storm but not sure I need that outfit; I wish they'd at least given her a strand of hair across the forehead as a lot of pictures show. Something different from the just released white outfit. Probably best to just save for the one we all want- her ORIGINAL, Dave Cockrum designed costume.

On the other hand I'm thinking this version isn't going to be in high demand so will soon be on Amazon for $14.00....at which time, I just may snap her up....

Storm is practically a repaint of the Vintage Series and the Stepford Cuckoos have the "Mary Jane" head used for the nth time with varying hair scuplts.  I think, for the latter, it's the new trend: New Head Hair Sculpts!  Is it me or is this just an easy cash grab for Hasbro.  A bit lazy on a convention reveal, IMHO.

3 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I've been wanting Storm in her "Giant Sized" costume for a while now, she's the last figure I need to complete my X-Men Arcade roster...

If that was done, instead of this release, everyone's opinion would be different. Personally I would like to see Storm in her Purple 90's costume

9 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I've been wanting Storm in her "Giant Sized" costume for a while now, she's the last figure I need to complete my X-Men Arcade roster...

Me too! Maybe with the black color we can look at it as being one step closer to getting it? We at least now have the color of the arm capes for the Giant Size Storm!

2 hours ago, tudortiger2000 said:

Hasbro shoud've gone with single jointed knees for the Cockoos, similar to how the Japanese imports does it for their female figures.  The knees are quite unsightly.

I agree it would've looked better but there probably would've been a lot of complaining that the knees were only single jointed.

13 hours ago, monron999 said:

Oh, it was black, just a very shiny black. Glynis Oliver was innovating and learning new tricks with coloring techniques so she gave both Storm and Longshot a very specific leathery look (in the blazing Australian heat). Everyone agrees Longshot wore black so it should be similarly agreeable Storm wore black.

Man, this is not the "Outback" is the Jim Lee costume! It was silverish, not black at all ... anyways, thanks Hasbro, easy pass as I was able to get the White Version