Marvel Legends 6" Black Widow Wave Fully Revealed And Up For Pre-Order

JayC

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wow I'm surprised by these new reveals, and my Surprise comes from how well... cheap they look, and as far as movie figures go they barely look like the sculptor cared about representing the actors likeness, at first look the whole wave screams retrograde, like this wave should have been released in 2015, I'm most stunned by how poor Yelena and Guardian's faces look, both almost have a basic line feel, the BAF looks really wonky and way too toony for me, I don't know how I feel about this wave in the end, Taskmaster looks pretty damn great, and the early comic reveals I'm interested in but these new figures I'm seeing are not what I expected (but we will see as more pictures come out, and the get released, in hand they may prove themselves better)

YES! Its NOT just me then....I'm not insane. I'm NOT!!

All jokes aside, I see now from the majority of responses most of you see it the way I do....there's a kind of generic, half-step of attention to this wave. And I'm really disappointed in the BAF choice. Guess someone wanted some more mileage out of the old Iron Monger mold. I get it, but this doesn't bode well for the Titanium Man, if they ever make him. TBH though this CD BAF is the same model of armor used in at least some of the comics- its not out of left field. Still, its not worth my time or money, so pass.

16 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

YES! Its NOT just me then....I'm not insane. I'm NOT!!

All jokes aside, I see now from the majority of responses most of you see it the way I do....there's a kind of generic, half-step of attention to this wave. And I'm really disappointed in the BAF choice. Guess someone wanted some more mileage out of the old Iron Monger mold. I get it, but this doesn't bode well for the Titanium Man, if they ever make him. TBH though this CD BAF is the same model of armor used in at least some of the comics- its not out of left field. Still, its not worth my time or money, so pass.

Honestly I think this wave was really a 2 for one cash grab idea, 1 to make a obligatory movie wave to coincide with MCU movie, and 2 to re-use old bucks and molds or utilise the least amount of new features to save money (on making a cheaper wave..remember china import prices going up folks!). it looks like a recycle wave because they can, they clearly said, nah don't use this new face scan tech, nah don't give them any new bucks (I think nobody here has a new buck, is Taskmaster not Ronin without a jacket, and a bit of new sculpt?) both Yelena and Widow are total re-used parts, of course so are the comic figures, Seems Red Guardian is the only brand newish sculpt I still see elements of older figures however.

It's a real step down the ladder of quality here, but they know it's going to sell, because we eat it all up

this scares me, like I said about all of the re-paints coming out so furiously, Hasbro knows us to well, and we are going to enter the age (which I hope won't be true) of seriously recycled parts, lack of face scans (when can be applied) and re-paints, beacuse of the china problem

but let's hope not

Well, so this is what it feels like to be tempted for a wave when you're only interested in the BAF and one other figure. It's not the Crimson Dynamo I would have preferred, but it's still a Crimson Dyanamo so I won't be a choosing beggar. I guess I'll scout for BAF parts on eBay, save for the right leg, since the other figure I'm interested in is Spymaster.

30 minutes ago, ADour said:

Well, so this is what it feels like to be tempted for a wave when you're only interested in the BAF and one other figure. It's not the Crimson Dynamo I would have preferred, but it's still a Crimson Dyanamo so I won't be a choosing beggar. I guess I'll scout for BAF parts on eBay, save for the right leg, since the other figure I'm interested in is Spymaster.

We already had a Crimson Dynamo in marvel legends, which in a flight pose looks decent. But in this case you can choose. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Honestly I think this wave was really a 2 for one cash grab idea, 1 to make a obligatory movie wave to coincide with MCU movie, and 2 to re-use old bucks and molds or utilise the least amount of new features to save money (on making a cheaper wave..remember china import prices going up folks!). it looks like a recycle wave because they can, they clearly said, nah don't use this new face scan tech, nah don't give them any new bucks (I think nobody here has a new buck, is Taskmaster not Ronin without a jacket, and a bit of new sculpt?) both Yelena and Widow are total re-used parts, of course so are the comic figures, Seems Red Guardian is the only brand newish sculpt I still see elements of older figures however.

It's a real step down the ladder of quality here, but they know it's going to sell, because we eat it all up

this scares me, like I said about all of the re-paints coming out so furiously, Hasbro knows us to well, and we are going to enter the age (which I hope won't be true) of seriously recycled parts, lack of face scans (when can be applied) and re-paints, beacuse of the china problem

but let's hope not

We haven't even seen them in hand yet... Yes prices are up because of supposed "tariffs". As long as they don't make brittle ass figures like Neca or Mcfarlane I'd be happy. I'm not picking up the whole wave cause I only collect classic versions. But Bucky and Crossbones look good too me. 

7 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

these are so cool! I cant wait for taskmaster, also itll be fun swapping the other ML tasky head and cloak  on to this body

That Taskmaster does look nice. I've already got the other 2 versions, not sure I'll get this one, but in a disappointing wave, this one is pretty good.

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Ok...what happened here?

These look like 4" Star Wars type figures, at first glance, especially Yelena. There's just a generic "blah" feel to most of the wave, and I'm pissed AGAIN that no one can seem to get the Black Widow right. Did they just re-use the buck from the Endgame figure?? C'mon, show her some LOVE....this is the BLACK WIDOW. Marvel's premiere spy. I know they can do better than this.

And why on earth Red Guardian doesn't have a helmet is beyond me. This BAF is not the version I was expecting- I thought for sure the classic Crimson Dynamo suit (Marvel Universe did it in the 4" size, and it was damn near straight out of the comic) was gonna be here.

Sorry. I like Spy Master but otherwise....Passing on this wave.

021_dff2ec6a-2f68-492f-9e12-73184f2542c8_large.jpg

That was the version of CD I was hoping for but instead Hasbro cheaped out & reused the old Iron monger BAF sculpt on a version of CD , hardly anyone was asking for. Oh well, saves me $$ as I was only getting Crossbones, Spymaster & Winter Soldier & CD had it been the 80s 'Armor wars" version. Amazing how they could do that awesome version in 4' scale for the MU line but couldn't do it in 6' scale for this wave. Hopefully we get that classic CD in a future Ironman wave or as an 80th anniv deluxe wave.

2 minutes ago, tarot said:

Does anyone find it ironic that they put up the russian heavy black widow wave on the same day russia is banned from most sporting events?

Is this like when you said you had scans of Black widow fighting Taskmaster in the comics?

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Ok...what happened here?

These look like 4" Star Wars type figures, at first glance, especially Yelena. There's just a generic "blah" feel to most of the wave, and I'm pissed AGAIN that no one can seem to get the Black Widow right. Did they just re-use the buck from the Endgame figure?? C'mon, show her some LOVE....this is the BLACK WIDOW. Marvel's premiere spy. I know they can do better than this.

And why on earth Red Guardian doesn't have a helmet is beyond me. This BAF is not the version I was expecting- I thought for sure the classic Crimson Dynamo suit (Marvel Universe did it in the 4" size, and it was damn near straight out of the comic) was gonna be here.

Sorry. I like Spy Master but otherwise....Passing on this wave.

021_dff2ec6a-2f68-492f-9e12-73184f2542c8_large.jpg

This is the crimson dynamo! I guess that crappy BAF is how he’s going to look in the movie. Thanks Hasbro and Disney. (sarcasm)

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

We haven't even seen them in hand yet... Yes prices are up because of supposed "tariffs". As long as they don't make brittle ass figures like Neca or Mcfarlane I'd be happy. I'm not picking up the whole wave cause I only collect classic versions. But Bucky and Crossbones look good too me. 

Oh I'm not really hating just making observations , they arn't impressing me with those face sculpts, looks like a lackluster attempt, but don't get me wrong I'm still planning on buying the majority of this wave, I don't care for the BAF or Red Guardian, but the rest I know sure will be purchased

With the crowd on this one as well. Not my favorite version for Crimson Dynamo, but hey, at least it's size accurate for once. So for the 2nd "EMERGENCY" wave do we expect Titanium Man on the Kree Sentry buck? I guess we can only hope at this point. Maybe we won't have to endure 5 versions of the main character this time. Also the ladies' face sculpts do seem a little chalky, but maybe it's only preliminary placeholders till the real tech head sculpts are ready, or maybe it's just bad photography. Hasbro's not know for the quality of their promo images. I seriously doubt they're gonna release figures with sub par likenesses. Loving that Taskmaster and Red Guardian is gonna be my favorite. Three David Harbour figures in the distance of a year, what side of Heaven or Hell did we wake up on?

As far as the whole price per product issue, Big Bad Hasbro better watch their six. Jazwares is gaining momentum in the action figure field and not only do they include accessories (look it up Hasbro), but almost all sculpts are unique, they all have additional face portraits and the price point is under $18. If they'd have gotten the DC license they woulda given ML a run for their money. And they're the kinda hungry where they woulda met Hasbro at 6.5" scale and tried to do it better, instead of doing the McFarlane "I just got good at 7 in. so that's what we're doing" thing. But truthfully, in the end if they start making too many waves, the big boys like Hasbro and Mattel will gang up on them, sue the pants off them and the then up in court so long that they have no choice but to crumble, just like they did with Toybiz.

From these pics it seems like a mixed quality wave at best. Worst thing obviously the fact that Red Guardian doesn’t come with Helmeted head, Crossbones has that terrible Hyperion torso and head that sits too high and makes that torso look even worse, face printing looks pretty weak as well and got most obscure version of Crimson Dinamo. On other hand Bucky and Taskmaster look great and even Black widow is pretty good figure but this more has to do with her having more comic book inspired look. 

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

"...Amazing how they could do that awesome version in 4' scale for the MU line but couldn't do it in 6' scale for this wave. Hopefully we get that classic CD in a future Ironman wave or as an 80th anniv deluxe wave..."

Right? I'm glad I have the 4" CD figure. But damn the thing was released back in 2010, I believe? Oh and let me correct myself: that was in the Marvel Universe size at the time, but was actually from the Iron Man 2 Action Series.

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

That was the version of CD I was hoping for but instead Hasbro cheaped out & reused the old Iron monger BAF sculpt on a version of CD , hardly anyone was asking for. Oh well, saves me $$ as I was only getting Crossbones, Spymaster & Winter Soldier & CD had it been the 80s 'Armor wars" version. Amazing how they could do that awesome version in 4' scale for the MU line but couldn't do it in 6' scale for this wave. Hopefully we get that classic CD in a future Ironman wave or as an 80th anniv deluxe wave.

I'm glad you added "for this wave". Because it could (probably will) be done later on.

I was originally only going to get Spymaster, but now I think that I want Red Guardian and the Crimson Dynamo BAF as well. I was really hoping that this BAF wouldn't be one that I wanted. I really have no interest in the other figures.

Now that I have gotten home and saw these images on a bigger screen, I don't think they are as bad as people are saying. Nat, Red Guardian and Taskmaster looks great. I do agree that Yelena loves horrid tough but one figure out of 8 does not make a wave bad. 

As for Crimson Dynamo, I actually really like this version. Yes it's not the one people were asking for but given that their has been over a dozen versions of the name over the years, no one has really said for the same version. Don't get me wrong, some asked for the version that they did in the MU scale but then show an image that is different from the figure. 

There is also the case we discuss just last year (and again later that year) about Hasbro making a version only for them to make a "classic" version later down the line. Hasbro will get around to another version of CD eventually so chill. 

Plus with there being so many people who wore the suit, they can make several CD and we will eat them up because, hey, different and new characters.