Marvel Legends 6" Black Widow Wave Fully Revealed And Up For Pre-Order

JayC

I’m pretty excited for this wave! I’ve always wanted a big BAF size Crimson Dynamo. Although not the perfect costume design I was thinking of but it works! 

All the figures look great, but it doesn’t seem like they’ve used the face print for them. Hopefully they’ll fix that in the final productions. 

Im really excited for that Taskmaster though! I wish the shield was bigger, but that whole design is awesome! 

4 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

We already had a Crimson Dynamo in marvel legends, which in a flight pose looks decent. But in this case you can choose. 

Yeah, the Valentin Shatalov version. I've seen a handful of eBay listings for it loose at a cheap price, but never pulled the trigger since I've already spent enough money this year.

However, what I meant from beggar choosing was in regards to a modern Marvel Legends Crimson Dynamo. Much like the Titanium Man figure that came in the same Iron Man series, that Crimson Dynamo only works well if you hide that it's underscaled, like you mentioned.

54 minutes ago, ADour said:

Yeah, the Valentin Shatalov version. I've seen a handful of eBay listings for it loose at a cheap price, but never pulled the trigger since I've already spent enough money this year.

However, what I meant from beggar choosing was in regards to a modern Marvel Legends Crimson Dynamo. Much like the Titanium Man figure that came in the same Iron Man series, that Crimson Dynamo only works well if you hide that it's underscaled, like you mentioned.

And that is the biggest drawback of both those figures. They were under scale as it was and it's even more so now. In fact it's noticeable even in poses and separation. If they could upscale that version of Dynamo and do a Titanium Man in the scale of this Dynamo BAF it would kill. Still, I'm not gonna not pick too much. It's new, it's in scale and it's big (always a plus), and it's already on pre-order.

And for all you worried that is just a repaint of the Iron Monger BAF, don't worry too much. From what I can tell it's mostly just the legs and hands. Even the chest plate and codpiece are different or at least retooled.

Screenshot_2019-12-09-21-03-21(1).png

Screenshot_2019-12-09-21-03-07(1).png

10 hours ago, McHogan said:

man they really do. at the very least like comic book adaptations of the actors in the movie. are these prototypes or the official end product? i have a feeling though that these will look much better in hand.

a little bummed that Harbor's Red Guardian doesn't get an alternate masked head. 

Yeah, these look like basic figures, no detail at all...

My hope is... the final versions will look better. I can’t imagine Hasbro not using the face scan tech on such a high profile project as Black Widow. My understanding is that tech is not the expensive part of creating new figures.

However, we’ve seen recent cases where the prototype looks pretty great then the final product is a noticeable downgrade ( Squirrel Girl is one that comes immediately to mind. Not that she used the tech but she shows there has been precedence)

I’m  willing to hope and see as Hasbro has absolutely knocked the MCU figures out of the park lately as recently as EndGame wave 3 as Heimdall, Valkyrie, Bro Thor, are amazing. 

6 hours ago, McHogan said:

However, we’ve seen recent cases where the prototype looks pretty great then the final product is a noticeable downgrade ( Squirrel Girl is one that comes immediately to mind. Not that she used the tech but she shows there has been precedence)

I’m  willing to hope and see as Hasbro has absolutely knocked the MCU figures out of the park lately as recently as EndGame wave 3 as Heimdall, Valkyrie, Bro Thor, are amazing. 

I'm hoping the most recent images of Squirrel Girl was a victim of a bad last minute show time primping. I can't imagine they'd go with the Golden Girls' Blanche look over the cool, confident, defiant look of the original images.

cool.jpg

wtf.jpg

olllllld.jpg

9 hours ago, MRT said:

The hyperion body looks terrible on Crossbones. Is it cuz the head seems tiny? I didn't really mind it on Venom or Gladiator before.

Infinity war black widow's likeness was great and Endgame's was not bad, this new head looks nothing like ScarJo.. what happened??

Agreed, they should be using the unworthy Thor upper torso from here out. I don't know why make Stupid decisions. 

15 hours ago, monron999 said:

As far as the whole price per product issue, Big Bad Hasbro better watch their six. Jazwares is gaining momentum in the action figure field and not only do they include accessories (look it up Hasbro), but almost all sculpts are unique, they all have additional face portraits and the price point is under $18. If they'd have gotten the DC license they woulda given ML a run for their money. And they're the kinda hungry where they woulda met Hasbro at 6.5" scale and tried to do it better, instead of doing the McFarlane "I just got good at 7 in. so that's what we're doing" thing. But truthfully, in the end if they start making too many waves, the big boys like Hasbro and Mattel will gang up on them, sue the pants off them and the then up in court so long that they have no choice but to crumble, just like they did with Toybiz.

The price increase likely won't effect Disney's cut, The price increase may be due to tariffs or to give themselves a larger profit margin. Disney owns Star Wars and Marvel (the two largest franchises at the moment). Hasbro won't risk that relationship. The only thing I could see happening is Disney developing its own toy company and then Hasbro would be fudged. If Hasbro starts making junk figures, yea we will stop buying them. But, so far the community is always salivating for next wave.

Additionally, McFarlane figures have been junk. I would stop collecting if they got the license. Jazwares is good with fortnite figures, but you have to understand is different franchises have different demands. Marvel can demand more than Fortnite can.

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

I'm hoping the most recent images of Squirrel Girl was a victim of a bad last minute show time primping. I can't imagine they'd go with the Golden Girls' Blanche look over the cool, confident, defiant look of the original images.

cool.jpg

wtf.jpg

olllllld.jpg

For some reason Hasbro seem to be dropping the ball with female faces. The Lightning Collection Kimberly looks like she's high on drugs.

11 hours ago, MRT said:

The hyperion body looks terrible on Crossbones. Is it cuz the head seems tiny? I didn't really mind it on Venom or Gladiator before.

Infinity war black widow's likeness was great and Endgame's was not bad, this new head looks nothing like ScarJo.. what happened??

Wonder if the tac vest from the Thunderbolts Crossbones will fit on this one?

Crossbones.jpg

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Crossbones.jpg

Because of the corny Hyperion torso, there's a big gap in the collarbone area where that vest won't sit/look right. I tried it a long time ago on the Nuke body, but I don't remember exactly what it was that made me not use it.

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Crossbones.jpg

3 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I wonder if the white suit has a removeable vest.

I think i can answer both of these.

I removed the vest from Jumbo Crossbones and tried it on Nuke, who uses the Hyperion upper body, cuz I was trying to do a scaled down Crossbones custom, and thought it will fit it's large and loose without some minor surgery, which I wasn't keen on doing.

The vest on the white suit seems to be sculpted. If you look around there are some higher resolution pics in a couple of places online (which really makes Yelena's head sculpt look much worse), and it's also articulated which is not typical of an overlay (see IW Black Widow). I know what you're thinking. Natasha wears a white suit in the movie but it doesn't look like she's wearing a vest so you were wondering if you could imitate that. So was I, but sadly I found pretty quickly that's probably not gonna be possible.

17 hours ago, monron999 said:

And that is the biggest drawback of both those figures. They were under scale as it was and it's even more so now. In fact it's noticeable even in poses and separation. If they could upscale that version of Dynamo and do a Titanium Man in the scale of this Dynamo BAF it would kill. Still, I'm not gonna not pick too much. It's new, it's in scale and it's big (always a plus), and it's already on pre-order.

I've been waiting since 2010 for Hasbro to upscale pretty much 90% of their output for the 3.75" Iron Man 2 line. Modern Iron Man, Ultimate Iron Man, Dark Reign War Machine, classic War Machine, modern Whiplash, classic Crimson Dynamo, Iron Man MK I, MCU Whiplash, MCU Hammer Drones... It's painful to think about it.

39 minutes ago, monron999 said:

The vest on the white suit seems to be sculpted. If you look around there are some higher resolution pics in a couple of places online (which really makes Yelena's head sculpt look much worse), and it's also articulated which is not typical of an overlay (see IW Black Widow). I know what you're thinking. Natasha wears a white suit in the movie but it doesn't look like she's wearing a vest so you were wondering if you could imitate that. So was I, but sadly I found pretty quickly that's probably not gonna be possible.

Well, that's disappointing. I think you're right.

It doesn't make sense, tho. If they could use de IW mold again with the vest and all, they didn't even have to go all the way and pack multiple heads and we would probably buy multiples to have both widows in white and both widows in black/grey.

10 hours ago, monron999 said:

cool.jpg

wtf.jpg

olllllld.jpg

Wow. Just....wow. I knew the more recent pic of SG looked bad but showing them side by side is mind blowing. Hasbro could not have seen the same images or worse actually held the prototype in hand next to this monstrosity and still gave it the green light. 

I wouldn’t say someone should lose their jobs over this but they should be forced to have the same make over they gave SG

1 hour ago, ADour said:

I've been waiting since 2010 for Hasbro to upscale pretty much 90% of their output for the 3.75" Iron Man 2 line. Modern Iron Man, Ultimate Iron Man, Dark Reign War Machine, classic War Machine, modern Whiplash, classic Crimson Dynamo, Iron Man MK I, MCU Whiplash, MCU Hammer Drones... It's painful to think about it.

That would entail that Hasbro get off their hands and do an actual IM based line that wasn't involved with the MCU, and I thought that was the next best bet after his particular movie arc and the current Avengers arc ended, but with the rumored return of Tony Stark (through AI or hologram and flashbacks, I assume) it looks like Hasbro has been set up to have he and the similarly returning Steve Rogers anchor yet more movie based waves. I think our hopes of getting all those comic based IM characters, much less redos of previous out of scale ML versions and versions done in the 4" line, are getting dashed more and more by the day

I'm a comic based collector only, so the more MCU based figure waves that Hasbro does to promote the next big movie, the more $$ I save. The choice for the least popular version of CD was $$ based. But in trying to cut costs on this wave by using like 70% of the Iron Monger BAF, they have probably cost themselves a lot of $$ from fans that will now buy this wave piecemeal like I will when I buy Spymaster/Winter Soldier & Crossbones, while if it had been the CD from the 80s Armor wars that the majority of us wanted, I'd be buying the entire wave & then selling off the MCU figs. And sorry, all I see is the sheriff from "Stranger things" cosplaying as Red Guardian when I look at him. To have not made an alternate masked head sculpt was a huge mistake on Hasbro's part imo. Dunno bout the rest of you, but I go to see superhero movies to see them sporting masks/helmets, DGAF to see them unmasked 60% or more of the movie. That's why I love the most recent "Judge Dredd" movie, I wanna see Dredd, not Joseph.

50 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I'm a comic based collector only, so the more MCU based figure waves that Hasbro does to promote the next big movie, the more $$ I save. The choice for the least popular version of CD was $$ based. But in trying to cut costs on this wave by using like 70% of the Iron Monger BAF, they have probably cost themselves a lot of $$ from fans that will now buy this wave piecemeal like I will when I buy Spymaster/Winter Soldier & Crossbones, while if it had been the CD from the 80s Armor wars that the majority of us wanted, I'd be buying the entire wave & then selling off the MCU figs. And sorry, all I see is the sheriff from "Stranger things" cosplaying as Red Guardian when I look at him. To have not made an alternate masked head sculpt was a huge mistake on Hasbro's part imo. Dunno bout the rest of you, but I go to see superhero movies to see them sporting masks/helmets, DGAF to see them unmasked 60% or more of the movie. That's why I love the most recent "Judge Dredd" movie, I wanna see Dredd, not Joseph.

Completely agree! Unmasked head on Red Guardian was a complete miss. I might grab him to make a custom red guardian. I am also a Comic Based figure collector only as well. I made a spymaster a year or so ago but I will still might get him and the rest of they are cheap enough. Ugh hate being a completest lol

29 minutes ago, CRobTheCreator said:

Completely agree! Unmasked head on Red Guardian was a complete miss. I might grab him to make a custom red guardian. I am also a Comic Based figure collector only as well. I made a spymaster a year or so ago but I will still might get him and the rest of they are cheap enough. Ugh hate being a completest lol

Dorkside toys is selling Spymaster via preorder for $9.99 loose. I'll be pre-ordering him along with WS & CB on their site for $17.99 loose as well. I want no part of that BAF at all.

9 hours ago, monron999 said:

That would entail that Hasbro get off their hands and do an actual IM based line that wasn't involved with the MCU, and I thought that was the next best bet after his particular movie arc and the current Avengers arc ended, but with the rumored return of Tony Stark (through AI or hologram and flashbacks, I assume) it looks like Hasbro has been set up to have he and the similarly returning Steve Rogers anchor yet more movie based waves. I think our hopes of getting all those comic based IM characters, much less redos of previous out of scale ML versions and versions done in the 4" line, are getting dashed more and more by the day

The sad thing is, a comic Iron Man wave would be popular and they could make loads of waves