Marvel Legends 6" Fantastic Four Wave Mr. Fantastic Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Mr. Fantastic figure from Hasbro which is part of the Fantastic Four Super Skrull Build-A-Figure wave. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Mr-Fantastic-01.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Mr-Fantastic-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Mr-Fantastic-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Mr-Fantastic-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Mr-Fantastic-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Mr-Fantastic-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Mr-Fantastic-07.jpg

Good review. This is probably the figure in this wave I have the least interest in. Elongated fingers are nowhere near as cool as the bendy wire arms the classic version cane with (plus the ultimate nullifier!) . Even having the classic 4, I could see myself maybe getting sue, Ben , or especially Johnny (to have a powered down version) but this one is a tough sell for me. Too bad because I would like a super skrull 

The FF does look pretty cool but I'm wondering if these are going to be released soon in a more classic color. I have a lot of FF but I've been replacing my Toy Biz stuff, which was great, with the even better Hasbro stuff. If these were classic colors, with a clear invisible woman and re-release of the flaming Human Torch in addition to the non-powered Sue and Johnny, I would preorder them. I'm assuming they will be released in the not to distant future with classic colors, and probably a smooth shaven Mr. F. They do look good though.

Modern FF costumes are a no-no for me. Just Doom & Super Skrull for me. Hasbro needs to do classic versions of a fully Invisible woman, a classic non flame Johnny & a more smaller size accurate classic Thing in the correct scale he shoulda been from the get go. Thing is 6ft 500lbs, Worst thing these newer editors ever did was start allowing these new artists to take artistic license with the scale on some characters. Ben was always smaller than the Hulk. That's what made you wanna root for him when ever they threw down, cuz he was the smaller, less stronger underdog in the fight. So hopefully Hasbro gives us a deluxe 80th anniv scale accurate classic Byrne or even Perez based Thing with alternate hands & an alternate yelling " It's clobberin time" Thing head sculpt!

fantasticfour.jpg

FF pic by JB.jpg

Thing by Perez.jpg

My preferred look is the navy blue with white trim. These black uniforms are sharp though.  I have no attachment to them so if a more classic scheme gets released these modern suits would go into storage. 

My only concern is that they have yet to do the two or three most recognized suits which could mean we could be shelling out the cash for these 4 a couple more times .... 

2 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

i was hoping franklin richards will be part of this wave..just in time for the x-men fantastic 4 comic book event

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Not if he was going to be another ripoff figure like Spider-Ham and Rocket

Amen to that, brother. If they'r gonna do that kinda crap it should be done as a dual pack of smaller figures and even exclude the BAF part it they have to. That Spider-Ham was a deuce to be sure. I hope we never see anything like that again, but I'm sure GOTG has a Rocket on deck.

59 minutes ago, mako said:

Honestly, while I LOVE the FF, the only reason I'll be collecting these is the powered down Johnny and the non-phasing Sue.

I mean I don't have any issue with the modern uniforms, I actually kinda like 'em, but how much money are we supposed to spend every time a character changes clothes.

I tend to agree.  at least it seems like the black-blue color scheme pretty much matches the blue-black on the classic uniforms so they can still look somewhat cohesive if you mix and match... as much as i like the dark blue/white "negative" costumes from the byrne era i feel like those would really clash with the classic colors if you'd tried to mix the members together.

12 hours ago, Gigantor said:

"...Hasbro needs to do classic versions of a fully Invisible woman..."

YES. I could care less about these new uniforms, which to me are drab and unnecessary. Either stick with the original set or the "negative" ones. And Sue really needs an invisible variant. Imagine that instead of the Hulk, we get Banner. Instead of Ice Man, we get Bobby. And while we're at it, the Human Torch should have a smaller buck (a a la the Sunfire type) and NO yellow head. The current Torch looks way too jacked compared to the other Fantastic Four members; I would've used that version for the Original Torch instead. But the Invisible Woman should be able to demonstrate her powers, and the half-inviso arm is a good compromise for those that just wanna see her in the suit while powered down.

As long as Hasbro has the license, I'd bet that we WILL see the "negative" outfits down the line, maybe the short-sleeve and probably Future Foundation too.

7494364_f520.jpg

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

At the very least they could have given him a sledge hammer long arm or maybe this time some stretched legs....whats he gonna do with those hands, rake leaves??

I think they are for extracurricular activities with Sue *tickle fingers*

spacer.png

I think  elongated fingers work best for scientist Reed, however, I do think that they should have added previous stretched arm accessory, considering that Build a figure of the wave  is average sized figure that is mostly using older existing parts, seems slightly cheap on Hasbros side, it’s not like they could reused that stretched arm anywhere else (well maybe SuperSkrull but he got his own stretched arms already)

20 hours ago, ADour said:

It's for stroking his magnificent beard.

And Sue. Seriously though, can't mess with the classics. Walgreens FF costumes are my fav followed by John B's versions, those are the ones we shoulda gotten in this wave. Just DD/SS for me. Might buy Johnny later in 2020 for the head sculpt to put on another Walgreens Mr F body.

On 12/13/2019 at 7:04 PM, silverback said:

What?!? No love for the FF? Passing on this FANTASTIC WAVE???  heavens forfend! I have ordered this MAGNIFICENT wave for my Christmas bonus. 

Honestly if you have the Walgreens Classic versions you don't need these figures. I don't spend money just to spend money. I'm getting Doom x3 but I have no need or use for any of the other figures. I have super skrulls from toybiz which I personally think are superior. 

Asides from Spiderman, Wolvy & Ironman, I don't go collecting every single version of a character ever done. I mean dag, some of you  want a figure done of a 1 panel pic! I have Pizza Spidey & Black costume Spidey from the Kraven 2 pack. Done. I have Classic 1st app Wolvy, old man Logan, Tiger stripe Wolvy & Brown Wolvy, done. Classic 70s-80s Hulk from the 2 pack, done! I just have 80th annv classic Ironman, & the comic based Ironman from the Ironmonger BAF wave. that is about the only character that I will get multiple figures of because he has sported different armors during his career. Silver Centurion is my most awaited version followed by a newer version of the Neo classic armor that came after SC got wrecked by Firepower. A classic stealth armor is needed too. But when it comes to the FF, the Walgreens classic versions are good enough for me. Only other versions of the FF I would get are the Byrne era versions that were also in the 94'-95'  toon.  I don't need 33 different versions of the same character.

24 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Asides from Spiderman, Wolvy & Ironman, I don't go collecting every single version of a character ever done. I mean dag, some of you  want a figure done of a 1 panel pic! I have Pizza Spidey & Black costume Spidey from the Kraven 2 pack. Done. I have Classic 1st app Wolvy, old man Logan, Tiger stripe Wolvy & Brown Wolvy, done. Classic 70s-80s Hulk from the 2 pack, done! I just have 80th annv classic Ironman, & the comic based Ironman from the Ironmonger BAF wave. that is about the only character that I will get multiple figures of because he has sported different armors during his career. Silver Centurion is my most awaited version followed by a newer version of the Neo classic armor that came after SC got wrecked by Firepower. A classic stealth armor is needed too. But when it comes to the FF, the Walgreens classic versions are good enough for me. Only other versions of the FF I would get are the Byrne era versions that were also in the 94'-95'  toon.  I don't need 33 different versions of the same character.

Agreed, I really only want/need the iconic classic look I remember growing up. Occasionally, I pick up different iterations of my favorite characters. 

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

I pretty much agree with this but it really depends on your focus.  Whereas some collectors prioritize getting as many different characters in their collection (be it from mcu, classic comics, or ,say, 90s x-men) others focus on just getting lots of versions of one character like Spidey or Wolverine. Endless costume variations don't bother me much as its not like i can afford to get everything hasbro puts out anyhow, it only becomes a problem if completing a BAF is enough of a priority that you end up buying figures you wouldn't otherwise (Sauron wave comes to mind).  In this case, Super-skrull would be nice to build but he's not SO cool (imo) that i need to buy 6 figures to get him.  And at least there's an FF available for regular order for those who couldn't track down the walgreen exclusives.