Build a Thor Wave

leokearon

We have a Buld an Iron Man wave and a build a Cap wave, so why not complete the Big Three with a Thor wave. Simplely list what figures along with a BAF you would love to see in Marvel legends form.

Other Build a Wave threads

I posted my wave proposal last July in an MCU Thor Wave thread by mistake.  No announcements or previews since then have given me reason to make any changes, so I'll repost it here in the appropriate place so that Hasbro can find it more easily.  I know they like to consult my post history when planning their waves.

• Thor  In light of the 80th anniversary Thor figure just released, I think they should go a little sideways from that for their wave anchor.  I'd like to see the classic armored version from ca. 1986 with interchangeable masked and unmasked heads.  Give him an ML-scaled whirling hammer like what that Select version came with and baby, you got yer next must-have figure in the line!
  • Balder  He's Braver than you.
  • Thunderstrike  He will need an interchangeable head with do-rag and sunglasses.
  • Zarrko, the Tomorrow Man  Yo, Dr. Manhattan, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Zarrko the Tomorrow Man has one of the best comic book names of all time!
  • The Wrecker  The Wrecking Crew is in serious need of a re-do.  Those older ones are both expensive and just not very good.  Start at the start with ol' Dirk.
  • Lorelei  For the love of Odin, please put her on the cuvier Ms. Marvel/Rogue buck!
  • Skurge, the Executioner  I've been jonesing for this guy forever.  How can you release an Enchantress and not do the Executioner!?  How!!?  Think of the children!!
  • Build-A-Figure: Kurse  Speaking of the children, make legit-threat-turned-protector-of-Asgard's-crumb-snatchers the build-a-figure.

I still think the Warriors Three should be reserved for a 3-pack, mainly because of Volstagg.  If they released him single carded, I doubt he'd be big enough for me.  Conversely, I'd hate to use a build-a-figure slot for him becuase Thor has so many cool characters that would probably need to be done in that format.

detail.thumb.jpg.245cfb5b9ae0be35ee36214d24a859c0.jpgbalder1.thumb.jpg.d12ccb27ce38a929b1840b618d854ded.jpg250px-Thunderstrike.thumb.jpg.65bf36430c28de160af6263b007e1460.jpg6af023bb27c25d7abf582ee68dc53667.thumb.jpg.a0f3b071227f7b9d27272b744c291d3b.jpgthor148.thumb.jpg.b5277b6ca1a5cfb4918499db37c136b5.jpgLorelei_Earth-94001.thumb.jpg.4b7f7da7108500e1a40279da0edd2ec6.jpg70bfcee4b4bbad6aff666644295a8719.thumb.jpg.2a579b8dc4efba8215f4d6f6047275e0.jpg1791010-kurse.thumb.jpg.379f98648c1800331db94607387f3d70.jpg

Oh man thor has so many cool BAF sized characters I'd love to see (I.e. Fafnir, Laufey, Atum, Kurse, Ymir)

Thor Wave

• Thor (Heroes Reborn)
  • Valkyrie (Defenders)
  • Karnilla
  • Gorr The God Butcher
  • Bloodaxe
  • Hela (Red & Black 90's Outfit)
  • BAF = Surtur

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

4 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Ideally?  In a 2-pack with Red Sonja or a 3-pack with Sonja and either The Devourer of Souls or Kulan Gath.  Though, I gotta say, that old Conan 2-pack from Toybiz will be very tough to beat.

man Conan deserves his own wave right now, he's killing it in the Comics, with Savage Avengers, Serpent War and Conan 2099 just to name some recent stuff (but hey I don't think many of you peeps read new comics?), also sadly Red Sonja isn't Marvel she's currently Dynamite, so no Red Sonja

Conan could have his own ML wave, based off of Serpent War/Savage Avengers/Age of Conan

Conan

Solomon Kane

Dark Agnes

Moon Knight

Kulan Gath

Belit

BAF = Marrow God

These are all based on the comics, not the MCU.

THOR wave 1

1. Thor (like the 80th anniversary figure but with a beard and helmet that covers half his face)
  2. Beta Ray Bill (Simonson design)
  3. Lady Sif (either the classic white and magenta outfit or the Simonson red/white look; no preference)
  4. The Executioner
  5. Odin (Kirby-style)
  6. The Wrecker
  • Build-a-Figure: The Destroyer

THOR wave 2

1. Thunderstrike
  2. Fandral the Dashing
  3. Hogun the Grim
  4. Hela
  5. Seth
  6. Hildegarde 
  • Build-a-Figure: Volstagg the Voluminous

THOR wave 3

1. Thor ("War of the Realms" version)
  2. Balder the Brave
  3. Karnilla the Norn Queen
  4. Heimdell
  5. Hercules (classic)
  6. Gorr the God Butcher
  • Build-a-Figure: Ulik the Troll (yeah, just re-use the SDCC exclusive since I never got him)

Riders series

• Thor with chariot pulled by Toothgrinder and Toothgnasher
  • Valkyrie with flying horse Aragorn

Would love all the above. Came late to this thread and by the time I read the   choices all my wants were covered. Great pics everyone.

my favs: Armored Thor, Thor ( Masterson) with beard  masked helmet, 80th Thor with beard ( such a wasted opportunity to include this as an extra head with the first release), Thunderstrike,

On 12/14/2019 at 3:17 PM, RyanDaly said:

These are all based on the comics, not the MCU.

THOR wave 1

1. Thor (like the 80th anniversary figure but with a beard and helmet that covers half his face)
  2. Beta Ray Bill (Simonson design)
  3. Lady Sif (either the classic white and magenta outfit or the Simonson red/white look; no preference)
  4. The Executioner
  5. Odin (Kirby-style)
  6. The Wrecker
  • Build-a-Figure: The Destroyer

THOR wave 2

1. Thunderstrike
  2. Fandral the Dashing
  3. Hogun the Grim
  4. Hela
  5. Seth
  6. Hildegarde 
  • Build-a-Figure: Volstagg the Voluminous

THOR wave 3

1. Thor ("War of the Realms" version)
  2. Balder the Brave
  3. Karnilla the Norn Queen
  4. Heimdell
  5. Hercules (classic)
  6. Gorr the God Butcher
  • Build-a-Figure: Ulik the Troll (yeah, just re-use the SDCC exclusive since I never got him)

Riders series

• Thor with chariot pulled by Toothgrinder and Toothgnasher
  • Valkyrie with flying horse Aragorn

#HASBRO, get to work. List above as shown ^

• 8 months later...

Damn, I love this idea. I'd forgotten exactly how many characters from the Thor-Verse still needed some love. All these Ideas are awesome.

Wave 1:

1. Classic Armored Thor - Williamson era.

2. Classic Hercules - Scale him correctly with Thor (they're the same size)

3. Fandral the Dashing - It's time this guy got some respect.

4. Goliath (Bill Foster) - Include a Ragnarok alt head sculpt to be used with 80th Thor

5. Valkyrie (Brunhilde) - Time to put her on a better buck.

6. Lorelei - Always liked this character.

7. Baldar the Brave - This guy used to a a "Kind of a Big Deal" in the 80's

BAF: Destroyer - One of the most disrespected characters to date

Wave 2:

1. Lord Thor - Redo of the early Hasbro version.

2. Thunderstrike - 90's era leather Jacket version.

3. Hogun the Grim - Just as Fandral, in need of some recognition

4. Executioner - No Thor collection is complete without this guy.

5. Thor Girl - This was actually a much better idea than Jane Foster as Thor.

6. Hildegarde - A bit more Valkyrie representation is always good.

7. Thorbuster Iron Man - I really don't see a better place to put this guy.

BAF: Volstagg the Voluminous - I thought more would be against him being the BAF but I could see him around the size of the Kingpin.

2 packs:

Wrecking Crew - These guys are badly in need of redo as the older ones are badly out of scale. Plus, Piledriver needs to have boneless ars.

Here is 2 more Thor waves, of the What the heck , no body wanted these guys!

I tryed to only include characters no one had yet

Wave 2

1. Thor 2099 (Cecil McAdam)
2. Desak
3. Tyr
4. Idunn
5. Seth
6. Disir
7. The Flame

8. Tokkots (No BAF Piece)

BAF = Atum (Demogorge the God Eater)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Wave 3

1. Ragnarok
2. Kelda
3. Mongoose
4. Man-Beast
5. Magni
6. Sigyn
7. Perrikus

8. Geirrodur (No BAF Piece)

BAF = Fafnir

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png