Marvel Legends 6" Fantastic Four Wave The Thing Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" The Thing figure from Hasbro which is part of the Fantastic Four Super Skrull Build-A-Figure wave. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Thing-01.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Thing-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Thing-03.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Thing-04.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Thing-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Thing-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Fantastic-Four-Thing-07.JPG

This is a nice figure and great for those who never managed to get their hands on the Walgreens Thing, but I most certainly think the Walgreens version is far superior, the darker colors, the black wash, the additional head sculpt and hands it certainly beats this new rendition, the Walgreens version is maybe one of the best Modern Legends I'd say, tough to do it better

The Walgreens version is superior. The only thing this one has over that one is that this one actually has a 4 on the uniform. But if you weren't fortunate enough to grab the original before it became more valuable than gold, this one will do just fine. I suppose you could just put the new belt on the older figure and make it work pretty well. Little hint, Thing's legs pop off pretty easily with boiling water.

Why did they pick this deco? I understand they were trying to boost the return of FF in the comics. But with the FF Gone since the secret wars they might've profited better of an older look. Obviously making she-hulk in her FF costume would've have been a slam-dunk. 

I think this wave would been more sought after with:

- Future Foundation Deco.

- 1990's blue and white deco. 

Image result for fantastic four 1980 comic

I’m digging this new version, like how the lack of black wash makes him seem more a pile of rocks as opposed to armored with rocks.

however, I like the Walgreens version better. Just like these for different reasons 

9 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Why did they pick this deco? I understand they were trying to boost the return of FF in the comics. But with the FF Gone since the secret wars they might've profited better of an older look. Obviously making she-hulk in her FF costume would've have been a slam-dunk. 

I think this wave would been more sought after with:

- Future Foundation Deco.

- 1990's blue and white deco. 

Image result for fantastic four 1980 comic

Box set!

So this definitely cant compete with the WG version since that one came with extra hands and another friggin head but I do like this versions head alot. I dont like the captain crunch look with the lighting deco tho and not a fan of this new uniform as much as the original. Still a 'fantastic' figure and worth getting a second time or a first if missed the walgreens one.